for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Melody, Sorry to hear about your family.  My thoughts are with you. I am glad Les had a chance to spend time with his brother. I am a believer in doing things when you have the opportunity because things can change in the blink of an eye. 

• Like 1

Hair styist today.  We babbled and gossiped and 90 minutes later we were done.  Today's highlights were kind of copper, just enough to sparkle in the sun.   We did find a new playlist on I <Heart> radio - Min Van Rock.  Stuff from those new indies in the end of the 90s/start of 00s.  The ones you know the song and like it but you have no clue of the artist/band.  Listening to it as I type here at home.  

OOTD:  To be the rebel that I am, I wore my Faherty railroad stripe overalls, a Madewell white cap sleeve Henley Tshirt and my pink high tops.  If I wasn't getting my hair done & colored I would have added my tan Gigi Pip hat.  I'd wear this outfit anywhere!!

• Like 2

Listening to the "mini-van rock" again.   I've had a day to think about it - it's the music that my local radio station played back in the early 00s.  I had that station on all day in my home office when I was working remotely for cisco Systems.  It was really good background music.

Hey, big Labor Day sale on Title Nine.  If you are looking for swim separates, dresses, etc, some really good prices.  I picked up 2 more of a shirt that I have in different colors $39 each.  Anita - this is the website that also has Horny Toad/Toad & Co stuff.   My paddle/swim shorts are on sale...

It's supposed to be rainy off & on today,  

• Like 2

I have the blahs today. After all that great cruise food I am trying to get back to eating sensibly but nothing sounds good. I think I need to get myself to TJ's or Whole Foods for some inspiration.... Or maybe will just sit outside and read for a bit -- the weather is much more reasonable today (currently 84 degrees) than before I left but still a bit warm for my liking!

I did some casual browsing of online sales but wasn't tempted by much. I have enough summery stuff and it's too early to think about Fall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I have the blahs today. After all that great cruise food I am trying to get back to eating sensibly but nothing sounds good. I think I need to get myself to TJ's or Whole Foods for some inspiration.... Or maybe will just sit outside and read for a bit -- the weather is much more reasonable today (currently 84 degrees) than before I left but still a bit warm for my liking!

I did some casual browsing of online sales but wasn't tempted by much. I have enough summery stuff and it's too early to think about Fall. 

I know that food feeling.  I have to get what my brain says "I'd eat that" and just do it.  I got some things from Whole Foods last week.  Yesterday afternoon I made a panini with an heirloom tomato and bufala mozz on ciabatta. .  Maybe I'll make a TJ's run this week.  

I might sit outside for a little, in between rain clouds.  It's the 40 degree temp changes time of year!  Daytime the windows are open, have to close them and add another blanket at night.

I did hit up a few sale items.  On Backcountry.com, they had one of the "bun warmer" skirts that I wear in the winter with my leggings on a nice sale.  It'll get a lot of use.  Then, on wearpact.com, I got a pair of light colored leggings for this winter.  Pact has nice basic clothes made in organic cotton.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I think you mentioned them before in the post on nice pants for travel. The ones you highlighted looked really cute. 

I bought the Airline Poncho from Pact for my trip last year.  Wore it all winter at work, too.  I also bought their Airline Pants.  It looks like they changed them this year.  Last year they were more wide leg and long - now they are shorter and have a bottom slit.  Too bad they don't have either now.  But the Tulip hem pants look nice.    I have a few of their sleeveless Ts, too.  

Melody - it's now rainy all day and a high of only 58 today.  It snowed up in the higher elevations overnight - 10,000 ft.  I had to close my windows when I woke up today.  Sweatshirt is the OOTD.

Wow @awhfy that's something you don't see everyday!!

I dragged myself to TJ's yesterday -- big mistake, it was mobbed. I didn't even try to navigate the last two aisles, just wanted to get out. I did find the root beer float ice cream bars that @slidergirl recommended and had one after dinner -- a delicious reward for my labors. 

I don't think I got anything new other than that. Just picked up a few favorites and ran...

Wonder when @Lois R is back from her cruise?

• Like 1

Melody - I get balloons frequently when they are flying.  My one sweet dog, Slider, would hear that "woosh" sound and start barking at it!   They land in the little green space behind my fence.  

Cynthia -aren't those bar good??!!  Now, if you like blueberry, there is a blueberry cream bar, too.   I have to head down to my TJ's sometime soon - my cupboards are pretty bare.  Now that my appetite is coming back, I have to get back to better eating .

Man, it was cold overnight!  My thermostat at 10am this morning was 58!!!  I knew it was cold when I put my fleece throw on top of my comforter and 2 quilts...  It's a nice, sunny day.  Maybe I'll sit outside for a little.  

NOTE:  I swear I saw the Jose Andres series with his family in Spain advertised as coming to CNN this month.  I can't find anything online, though, other than it was available on Discovery+.  CNN is now part of D+, so maybe they're going to show it.  I'd rather see it free than have to pay for another streaming service.

Photo of balloon landing next to my house one day...

IMG_0075.jpeg

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2

Just now, slidergirl said:

Ah ha!  I saw it last night!  The Jose Andres series starts Sept 20-something.  I think the 24th, but the 26th pops in my brain.   It still doesn't show up on website.  Weird.  

Keep us updated, lol. I tend to miss things not on my regular "radar" unless reminded. 🤷‍♀️  Right now I'm indulging my inner history nerd by watching the History channel Ancient Empires mini-series (Alexander the Great Monday night, Julius Caesar last night, and Cleopatra tonight).

• Like 1

Oh Melissa!   How fabulous for you!  I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you get it

our granddaughter (17) applied for a job in a clothing store for after school. She wore a nice dress & jean jacket & her boots (all items she’d bought at that store). The manager hired her on the spot as she ‘looked like she was ready to go to work’. She’s ecstatic 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 2

Some update on Les’s brother. He was moved to rehab today but isn’t doing great. His wife moves to home hospice tomorrow. We’re so glad we had such good visits with them last month. Their daughters said it was the last good day they had. 

Melody great news about your granddaughter ,the manager will be very happy ,it is actually hard to find good staff at the moment in NZ.

Sorry to read your extended family are not doing so well.

I just walked with my friend and her mother passed a few days ago, very sad.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrToblerone said:

Melody great news about your granddaughter ,the manager will be very happy ,it is actually hard to find good staff at the moment in NZ.

Sorry to read your extended family are not doing so well.

I just walked with my friend and her mother passed a few days ago, very sad.

Very hard to get good help here too. Tell your friend I’m sorry for her loss

Hi girls, just checking in to say hello. We are in Skagen, Denmark today and off the ship tomorrow in Copenhagen. I am staying one night and flying home on Sat but not actually getting to my home until Sunday morning. Due to the Sat connection time at JFK I just felt it would be better to stay overnight at JFK and not to stress. Flight home Sunday morning leaves at 8:30. Will be home by noon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, just checking in to say hello. We are in Skagen, Denmark today and off the ship tomorrow in Copenhagen. I am staying one night and flying home on Sat but not actually getting to my home until Sunday morning. Due to the Sat connection time at JFK I just felt it would be better to stay overnight at JFK and not to stress. Flight home Sunday morning leaves at 8:30. Will be home by noon.

Smart move Lois

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lois -- good to hear from you. I hope you enjoy Copenhagen, it's a charming city. Safe travels home!

19 hours ago, awhfy said:

Some update on Les’s brother. He was moved to rehab today but isn’t doing great. His wife moves to home hospice tomorrow. We’re so glad we had such good visits with them last month. Their daughters said it was the last good day they had. 

Keeping you all in my thoughts. 

• Like 1