for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi girls, call me nuts but I got a new pair of shoes today😃 and a new bra too LOL.......and I just started and almost finished packing too. Will do the rest tomorrow.

I went to Dillard's and they sell a brand called Deltan. Anyone ever heard of them? I wanted a new pair of nice black loafers. There are so many choices on the shelves these days and I know what I wanted and what I didn't.....I don't like "chunky" ones and wanted more of a classic style. These are beautiful actually......I will try to post a picture.

Color:Black - Image 1 - Catalina Suede Slip-On Loafers

• Like 3

That picture is them....they are sueded with a metallic heel that I really like. It will dress up any of my slacks and they are coming with me on the cruise😃oh, they fil perfectly and feel great as well!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, call me nuts but I got a new pair of shoes today😃 and a new bra too LOL.......and I just started and almost finished packing too. Will do the rest tomorrow.

I went to Dillard's and they sell a brand called Deltan. Anyone ever heard of them? I wanted a new pair of nice black loafers. There are so many choices on the shelves these days and I know what I wanted and what I didn't.....I don't like "chunky" ones and wanted more of a classic style. These are beautiful actually......I will try to post a picture.

Color:Black - Image 1 - Catalina Suede Slip-On Loafers

Those are interesting, never heard of the brand. They should be perfect for evenings on your TA

Very cute shoes Lois.

We are in the process of booking the Azamara cruise as the itinerary is perfect .

We fly back to NZ from London and the cruise finishes in South Hampton UK ,so saves a flight from Spain .Read they have shower curtains that annoy people but Im sure we can cope, haha

• Like 1

13 hours ago, awhfy said:

Those are interesting, never heard of the brand. They should be perfect for evenings on your TA

Interesting? Does it look like the are at an angle on the heel? They are flat. It is a loafer. 

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Interesting? Does it look like the are at an angle on the heel? They are flat. It is a loafer. 

The heel is interesting, appears (in the picture) to be at a slight angle). I like them

46 minutes ago, awhfy said:

The heel is interesting, appears (in the picture) to be at a slight angle). I like them

Thanks, not sure what is with the photo but they are definitely on the level as the shoe itself. I may try to find another picture.

Weird, looking at my shoe, the heel is straight (if that makes sense). I guess I could take a photo of it and post it.......it is no big deal really. Just odd.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Weird, looking at my shoe, the heel is straight (if that makes sense). I guess I could take a photo of it and post it.......it is no big deal really. Just odd.

It’s a cute shoe, interesting detail with the metallic heel. As long as they’re comfy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Thanks, not sure what is with the photo but they are definitely on the level as the shoe itself. I may try to find another picture.

Let's see,20231104_111316.thumb.jpg.1d5e61784423672f18f1f1baa9d36a46.jpg

• Like 1

I am trying to check in for my flight from here to NY......not sure what the problem is with Jet Blue's website but I keep getting a message and it says, if you unable to check in, please see a JetBlue Member at the airport. What is the point of on line check in if you can't use it?

13 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Read they have shower curtains that annoy people but Im sure we can cope, haha

A trick I learned for those "over-friendly" shower curtains is to attach a few clothes pins at the bottom to give it weight. Then it stays put. 

Since I usually travel with 4 clothes pins anyway (for hanging wash and wear items), it's an easy solution.

Oh, just in case "clothes pins" doesn't translate well 😆, these are what I'm referring to:

image.png.ff63a7d550f7b47f8014b9cd8446ddb2.png

• Like 2

21 hours ago, slidergirl said:

According to the website, it's 330g wool, the same as the Stella legging.  Actual weight - I did a "hand test" of holding the pants against certain others.  A little heavier than the Stellas, about the same/maybe lighter than the Eileen Fisher pants (Ponte, not Crepe).  As far as warmth, I could wear my Stellas indoors at work all Winter long at the lodge and the lodge is pretty warm (usually about 72-74 degrees). 

I'm pretty much set for what I'm taking on upcoming trip, but I will keep my eyes open for a sale to maybe order and try them out. I tend to be a "heat factory" -- if it is 72 degrees I've got on a short-sleeved tee and lightweight crops, lol.

Seriously though, our winters here have become so mild in recent years that I'd almost never have an opportunity to wear them at home, only possibly when traveling...

• Like 2

I got checked in😃actually I called Jet Blue and got the nicest person! She did something and it let me go through with the process.

I am all packed and just have to get through the day......there are some really good college football games on today so I am good😃.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I got checked in😃actually I called Jet Blue and got the nicest person! She did something and it let me go through with the process.

I am all packed and just have to get through the day......there are some really good college football games on today so I am good😃.

YAY!!  Hope you have a truly wonderful time on your cruise and that the weather plays nice along the way. 

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am trying to check in for my flight from here to NY......not sure what the problem is with Jet Blue's website but I keep getting a message and it says, if you unable to check in, please see a JetBlue Member at the airport. What is the point of on line check in if you can't use it?

Are you doing from phone or computer. We had issues on phone

Thanks Cynthia,

What a great idea ,I will take some of those.Let me know any other tips if you think of anything.

We have actually just booked into the Barcelona hotel you recommended ,decided to try somewhere different and we are traveling up to the Costa Brava for a week before our cruise so need to budget, we don't mind small rooms as long as its clean and quiet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Are you doing from phone or computer. We had issues on phone

Hi, I was doing it on my laptop.......it is all good now. Got checked in and printed my boarding pass too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

YAY!!  Hope you have a truly wonderful time on your cruise and that the weather plays nice along the way. 

Thanks so much😃

32 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Lois, Have a wonderful and safe trip. Cute shoe, different with the silver heel.  

Thanks Janet🙂they really called to me.....definitely different but I really love them!

• Like 1