for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Welcome home, Cynthia, glad you had a wonderful trip!

We are leaving tomorrow at 630pm for our flight to for our TA leaving from Civitavvechia.  I am all packed and ready, husband just started packing this afternoon😂😂.

Sherti🙂

Have a fantastic time, hope you have smooth seas and smooth travels!

sherri - I hope your trip is MERAVIGLIOSO!!  

Cynthia - dang, can you stuff me inside your suitcase???   

OOTD:  Finally  a little cooler (in the 50s), so a long sleeve Tshirt and jeans.   Tomorrow is my quarterly visit to my dental team and about the same temp, so the same attire will be worn.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - dang, can you stuff me inside your suitcase??? 

LOL, if I could, I would. 

Today I am working on the pleasurable job of slotting in restaurants for my upcoming trip. Armando is booked, as are two other perennial favorites but I also have some slots for new places to try....

• Like 1

Hi girls, Melody, hope you and Les are doing ok.......are you home from Boston yet?

I went out today looking for a pair of shoes but ended up with a lightweight v neck pullover sweater in the color mushroom. It is very soft😃 and I will take it on my upcoming cruise. Now I have to decide if I am going shoe shopping one more time LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Melody, hope you and Les are doing ok.......are you home from Boston yet?

I went out today looking for a pair of shoes but ended up with a lightweight v neck pullover sweater in the color mushroom. It is very soft😃 and I will take it on my upcoming cruise. Now I have to decide if I am going shoe shopping one more time LOL.

We arrived home very late last night after a many times delayed (nonstop) flight then an almost 2 hour drive home.  

these are the two tops I had to buy in Boston as I didn’t bring enough warm tops!  The weather guys lied!!!

IMG_7131.jpeg

IMG_7124.jpeg

Welcome back Cynthia and wow off to Rome so soon ,I’m like you I love the med as well,it’s a shame it takes 24 hours of flying for us to get there!

Have a wonderful cruise Sherri.

My husband just got his leave for next June so time to plan a trip for then.

Has anyone tried Azamara? They have a great itinerary around Spain 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Has anyone tried Azamara? They have a great itinerary around Spain

The cruise I just completed was on Azamara and I really enjoyed it. I like the smaller ships and just felt "at home" onboard. Very many people in my age bracket (young retired) and more active in general than Oceania, with better onboard entertainment and activities. Food better than the mass-market lines while not quite as good as Oceania.

If I had to come up with a few key descriptors, I'd say they are unpretentious, great for people who really enjoy travel for the destinations, and I found staff, crew, and fellow passengers all to be very friendly.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

LOL, if I could, I would. 

Today I am working on the pleasurable job of slotting in restaurants for my upcoming trip. Armando is booked, as are two other perennial favorites but I also have some slots for new places to try....

Have you been to Cesare al Casaletto?  Out of the tourist zone at the end of the No, 8 Tram.  One of the first places recommended to  me besides Armando.  

I went by an Athleta store yesterday on my way to Sephora (picked up some Nars tinted moisturiser to try).  I asked a salesperson about those pants.  She said they are the same design as the Brooklyn, just made with heavier fabric.  I didn't try them on, but the fabric did feel nicer to me than the Brooklyn.  If I needed another pair of black pants, I might try them.

Good dental checkup yesterday,  Had a new hygenist do my cleanings (new to the office, not new to the practice) - first time in years that I had a fully manual cleaning.  It seemed faster than usual, too,  And my gums didn't feel tender.  Done for another 4 months.

Woke up to about 4 inches of snow on my fence posts.  Ugh,  Really thick dense stuff.  It's going to be kind of ugly all day, so I'm staying put.  OOTD:  black Vuori joggers and a Tshirt.  

• Like 1

Thanks Cynthia  , we went on Oceania years ago and the food was very good.

Azamara does have some great itineraries , we may have spoilt ourselves on Seabourn and Silversea but we are seriously considering the cruise as it does a complete circle around Spain ,we are going for the destinations and enjoy meeting like minded people.

