Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

That mask has a

NIOSH Filter Approval Rating
N95

Thank you.  That's re-assuring.

She sent a selfie with a paper hat, like in scoops, and the mask.

I could read the printing on the mask.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

But no one has boarded the ship recently, and the passengers haven't been ashore or some time.  So this is puzzling to me as well.

I don’t think it is puzzling at all. On March 18th many passengers went to the airport to fly home. Some did indeed fly out but the others either missed their flight or it was cancelled when they got there.

Some sat on a bus for an hour with the windows up and they had two medical emergencies in that period of time and then they came back to the ship!!!

April 1 the Covid19 tests came back positive..., 14 days after the “airport people” got back on the ship.

I think that they should have brought aboard a small cask of rum for each stateroom while ported in Barbados. It wouldn't help with the virus but might help to raise spirits a bit. (And they have such very good rum in Barbados.)

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I think that they should have brought aboard a small cask of rum for each stateroom while ported in Barbados. It wouldn't help with the virus but might help to raise spirits a bit. (And they have such very good rum in Barbados.)

... and a sanitizer from the inside!

51 minutes ago, OfcSupport said:

That's what I was thinking. I also heard today that there are reports now that it can be spread by talking or just breathing near someone. This is so highly contagious it's difficult to figure out how one can be infected.

I am not an expert but here is what I understand:

-covid 19 is a droplet based illness as it is understood currently. (humidy from breathing , cough or sneeze are examples of droplets) .  

- it is also called by covid 19 virus or novel corona virus ( "new" "crown" virus  /  corona viruses look like crowns)

- covid 19 is a respirator illness , much like a flu and as such is spread like a flu

-it is a LOWER respiratory illness not an upper respiratory illness. 

-so when we breath be exhale not only air ( gases)  but also tiny vapor droplets. If we cough or sneeze a lot of droplets come out and go far. ( maybe 6 feet or more) 

- that is why social distancing is 6 feet or more is set as a standard to help reduce transmission from person to person. 

-that is also why when we cough it is into our elbow and not across the room. ( and hopefully away from others) or sneeze into a tissue that is thrown away immediately ( put down on table, up a sleeve or held for later)   and then right away wash our hands. (soap and water or hand sanitizer). 

-and just like other flu like illness washing our hands frequently and not touching eyes , nose, or mouth are important to keep us from picking up the virus from somewhere and infecting ourselves after touching something that is infected.

you are right about it being highly contagious so we have to protect ourselves. so keep distance , wash hands and frequently touches surfaces often (door knobs, work surfaces, shopping cart handles) , stay away from a person that is sneezing and has a fever and stay away from others if you have those symptoms ( notify you MD right away so you can be tested and treated ) 

hope this helps . I am sure you knew this stuff already, but maybe someone else will find it useful.  

• Like 2

Good morning from onboard Coral Princess.

Late last night the Captain informed us that due to Zandaam and Rotterdam disembarking currently at FL, we would be delayed. We are to rendezvous with Regal Princess off San Salvador island (eastern Bahamas), to give us more supplies. RP has only crew onboard.

Negotiations for our arrival at FL are ongoing.

I guess FL has limits for handling arrivals in the current situation, so maybe understandable. Frustrating though as we just want to go home!

In other developments, UK Consul-General in Miami has emailed all UK on board to collect info. This is heartening.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ramonod said:

Any news from the Aussies onboard has their consulate been in contact do you know?

Sorry, don’t know as we’re all in our cabins with no contact with others, and neighbours are UK.

Edited by pb_uk
punctuation added

42 minutes ago, ramonod said:

Any news from the Aussies onboard has their consulate been in contact do you know?

Our travel companions are still on board, and they have been in regular communication with their Australian ambassador. I don’t know if all the Aussies have had similar communication, but the ambassador has been emailing our friends with periodic updates, with knowledge of the situation, etc. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

;

Yes, Barbados Mount Gay or Cockspur Gold would certainly eradicate all concerns.

3 hours ago, Fear-the-turtle said:

Our travel companions are still on board, and they have been in regular communication with their Australian ambassador. I don’t know if all the Aussies have had similar communication, but the ambassador has been emailing our friends with periodic updates, with knowledge of the situation, etc. 

I hope the Australians on board are treated with the same courtesy the Australian government is 

extending to the crew stranded on the various cruise ships near Australia.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I hope the Australians on board are treated with the same courtesy the Australian government is 

extending to the crew stranded on the various cruise ships near Australia.

