for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi everyone and Happy Thanksgiving! Oh well I didn’t have turkey but I did have pumpkin gnocchi in butter and sage ssuce with some shaved black truffle. Just like the pilgrims had, lol…

IMG_0628.thumb.jpeg.023ef2176a8fa7285199cceb2d02e88c.jpeg

Lois, sometimes fasting can actually cause nausea, and maybe the pain was from the muscles used when we throw up. Whatever it was, I hope it’s nothing serious.

I’ve been busy but not as busy as I’d like as my knee is making me slow it down. 😡 Still getting to some favorite and new places. I know @slidergirl will recognize this one:

IMG_0596.thumb.jpeg.a4ac97175e6f3e809b6c6073825fc2fc.jpeg

IMG_0598.thumb.jpeg.a04cfdf21fc74de0f6e94bfbe940ecca.jpeg

I get on the ship Sunday. It’s been warm all week but Sunday morning it’s going to dip down to freezing. 😱

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

Melody, are you having a house full of family today?

We’re not!  We went to our oldest daughter’s for appetizers & middle daughter’s for dinner & desserts. I’m having issues uploading pictures. These are the 2 Turkey breasts the guys smoked on the green egg way too much food (as always)

IMG_7365.jpeg

IMG_7360.jpeg

• Like 1

Cynthia - pumpkin gnocchi- YUM!   and, yes, I recognize the church!  Still one of my favorite places in Rome.  

I went real lazy yesterday for my Thanksgiving dinner.  Instead of doing the turkeyloaf and the sides, I made one big mashup.   In the skillet.  Cooked up the ground turkey with all my seasonings, added a bag of mixed veggies, added some of TJ's mashed potatoes (nuked them first), added a container of TJ's stuffing and then mixed it all up with a box of TJ's Turkey Gravy.  Good eating.  And, already mixed up to put in the leftovers container to eat the rest of the week!  I did leave the TJ's cranberry sauce separate, though.  Popped open a bottle of my favorite Rosé and had a glass.   My glucose level did not suffer...   

It's snowing today.  So, OOTD is again leggings, Tshirt and my Acorn mocs.  Cozy-ing up in the house.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - pumpkin gnocchi- YUM!   and, yes, I recognize the church!  Still one of my favorite places in Rome.  

I went real lazy yesterday for my Thanksgiving dinner.  Instead of doing the turkeyloaf and the sides, I made one big mashup.   In the skillet.  Cooked up the ground turkey with all my seasonings, added a bag of mixed veggies, added some of TJ's mashed potatoes (nuked them first), added a container of TJ's stuffing and then mixed it all up with a box of TJ's Turkey Gravy.  Good eating.  And, already mixed up to put in the leftovers container to eat the rest of the week!  I did leave the TJ's cranberry sauce separate, though.  Popped open a bottle of my favorite Rosé and had a glass.   My glucose level did not suffer...   

It's snowing today.  So, OOTD is again leggings, Tshirt and my Acorn mocs.  Cozy-ing up in the house.

Hi Kat, that sounds delicious to me........it is something I would make. Glad you enjoyed it.

Well, I got my lab results and I have a Dr appt on Dec 5th.......this year has been a PITA.....last time I saw the Dr was March....all the numbers looked pretty good.......now it is almost Dec and the numbers are all going the wrong way......I guess I really haven't been eating that "well" and need to change the habits.........😮........the A1C is good.6.6......but the others are not. My cholesterol is up....my actual glucose is up...........and my renal function is crappy.......I see a Nephrologist twice a year. But the numbers are worse now than back in March........that number should be at least a full point lower than it is right now.....my Doc won't be happy☹️ one of my kidney's is no longer fully functioning, I do know that much...it is the creatinine number which is part of the kidney function.....that number should be lower.

Hi all!

Lois - Cynthia had the pumpkin gnocchi in Rome.  I just sounded so good.  I've had sweet potato gnocchi so I imagine it's pretty similar.  Sorry 'bout the test results.  I know how that goes.  Glucose levels still baffle me - I can eat the exact same thing two days in a row and one level will be low 100s and the next will be 120s.  Changing eating habits is freakin' hard.  Is there anything specific you can do to help with the kidney output levels?  

Melody - nice pics!  My backyard looks a little like that too.  It stayed cold enough that the snow stayed put this time.  Not as cold as you, though.  We stayed in the 30s.   No more snow until Friday, supposedly.  That's the day I fly out to Palm Springs, so I may stay down in Salt Lake City Thursday night to avoid a snowy drive down the mountain.  I'm watching the weather.  I have a free night at a Marriott to use by the end of the year so it won't cost me anything.     

OOTD:  Sunny, but temp is in the mid 30s.  So, leggings and a long-sleeve Tshirt.  

• Like 1

I’m onboard the Nieuw Statendam enroute to Fort Lauderdale. The weather leaving Rome was quite chilly but getting warmer. In a rookie move I twisted my knee in Rome and it is still painful a week later. I am going to try out the thermal pool today. So far the ship is in good shape and holiday decorations are going up!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I’m onboard the Nieuw Statendam enroute to Fort Lauderdale. The weather leaving Rome was quite chilly but getting warmer. In a rookie move I twisted my knee in Rome and it is still painful a week later. I am going to try out the thermal pool today. So far the ship is in good shape and holiday decorations are going up!

Hope the knee isn’t too painful!

• Thanks 1

Cynthia - sorry 'bout the knee.  Keep off it and keep it elevated when you can.  A little ice can help, too.  I learned "RICE" for things like that - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.  I'm a major klutz so I learned that quickly.    I didn't realize you were doing a TA this time.  If anything else, at least you won't be wandering around ancient ruins on that knee 😉

I broke down and contracted with a snow plow guy for this year.  My shoulder just can't handle it again.  I'll have to give up something to be able to pay for it, though.  

OOTD:  my joggers (that I don't wear in public) and a Tshirt.  I'm being lazy for my last few days before I start back to work.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WELDON said:

Hope the thermal pool helps the knee along with some rest.

The weather in Florida this morning is chilly and it will be the same tomorrow. I'm leaving Monday on Celebrity Silhouette, 10 night southern caribbean. 

We’ll be on Silly in Feb for a 4 & 10 night b2b

7 hours ago, WELDON said:

Hope the thermal pool helps the knee along with some rest.

The weather in Florida this morning is chilly and it will be the same tomorrow. I'm leaving Monday on Celebrity Silhouette, 10 night southern caribbean. 

40 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We’ll be on Silly in Feb for a 4 & 10 night b2b

Silhouette is one of my favorite ships. 😍 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - sorry 'bout the knee.  Keep off it and keep it elevated when you can.  A little ice can help, too.  I learned "RICE" for things like that - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.  I'm a major klutz so I learned that quickly.    I didn't realize you were doing a TA this time.  If anything else, at least you won't be wandering around ancient ruins on that knee 😉

Yeah, my brain knew I should rest the knee. But it was ROME!!!! I’ll write more about some of the highlights on the Italy forum when I get back.

• Like 2