Kat I wear the Nars tinted moisturiser everyday as do both my daughters.Did you like it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Have you been to Cesare al Casaletto?  Out of the tourist zone at the end of the No, 8 Tram.  One of the first places recommended to  me besides Armando.  

I went by an Athleta store yesterday on my way to Sephora (picked up some Nars tinted moisturiser to try).  I asked a salesperson about those pants.  She said they are the same design as the Brooklyn, just made with heavier fabric.  I didn't try them on, but the fabric did feel nicer to me than the Brooklyn.  If I needed another pair of black pants, I might try them.

Good dental checkup yesterday,  Had a new hygenist do my cleanings (new to the office, not new to the practice) - first time in years that I had a fully manual cleaning.  It seemed faster than usual, too,  And my gums didn't feel tender.  Done for another 4 months.

Woke up to about 4 inches of snow on my fence posts.  Ugh,  Really thick dense stuff.  It's going to be kind of ugly all day, so I'm staying put.  OOTD:  black Vuori joggers and a Tshirt.  

We’re getting your snow on Saturday night into Sunday. Sitting on our deck right now

• Like 1

Our weather is so messed up right now - we're up over 20C today (high 60s/low 70s F), but are down to about 6C by Sunday (low 40s F). Nothing below freezing during the day at least for the next week, just frost warnings overnight a few nights. And kids won't need to be wearing their costumes over snowsuits on Tuesday.

Melissa, I sailed on Azamara once. I took a cruise with them back in April 2019 out of New York......sailed to Bermuda and then south to Charleston, SC.......and back up to NY. If I recall, it was ok but I haven't sailed with them again........thinking back.......I remember now. I had terrible cabin issues.......my a/c broke in the middle of the night and I got sick😮.......was not the best experience.

23 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Thanks Cynthia  , we went on Oceania years ago and the food was very good.

Azamara does have some great itineraries , we may have spoilt ourselves on Seabourn and Silversea but we are seriously considering the cruise as it does a complete circle around Spain ,we are going for the destinations and enjoy meeting like minded people.

Kat I wear the Nars tinted moisturiser everyday as do both my daughters.Did you like it?

This is my first try.  I think it was Cynthia who recommended it to me.  I needed something new to wear for work this Winter so I don't look like a ghost but not made up like a clown.  I'm just a moisturiser, brow (I've lost most of mine) and a little liner kind of person.

Still some of the snow is on the ground on the north-facing places around the neighborhood.  But, it's sunny so that's a good thing.  OOTD is the joggers again and a different Tshirt as I'm not going anywhere.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

This is my first try.  I think it was Cynthia who recommended it to me.  I needed something new to wear for work this Winter so I don't look like a ghost but not made up like a clown.  I'm just a moisturiser, brow (I've lost most of mine) and a little liner kind of person.

Still some of the snow is on the ground on the north-facing places around the neighborhood.  But, it's sunny so that's a good thing.  OOTD is the joggers again and a different Tshirt as I'm not going anywhere.  

NARS is great

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls......sad news tonight.......Matthew Perry died today.....I loved him on FRIENDS. He was only 54. Chandler Bing.

RIP

News said he played 2 hours of pickle ball & came home & got into a too hot jacuzzi

10 minutes ago, awhfy said:

News said he played 2 hours of pickle ball & came home & got into a too hot jacuzzi

Hi Melody, really? Did they release the information about the cause of death? I heard about the jacuzzi but don't know what happened. What do you mean a too hot jacuzzi? How did that kill him?

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, really? Did they release the information about the cause of death? I heard about the jacuzzi but don't know what happened. What do you mean a too hot jacuzzi? How did that kill him?

Lois - just speculation, but, dehydrated from exercise and then going into someplace that makes you sweat even more (sauna, steam, hot tub) can send you into hyperthermia.  If you are by yourself it could be possible for you to not realize what is going on, "doze off" and go underwater.  

• Like 1