Current Divina Cruise

Bluewake

Does anyone know how the current Divina cruise is going?  We were scheduled to be on it but due to concerns stemming from being in a high risk group for corona, we decided the prudent thing to do would be to cancel and take the future cruise credit option.  The people with whom we corresponded on the roll call were delightful so we truly hope it is going well.  However, based on some things we've read online  [https://www.cruisehive.com/complex-requirements-forces-cruise-ships-to-cancel-san-juan/38445] , it seems that the Divina may not have been allowed to dock in San Juan but was, instead, heading to Great Stirrup Caye.   And, it also seems that Tortola is not allowing ships to dock for 30 days .  [ http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/day-cruise-ship-ban-among-series-of-bvi-s-coronavirus/article_2d42539d-1f67-582e-8e4c-5da893cd8466.html  ].   Not sure about St. Maarten.   In spite of any such challenges, we do hope they are managing to have a good time.

3 hours ago, Bluewake said:

Does anyone know how the current Divina cruise is going?  We were scheduled to be on it but due to concerns stemming from being in a high risk group for corona, we decided the prudent thing to do would be to cancel and take the future cruise credit option.  The people with whom we corresponded on the roll call were delightful so we truly hope it is going well.  However, based on some things we've read online  [https://www.cruisehive.com/complex-requirements-forces-cruise-ships-to-cancel-san-juan/38445] , it seems that the Divina may not have been allowed to dock in San Juan but was, instead, heading to Great Stirrup Caye.   And, it also seems that Tortola is not allowing ships to dock for 30 days .  [ http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/day-cruise-ship-ban-among-series-of-bvi-s-coronavirus/article_2d42539d-1f67-582e-8e4c-5da893cd8466.html  ].   Not sure about St. Maarten.   In spite of any such challenges, we do hope they are managing to have a good time.

We, too, are following as we cancelled due to being in the high risk group. One person is posting on another thread and seems to be enjoying the trip despite the different itinerary. There are about 2000 passengers onboard. I'm glad they are enjoying and wish we could have joined them. I feel good about our decision, though. I hope to hear more from them when they return!

Thanks for the updates.    Sounds like MSC is working "on the fly" to try to create a decent cruise experience for the guests.   No doubt, some passengers appreciate the effort and some are frustrated because the revised itinerary so greatly deviates from the intended one.  These are precarious times...

MSC knocked it out of the park with the way they’ve managed this cruise!! I thought for certain we’d be returning to Miami after San Juan closed its port and the Divina turned northward. MSC recovered beautifully and is giving us a cruise that is beyond amazing! Cheers to MSC!!

Tuesday was Cozumel. Today (Wednesday) is at sea. Thursday is Ocean Cay. Friday is back to Miami.

I'm not sure what to expect when we debark. Our original plan had been to visit family in Naples for a few days before flying home. 

2 hours ago, Safe77 said:

MSC knocked it out of the park with the way they’ve managed this cruise!! I thought for certain we’d be returning to Miami after San Juan closed its port and the Divina turned northward. MSC recovered beautifully and is giving us a cruise that is beyond amazing! Cheers to MSC!!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the cruise! Sounds like MSC adapted quickly to the changing circumstances to create a positive experience for the passengers.    

First time at Ocean Cay. All I can say is amazing! And it’s so nice to see the butlers and juniors less staid, more relaxed. Service on the island continues to be outstanding, even if a bit laid back. We’re definitely on “island time” and loving it!!

15 hours ago, Safe77 said:

First time at Ocean Cay. All I can say is amazing! And it’s so nice to see the butlers and juniors less staid, more relaxed. Service on the island continues to be outstanding, even if a bit laid back. We’re definitely on “island time” and loving it!!

Should be there a week from now plus a day.  Second time, a no go.

Let us know when you get home how disembarking went.

From what I could tell, disembarkation went smoothly. We were among the first groups called to go ashore - every passenger had their temperature scanned (and recorded) prior to actually stepping on the gangway.  There was no backup with the luggage, no delays with Customs/Immigration.

Outside the terminal, there was the usual wait for busses and shuttles and other pickups.  I think that every passenger was off the ship and away from the terminal by about 11:30.

Our driver told us that only one ship, a Norwegian, had not yet come in to port.  It evidently left Miami before Divina on the 13th, but must have been on a cruise longer than 7 days.

16 hours ago, bespin said:

From what I could tell, disembarkation went smoothly. We were among the first groups called to go ashore - every passenger had their temperature scanned (and recorded) prior to actually stepping on the gangway.  There was no backup with the luggage, no delays with Customs/Immigration.

Outside the terminal, there was the usual wait for busses and shuttles and other pickups.  I think that every passenger was off the ship and away from the terminal by about 11:30.

Our driver told us that only one ship, a Norwegian, had not yet come in to port.  It evidently left Miami before Divina on the 13th, but must have been on a cruise longer than 7 days.

Thank you for the update.  Glad you had a good cruise.  Hope you all get back home without any major problems.

I was on this cruise, I will say Ocean Cay was awesome.  But, I was disappointed not to make Tortola.  We bought this cruise over a year ago based on itinerary.  We paid full price.  I know that my same room was half off if you bought in the last month.  Call me selfish but we feel we did not get what we paid for.   When we spoke to customer service on board their attitude was, "read the contract we can change ports at any time".   No compassion what so ever.   They would not credit anything.  We understand that this virus was out of anyone's control.   Well so long MSC.  Back to Royal...

Edited by potsie57