for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, really? Did they release the information about the cause of death? I heard about the jacuzzi but don't know what happened. What do you mean a too hot jacuzzi? How did that kill him?

It was on our news last night about pickle ball & jacuzzi 

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Lois - just speculation, but, dehydrated from exercise and then going into someplace that makes you sweat even more (sauna, steam, hot tub) can send you into hyperthermia.  If you are by yourself it could be possible for you to not realize what is going on, "doze off" and go underwater.  

Hi Kat, ohhhh......he drowned. I heard that but didn't know how it actually happened. Thanks for the explanation.

Doing one of my least favorite things today -- closet cleaning and trying on of clothes. I have less closet room in the condo than I used to and I resolved to do some clean-out at each seasonal change.

Re: Nars. I only used it sporadically until my cruise where I had to be out and about every day. I really like it. It's less creamy feeling than the old Laura Mercier, but it also seems to last longer. Another option I "test drove" recently is by Summer Fridays, called Sheer Skin Tint. It is definitely sheerer than the Nars and I'm not sure if I like the way it goes on -- seems to dry almost instantly making it hard to blend. But the end result is nice. I got it as a sample.

RIP Matthew Perry. I never really watched Friends, just not the 30-minute sitcom type.

A wonderful crisp Fall day.  It was a sunny 24 degrees when I went out to get coffee (I ran out of filters) at 9:30am.  Fleece jackets and toques on heads were the norm the coffee shop.  Went across the road to the supermarket to get filters and breakfast goodies for the week.  And the Halloween candy was on sale so I picked up some for the neighborhood kids.  We have a neighborhood parade followed by trick or treating on driveways.  I'm either going to dress as a wizardess again or put on my classic Pittsburgh Penguins hockey sweater and my wool leggings.  It may be a little cool for the wizardess,  

I hit up TJ's Wednesday after my dentist.  I forgot to mention some good things I got:  Lobster Bisque - nice and creamy, no chunks though.  Jalapeno cheese dip - in refrigerated section,  Really good.  You heat it up.  I ate it with carrots.  The spice builds up.   I was disappointed there was no Pumpkin Cream Cheese.  It's one Pumpkin thing I really like.  Hopefully it'll be there in November.  But happy that there was still some Cranberry Goat Cheese log.  Very tasty on a cracker,  

OOTD:  my new smaller size jeans (yes ladies, the ones I had this Spring are now too loose), a Mountain Hardware hoodie shirt and my pink camo Sweaty Betty fleece jacket.  Olu Kai Chukka boots and a baseball hat - couldn't do a toque yet!  

• Like 1

5 degrees here today when I went to a graveside inurnment for a good friend’s dad this morning. OOTD, Omni heat long parka, boots, merino wool socks, merino wool cap & merino wool gloves. Merino woolx leggings & merino wool sweater. It all kept me pretty comfy for the 45 minute ceremony in the 10” of snow. Melody

• Like 1

Got my flu shot today and my arm is hurting tonight......took 2 Tylenol and hope they will start working.

Then I went to the Xfinity store to see about some kind of price reduction on my next contract with them. Got some good news actually. They are offering a 30.00 discount for those of us who don't make much $$ on a working income. And the guy was able to reduce the price of my upcoming contract too.

Needed a new modem and I got it installed and then when I went to print something, the printer did not work. 😧......Thankfully my laptop is covered under warranty with Best Buy so I called the Geek Squad and they walked me through the process to get the printer up and running again. It had lost the connection when I unhooked the old modem and put the new one in.......glad I called because I didn't know how to do it. The tech was extremely nice too.

• Like 2

I'm "up and at 'em" early today -- have an appt to get cortisone shots in my knees, which are being miserable after the walking I did on last cruise. 

While I'm out I plan to run other miscellaneous errands, including possibly TJ's -- although after Kat's post I may wait until November... (not that I like pumpkin, but TJ's has such good holiday goodies).

• Like 1

Sorry to spam the thread today (lol), but while I was deciding whether to go to TJ's today, I looked online and saw that their Thanksgiving Guide is supposed to be available online starting tomorrow late afternoon-ish (my time).

Just thought my fellow TJ-heads would like to know....  I decided to bide my time and do my research once that's out.

• Like 2

Hi Cynthia, spam the thread all you want.😃 This thread has always been about whatever.........(pick a topic). 

Example, that flu shot I got? It really knocked me out on a delay. I went to bed last night before 9.....the only reason I could guess that I was so tired was that shot. I slept really well!  And yes, my arm is still a little sore (much less than yesterday) and I feel rested too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, spam the thread all you want.😃 This thread has always been about whatever.........(pick a topic). 

Example, that flu shot I got? It really knocked me out on a delay. I went to bed last night before 9.....the only reason I could guess that I was so tired was that shot. I slept really well!  And yes, my arm is still a little sore (much less than yesterday) and I feel rested too.

When I got my flu and Covid boosters before my last trip, my arm hurt much more also. I chalked it up to this booster being made by Moderna whereas all my others had been Pfizer -- perhaps the formulation is just a bit different?  

Also, I was not careful to keep moving my arm around frequently after I got the shot(s), so maybe that really does make a difference -- who knows?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I've got my flu & covid boosters scheduled for Friday afternoon, because I then don't have anything on the docket until Sunday afternoon, so if I fall over, all I'm losing is some time. 

