for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, the news is not so good

Dr called me this morning and she said I need to go to the ER.......the numbers are dangerous.

I am here now.....keep a good thought for me please.

That sucks --- good thoughts & prayers are on their way.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, awhfy said:

Hope Kat got off on her trip before the snow hit Utah

I got into the Sky Club at SLC just as it started to snow!  So I made it just right.  A warm and sunny weekend with the girls.  We took lots of photos so our friend with early Alzheimer’s will be able to look at them and remember the trip.   Now I am sitting at PSP airport waiting for my flight home.  The winter storm warning was canceled for today so I should be good driving home tonight.  Start work tomorrow at 11am!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Dr called me this morning and she said I need to go to the ER.......the numbers are dangerous.

I’m sorry Lois.  Hope it gets straightened out quickly!

21 hours ago, Lois R said:

I’m so sorry Lois. Hopefully it’s something that can be resolved easily & quickly

Hi girls,, well I had a kidney stone and I,had surgery today. The stone was blocking rhe tube connecting the kidneys to the bladder....and they went in and put in a stent, which is temporarily there. And the Dr was able to get the stone out so hoping the numbers will come way down.

It's good she told me to come to the hospital! 

• Like 5

Hi girls, the numbers haven't come down a whole lot but the surgery was just last night. The Dr was here and I will probably be here till Friday or Saturday. She wants to see a decrease of the numbers and is hoping in another 24 if will look better. So this is really one day at a time. Can be disconcerting, that is for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I'm glad they were able to get the stone out, and put the stent in. Fingers crossed that it solves the problem! Have you had problems with stones before? 

Hi, once but nothing like what just happened.

Lois - I'm relieved that it was a stone and it was quickly taken care of.  I do hope that, with it removed and the stent in, nature will take over and restore your numbers.   

Home from Palm Springs and did my first day of work.  I'm just exhausted today - my usual day off.   Turns out my boss is still my boss until they can get someone else.  Poor her - she's doing her new job AND her old job.  She's going to be going crazy.  And she has to hire one more person to be the "opener" at the Lodge.  I was going bonkers because I thought I had my logins/passwords put away and I couldn't find them!  I took all day to try to remember them.  One still is a mystery.  they also "upgraded" us to the big domain and took away the domain the lodge has had for years,  Our email is a mess, documents are unavailable,  just awful.  I'm sure they are thinking I can fix it since I worked in IT 😒.  Nope. 

OOTD:  joggers and a Tshirt.  Day off.  I'm going to nap!

• Like 2

Hi girls, my numbers are getting better, thankfully! The Dr said I can go home tomorrow too. Can't believe this happened so fast really. Happy I have a good Doc, that is for sure.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, my numbers are getting better, thankfully! The Dr said I can go home tomorrow too. Can't believe this happened so fast really. Happy I have a good Doc, that is for sure.

Good news

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

So great to hear this! 👍🏻👍🏻 Hope you keep improving.

Kat, don’t know if you’ve seen the new Delancy tights from Athleta. Herringbone & faux leather (called Gleam). Two other styles too. I’ve ordered the Textured. Melody

IMG_7704.png

IMG_7703.png

IMG_7702.png

Edited by awhfy
Add pictures

Hi girls, I am home from the hospital.......just took a HOT shower and omg, feel so much better.

I will have the stent removed next week and thanks again to all of you for being here😃

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I am home from the hospital.......just took a HOT shower and omg, feel so much better.

I will have the stent removed next week and thanks again to all of you for being here😃

Good news Lois, take it easy till you get that stent out

Hi Melody, thanks so much.  I would not even know I have a stent (If I didn't know).....I don't feel anything so that is good😃.

But my only plans are going to Publix to have a chat with my pharmacist tomorrow. I have 2 new meds  I need to get filled. They have me on a BP meds now and I am changing my Diabetes pill too.  The new scripts are via the "On Call" Dr from the hospital. Need to make sure everything gets processed. 

• Like 2

Well I will be home tomorrow. It’s been an interesting journey — what with my bad knee and there has been a lot of Covid aboard including 2 dinner companions!! 

The sea days were fine and went by fast. Gaining an hour a day is an easier way to deal with jet lag for sure. 😉

Christmas decorations onboard are festive. I even tried a holiday drink: a mint white chocolate martini!

IMG_0708.thumb.jpeg.011bc01ca49a24d711473062dadd2933.jpeg

IMG_0712.thumb.jpeg.17b28cac83ce6cba817c12661c9bbcac.jpeg

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 5