The "leave our waters now" courtesy?  https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/1892590/australia-tells-virus-stricken-cruise-ships-to-go-home

😞

• Like 1

It’s also possible to have allergies and also get coronavirus just like anyone else.  
People who have allergies and get infected will be very prone to say, “Oh, this must be just my allergies acting up again. Everything is fine.”

Lots of people on the Celebrity Eclipse rationalizing in denial that all the people coughing and sneezing just had colds and allergies. 

There are more important things in the world now than worrying about being unfairly denied the ability to take a cruise. 
Take your allergy meds and don’t show up to board with symptoms mimicking a highly contagious and often fatal to others disease. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IrieBajan54 said:

;

Yes, Barbados Mount Gay or Cockspur Gold would certainly eradicate all concerns.

Personally I would prefer Foursquare Rum. Mount Gay can be purchased anywhere. Foursquare is something I can't get here. I absolutely loved that stuff and wish I had a cask of it on hand. I never thought I'd see a rum my wife could drink straight.

• Like 1

I was on the Coral. The officials from Argentina basically held the ship hostage. I think they could have brought the virus onto the ship. They woke us up at 3:30AM to start taking temperatures. The ship had done that the day before. They only let people with passports from Argentina and Switzerland off the ship. They waited until after 1 o’clock to call flights. By that time many people had missed flights. It was so late when they called our flight that we arrived at the airport 1/2 hour before they were supposed to be closing the doors. We had several bus loads of people. Thank God for Latam Air because they held the flight for 1.5 hours. Otherwise we would have been brought back to the ship as that was the process if you missed the flight after you disembarked. Could those people have been exposed, yes. But so could the officials have brought it onboard. Either way, the blame for the entire situation lies with the Argentine officials. 

This is my personal opinion. 

Edited by pupydog
Spelling
  • Like 1

......anyway, back to the Coral Princess.

We have just had the rendevous with Regal Princess, and a huge thank you to them for a terrific welcome. The ship’s crew lined the deck railings. They played a tune (don’t know what!) on the ship’s horn, snd sent an extra boat with the entertainment team, all decked out.

Quite emotional really, and thanks to both ships for providing much needed light relief.

Our captain turned the ship so both sides had a view.

We are now underway towards FL, with RP following.

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

......anyway, back to the Coral Princess.

We have just had the rendevous with Regal Princess, and a huge thank you to them for a terrific welcome. The ship’s crew lined the deck railings. They played a tune (don’t know what!) on the ship’s horn, snd sent an extra boat with the entertainment team, all decked out.

Quite emotional really, and thanks to both ships for providing much needed light relief.

Our captain turned the ship so both sides had a view.

We are now underway towards FL, with RP following.

that was The Love Boat theme, that the Regal played for us.

It was the theme song for the television show The Love Boat in the United States. And when you're on a ship now, they play it at the muster drill

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

that was The Love Boat theme, that the Regal played for us.

It was the theme song for the television show The Love Boat in the United States. And when you're on a ship now, they play it at the muster drill

Thanks Foghorn Leghorn.... the programme is not one seen in UK 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pb_uk said:

Good morning from onboard Coral Princess.

Late last night the Captain informed us that due to Zandaam and Rotterdam disembarking currently at FL, we would be delayed. We are to rendezvous with Regal Princess off San Salvador island (eastern Bahamas), to give us more supplies. RP has only crew onboard.

Negotiations for our arrival at FL are ongoing.

I guess FL has limits for handling arrivals in the current situation, so maybe understandable. Frustrating though as we just want to go home!

Hi folks, thanks for your updates.  I hope all goes well for you in the next few days.  The Zaandam and Rotterdam will be disembarking through Saturday as some of the passengers deemed "fit to travel" will not leave until then.  Attached fyi is the agreement Broward County negotiated with Carnival Corp regarding the Z and R ships.  I suspect that a similar agreement will be implemented for the Coral with analogous safety provisions on account of the COVID infections.  Hope all goes as smoothly as possible under the circumstances.

Carnival-Complete-Agreement.pdf

Edited by bluesea321
  • Thanks 1

I know when you guys are finally able to dock and disembark things may (or may not) go quickly.  If you get a few minutes along the way on your travels home please let us know how it's all going. When you finally get "home" we'd all like to hear that!  

• Like 2

Yes, there are many of us who are thinking of and hoping for the best outcome possible.  As I mentioned in a previous post, the Coral is our favorite ship and until March 13 we were booked for this exact itinerary. We cancelled on the 13th as we had refundable deposits.  Your continuing experience had sadly confirmed to us that we made the right decision to cancel.  We are on our late 60s and early 70s and probably will not feel comfortable cruising again, especially with the new regulations for 70+ people.

Wishing you a safe disembarkation and a safe and swift journey home.