Fleet Report for Sunday Mar 15, 2020

richwmn

Friends on board Nieuw Statendam just texted me. They have halted disembarkation, while someone is being tested. Disembarking started at 0700, so many already off the ship. She said they just reopened the cabins. 

36 minutes ago, Himself said:

Rich:  Thanks for the report.  Now the Koningsdam was supposed to do the 48 day cruise to Vancouver.  Does she  make the journey empty or where does she go from here?

?

My Crystal Ball is still cloudy on this. Looking at the next scheduled cruise for the fleet, it appears that several ships will have itinerary changes. Many things are up in the air. For example, at this point Canada has indicated that they will not allow Cruise Ships until after July 31st - that means that all ships with Alaska cruises will have to redeploy or external items will need to change. Other ports will also be unavailable.

All we can do is wait and see and understand that HAL, and the other cruise lines, will do their best to get the industry restarted in a quick, sane, and safe manor.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, richwmn said:

My Crystal Ball is still cloudy on this. Looking at the next scheduled cruise for the fleet, it appears that several ships will have itinerary changes. Many things are up in the air. For example, at this point Canada has indicated that they will not allow Cruise Ships until after July 31st - that means that all ships with Alaska cruises will have to redeploy or external items will need to change. Other ports will also be unavailable.

All we can do is wait and see and understand that HAL, and the other cruise lines, will do their best to get the industry restarted in a quick, sane, and safe manor.

July 1, actually. Canada's Ministry of Transportation will reexamine their stance on June 30.

L.

14 minutes ago, leerathje said:

July 1, actually. Canada's Ministry of Transportation will reexamine their stance on June 30.

L.

Sorry, I remembered it as the end of July, still makes a dent in the Alaska season.

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

Sorry, I remembered it as the end of July, still makes a dent in the Alaska season.

Don't get me wrong...I'm cloudy too and completely agree. Season is supposed to start beginning of May.  I see them go past my house as I live on Vancouver Island).   What an upheaval!

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

I am supposed to go off on the Westerdam in the 15th of June.  I hope they can move the port from Vancouver to Seattle ot\r another US port. 

6 minutes ago, Himself said:

I am supposed to go off on the Westerdam in the 15th of June.  I hope they can move the port from Vancouver to Seattle ot\r another US port. 

The cruise would still need to visit a Canadian port to satisfy the PVSA unless the US govt chooses to suspend it for the emergency period.

5 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is Dumbstruck Day  and Everything You Think is Wrong Day

I don't normally read this thread but was curious about today's locations (gee, I wonder why 🙂 )

I will be checking regularly, now that I know you also include the various days of celebration 😄  And yes, those two are pretty fitting!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VennDiagram said:

I don't normally read this thread but was curious about today's locations (gee, I wonder why 🙂 )

I will be checking regularly, now that I know you also include the various days of celebration 😄  And yes, those two are pretty fitting!

Glad to have you join. I guess I will keep it going

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, richwmn said:

The cruise would still need to visit a Canadian port to satisfy the PVSA unless the US govt chooses to suspend it for the emergency period.

That would be a good idea.  I think this will die down when the better weather comes.  I think by early May this thing will be a memory or I hope so.  

Friends sailing on HAL Rotterdam left San Diego Mar 11 to sail thru Panama Canal and arrive FLL Mar 27.

They are in Puerto Vallarta today.

Got a quick phone message from them that HAL arranged flights for them to fly Puerto Vallarta to home

airport, rather than from FLL.  Their message said "just want to let you know we are ok and not to worry."

Does anyone know what's up ? Is Holland disembarking passengers along the way and not carrying all to

Ft Lauderdale ?

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

The Daily!!!!

Perfect Rich.......

We can say good morning talk about the holiday theme and up coming adventures with HAL👍
Denise😊

What's your status?  Were all your cruises cancelled?

And thanks Rich.

Roy

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

What's your status?  Were all your cruises cancelled?

And thanks Rich.

Roy

Hi Roy! Answer is yes! Oceania with our 2nd cruise from Monte Carlo to Barcelona

they changed everything up because of port closures so it was not advantageous for us and too many hassles and we were able to do a 125% FCC on that. Now our cruise from Miami to Rome was changed to Barcelona while on The Rotterdam and than Oceania sent us an email all cruises cancelled by NCLHOLDINGS AND !

we could do 125% FCC or 100% all monies back !

So than The Captain on The Rotterdam on our first port day in PV after all on board

for SAILAWAY said we were staying in PV until further notice from corporate!

He apologized and said will still go to FLL but probably miss Aruba. 
Than Saturday night right when we were going to Pinnacle Captain said all off ship tomorrow! All monies will be refunded 100% plus a 100% FCC and for Independent air travel save receipts and we will refund money! All HAL air fare we will call by decks and you will be rebooked!

we were on deck 7 and we were fine had dinner at 7 left by 8:30 and huge lines and they were only starting deck 3! Spoke to people on our non stop flight to San Diego

they said they were in line for 6 hours to try and get flights done with HAL!

Were home now got in a couple of hours ago! We are safe and I am happy

Denise😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1