AND we get an extra hour of sleep this weekend!

• Like 2

My neighborhood had an excellent Halloween night.  I think every kid in the subdivision was out.  Temp was in the upper 30s and just a bit of a breeze.  The kiddos were still in costume and no jackets.  Even parents dressed up.  I did my hockey jersey, red leggings, pink furry boots and my granny knit toque.  To keep warm, I wore one of my Woolx hoodies under the jersey.  I tried to scare kids with my plastic "rabid squirrel" watching over my caldron of candy - didn't work 😸  My across-the-street neighbors had quite the setup:  camp fireplace going in the driveway, a table set up with the camp stove keeping spicy cider hot and bottles of good whiskey to pour in the cider.  All the adults made sure they stopped by at least once!  

OOTD:  black leggings and a Tshirt.  Not going anywhere.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just thought my fellow TJ-heads would like to know....  I decided to bide my time and do my research once that's out.

Bummer, just checked and it looks like TJ's has delayed the drop of their T-giving guide for 5 more days.  😭

22 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Bummer, just checked and it looks like TJ's has delayed the drop of their T-giving guide for 5 more days.  😭

I saw that last night.  I was trying to decide if I was going to drive down the mountain this weekend.  

Oh  - I don't know if I mentioned this before, but:  Woolx now has a pant.  It's made from the same material as the trusty Stella legging.  Everyone seems to be finding that they need to buy a size smaller.  I had that happen.  First ordered my usual M, but the waist was huge - measured against the Stella and another pant of mine and it was a good 1.5-2" bigger.  I exchanged for a S and it's perfect.  Anyone looking for a warmer pant to wear on those cruises and travel to colder climes would find these pants to be a good deal.  No need for leggings under pants.  

OOTD:  sweats and a Tshirt as I'm not going anywhere...  Story of my life.

• Like 1

It was about 60 for a high today but the sun was out. I needed a blanket last night and woke up to 47 outside.

I found a fantastic bargain today🙂. I wen to Ann Taylor to browse their clearance rack and almost fell over🙂I found a pair of really nice black pants in sort of  crepe material and they fit me well too. They can be dressed up. Well, when I looked at the tag? 20.87!!! AND 30% OFF that price. These are pricey slacks. I ended up paying 15.71😀.They originally were like 75.00.

I am happy!!!!and not literally fall but was so surprised with the price LOL

• Like 5

@Lois R  Wow, that really is a great deal!  Reminds me of the days when there was a Talbots regional clearance center just across the street from my office building. Back when Talbots had better quality items....bought a lot of my work basics there for great prices. 

@awhfy  Cute Halloween pics!  I miss seeing all the little monsters out and about now that I'm in my condo. We used to get 100+ in our old neighborhood.

@slidergirl  What's the weight of those pants? I just worry about getting too warm. In Europe in winter, I find all the buildings to be so overheated. I have been guilty of ducking into the bathroom in the Louvre (in late December) to remove my silk underwear, top and bottom, because I was dying...  Luckily it was small enough to stuff in my crossbody bag.

• Like 1

Good morning, I will be leaving Sunday morning and will probably start to pack this afternoon. I have most of the clothes out on the bed in the 2nd bedroom. This TA is a first for me. LOTS of sea days so daytime will be joggers and I think I will bring a pair of jeans too.

Anyway, a couple of more errands today as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

@Lois R  Wow, that really is a great deal!  Reminds me of the days when there was a Talbots regional clearance center just across the street from my office building. Back when Talbots had better quality items....bought a lot of my work basics there for great prices. 

@awhfy  Cute Halloween pics!  I miss seeing all the little monsters out and about now that I'm in my condo. We used to get 100+ in our old neighborhood.

@slidergirl  What's the weight of those pants? I just worry about getting too warm. In Europe in winter, I find all the buildings to be so overheated. I have been guilty of ducking into the bathroom in the Louvre (in late December) to remove my silk underwear, top and bottom, because I was dying...  Luckily it was small enough to stuff in my crossbody bag.

(

Hmmm.  Good question.   According to the website, it's 330g wool, the same as the Stella legging.  Actual weight - I did a "hand test" of holding the pants against certain others.  A little heavier than the Stellas, about the same/maybe lighter than the Eileen Fisher pants (Ponte, not Crepe).  As far as warmth, I could wear my Stellas indoors at work all Winter long at the lodge and the lodge is pretty warm (usually about 72-74 degrees).  Melody has Stellas too so she may be able to speak to the warmth, too. 

Lois - I didn't realize you were taking a TA so soon!!!  You'll definitely have to let me know what it's like to have all those sea days.  

I couldn't find it, but I know there was a discussion somewhere around here about the overall/coveralls/jumpsuit thing and not "suitable" for public or travel.  I was reading my online Travel & Leisure magazine and what do I see???  An article on newest fashion for travel and it was about the overall/coveral/jumpsuit!!!  Gave me a chuckle.

Boring day today so I'm binging on "Welcome to Wrexham."  I really like it.  This second season is so much on the people in the town, the women's team.  Even if you don't like soccer, it' a good documentary series.  

OOTD:  leggings and a Tshirt again.  Maybe tomorrow I'll do something different.

• Like 1