******MSC - UK CRUISERS ***

Host Carolyn

5 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Port parking CPS and ABP has got silly expensive.

£5day or less available 5mins from port cheap taxi ride or drop bags park and walk.

Savings will pay for a night in hotel.

I didn’t realise that. It’s been a while since we drove to Southampton as we now prefer the train. That works out very reasonably with a TwoTogether card or other railway discount card.

34 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

I didn’t realise that. It’s been a while since we drove to Southampton as we now prefer the train. That works out very reasonably with a TwoTogether card or other railway discount card.

They say P&O encouraged CPS to up the prices to get people to use select pricing where it is included.

All the others followed I think a week with ABP for Virtuosa is now around £80 with discount.

Train or coach does not work for us as no sensible service from our town.

For longer cruises you can get under £2day further out, we work on £30week £70month when over 2 weeks city centre.

Just checked in online for Yacht club and the booking and ticket says do not arrive before 1700 or you will not be allowed into the terminal . ?? Surely not ? Has anyone had similar Yacht club check in time and ignored it ? 

11 minutes ago, Rcibrit said:

Just checked in online for Yacht club and the booking and ticket says do not arrive before 1700 or you will not be allowed into the terminal . ?? Surely not ? Has anyone had similar Yacht club check in time and ignored it ? 

Go for it! It’s YC! You have priority. Get into that Top Ssil lounge with champagne in hand asap! 😂

10 minutes ago, Rcibrit said:

Great, thank you Defbref/Connie ! 1700 did have me worried for a moment !

The ship may be delayed due to French strikes but at least you’ll be one of the first people on as in YC. Our recent cruise was delayed as it came from further away due to strike action. Enjoy! 

Guest Cable3232

Quick Q for Virtuosa, Can you only book Hola! once on the ship? I dont see anything on the MSC booking site and I have searched the forum, first time on MSC cruise on 19 May.

1 hour ago, Cable3232 said:

Quick Q for Virtuosa, Can you only book Hola! once on the ship? I dont see anything on the MSC booking site and I have searched the forum, first time on MSC cruise on 19 May.

Hola is part of the 4 meal package or pay on board price.

book day/time on board

We do Hola at lunch book in the morning if we fancy it.

never busy great service.

Skip breakfast and 2hr of eating.

If first MSC make sure you status match.

Guest Cable3232

Thank you. Yes already did points match.

Didn't want to do the other speciality dinning options. So will book on board.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Virtuosa went live with £ today.

Here is the drinks packages for the 3n cruises If not prebooked.

IMG_20230421_144728.thumb.jpg.3678b15023271f978327b8d90254c9e2.jpgIMG_20230421_144728.thumb.jpg.3678b15023271f978327b8d90254c9e2.jpg

IMG_20230421_150257.jpg

So, 7x £14 champagne makes it worth buying the Premium Extra Package? I may have covered that last trip but couldn’t drink any more! 😅 I guess if you’re buying it by the glass  onboard you have to pay gratuities on top. It makes YC look worthwhile if you can get a good fare as the too drinks package is included.

20 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

So, 7x £14 champagne makes it worth buying the Premium Extra Package? I may have covered that last trip but couldn’t drink any more! 😅 I guess if you’re buying it by the glass  onboard you have to pay gratuities on top. It makes YC look worthwhile if you can get a good fare as the too drinks package is included.

No gratuities on £ sailings.

The package booked with the 3n cruise is £100(£33pppd) before any TA discounts

The 3n are currently cheaper through us but only easy+ with package.

The P.E was included in our fare for the sailing on the 30th April, sure we will get our monies worth with all the other drinks included. Have heard that there is Only one Champagne included at the £14 price.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sidari said:

The P.E was included in our fare for the sailing on the 30th April, sure we will get our monies worth with all the other drinks included. Have heard that there is Only one Champagne included at the £14 price.

Last week champagne bar by the glass €13 limit 

Screenshot_2023-04-22-03-39-24-026_cn_wps.xiaomi.abroad_lite.thumb.jpg.c9ddc84e83d19d28ace147f8c8d113bf.jpg

The new prices came in yesterday 21st April, now that Virtuosa is homeported from Southampton for the Summer months and is doing 3 x 3 night cruises before the 12 night Canary Islands sailing.

2 hours ago, sidari said:

The new prices came in yesterday 21st April, now that Virtuosa is homeported from Southampton for the Summer months and is doing 3 x 3 night cruises before the 12 night Canary Islands sailing.

I know was on the ship, the menu is likely to be the same with slight increases.

Untill someone on the ship posts new drinks  menu prices are a guess and may change again after the 3 day runs.

1 minute ago, insidecabin said:

I know was on the ship, the menu is likely to be the same with slight increases.

Untill someone on the ship posts new drinks  menu prices are a guess and may change again after the 3 day runs.

£14 is the maximum included drink price for Premium Extra.