Cancel before final payment date - FCC or refund?

Does anyone know if you have something booked with nonrefundable deposit and cancel prior to final payment under the cruise with confidence, will you receive a full refund since it’s outside of final payment or is the deposit still FCC?

2 minutes ago, sarahs06790 said:

Does anyone know if you have something booked with nonrefundable deposit and cancel prior to final payment under the cruise with confidence, will you receive a full refund since it’s outside of final payment or is the deposit still FCC?

FCC

Im hoping they extend the final payment date for our June cruise. It’s due this month (on the 25th), but the only emails I’ve gotten from Royal this week are reminders that my final payment is due, and an option to start my check in process.

I have cancel for any reason insurance so I’ll probably just pay the final payment and if june cruises are cancelled I’ll lose 25% of my cruise fare from royal, and my insurance will pay me 75% of that 25%, leaving me with a loss of around $100, which is really no big deal other than the hassle of doing the paperwork.

I've never been so happy to have purchased the cancel for any reason policy.

9 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Im hoping they extend the final payment date for our June cruise. It’s due this month (on the 25th), but the only emails I’ve gotten from Royal this week are reminders that my final payment is due, and an option to start my check in process.

I have cancel for any reason insurance so I’ll probably just pay the final payment and if june cruises are cancelled I’ll lose 25% of my cruise fare from royal, and my insurance will pay me 75% of that 25%, leaving me with a loss of around $100, which is really no big deal other than the hassle of doing the paperwork.

I've never been so happy to have purchased the cancel for any reason policy.

If your cruises are cancelled Royal will give the option of a full refund or a FCC.  You won’t even need to use your CFAR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2020 at 9:50 AM, sarahs06790 said:

And if some payments have been made above the nonrefundable deposit, my understanding of Cruise with Confidence is that if cancelled prior to final payment date, all would be returned as FCC.  Correct?

7 minutes ago, NouCruzer said:

And if some payments have been made above the nonrefundable deposit, my understanding of Cruise with Confidence is that if cancelled prior to final payment date, all would be returned as FCC.  Correct

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, NouCruzer said:

And if some payments have been made above the nonrefundable deposit, my understanding of Cruise with Confidence is that if cancelled prior to final payment date, all would be returned as FCC.  Correct?

If it’s before final payment then any money beyond the NRD is returned to your credit card. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 6:29 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

If it’s before final payment then any money beyond the NRD is returned to your credit card. 

This is correct. I canceled before final payment and I got the non refundable deposit back as FCC, and the rest of what I had paid on the cruise was credited back to my credit card.  

I normally don’t pay anything until final payment is due , but this was a cruise I had to postpone from last year at the last minute. All of this makes me even less likely to prepay in the future. 

And, if before final payment, we would also have the option to switch the booking to a future sailing, yes? 

And if that sailing was less, then the extra paid would be refunded to credit card?