for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, WELDON said:

Wednesday night, I had a medical incident. About 5 pm, my heart started racing. After about 1/1/2 hrs., I went to an urgent care and they did an EKG. It was abnormal and the MD told me to go to a hospital. I was at the hospital about 8:30 and they did an EKG, chest X-ray and blood work. The results showed an atrial flutter. I was admitted and had to wait for a bed.

So I am in the ER waiting, then I was moved to the hallway, the I was moved to a room used as a holding room in the ER and then around 4 am, moved to another back hallway used only for patients and medical personnel.This hallway had 6 beds against a wall and also a chair. Each bed and chair was partitioned off. Since this was not a room, there was no TV, you could not order food (you got whatever the kitchen sent up). Sitting in a chair is more comfortable so I sat from Thursday AM until I a bed was ready at 9:30 Thursday night. I stared at a beige wall all day with nothing to do. 

All my tests were completed and came out fine. The last piece was staying Thursday night for additional blood tests. Early this morning, a couple of the nurses told me you are leaving soon. My nurse asked if I was ready to go and I got dressed quickly. My friend picked me up and I was home by 9:30. I am now taking Eliquis. That hospital was a nightmare. So many hours with nothing to do, no sleep, being moved multiple times, little food.  The heart racing came on suddenly with no warning. I never had heart problems. If anything like this ever happens, go to an ER so you can be assessed. The hospital people told me I did the right thing and came in quickly. You just never know from one minute to the next what can happen.

Oh my goodness, glad you are ok and now home😀

Woah!  That is something so scary to happen out of the blue.  I am glad that you did get sent to the ER and, despite the dreadful conditions, you were taken care of and are getting that cardiologist visit.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. During covid, I delayed going for treatment for a UTI. This turned into a serious blood infection and I was hospitalized for 3 days. After that, I never delay going to a doctor. I would rather go and be sent home for a false alarm than putting myself at risk. I find urgent care facilities are my first line in getting help. They will either treat you or tell you what you need to do if something is beyond their expertise.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 5:03 PM, Lois R said:

hope Melody and Les are having a fun cruise. I can't believe how much I have been researching cruises lately.........A LOT. And I guess it is just one of those things, nothing has jumped out and said :BUY ME...............

Hi Lois -- how's your search going? 

I am happy to sit out the winter season of cruising generally. Lots of cruises in the Caribbean at this time of year which isn't top of my list, lol. You probably feel the same after many cruises....

Other places where ships sail this time of year are a long way to go: Africa, Asia, Australia/New Zealand.  In the next few years I might be tempted to do a long cruise to Australia/NZ, but that will take some planning -- definitely NOT a "spur of the moment" thing.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

10 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Lois -- how's your search going? 

I am happy to sit out the winter season of cruising generally. Lots of cruises in the Caribbean at this time of year which isn't top of my list, lol. You probably feel the same after many cruises....

Other places where ships sail this time of year are a long way to go: Africa, Asia, Australia/New Zealand.  In the next few years I might be tempted to do a long cruise to Australia/NZ, but that will take some planning -- definitely NOT a "spur of the moment" thing.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

Hi Cynthia, good morning from rainy North Florida. It is an ugly day outside.  I keep looking at some things and that even included a land trip (If you can believe it). Then I thought.....pack, unpack, pack unpack.........LOL............a cruise is so much easier. And to be honest, I was looking at the Caribbean and then thought there are other places in the world LOL. Actually, Celebrity has a good price on a Bermuda cruise that also has a stop at Martha's Vineyard but  when I did a mock booking it came up that only late dining was available. I can't eat at 8:30 anymore. I guess I could call X directly and tell them I want Anytime dining and see what they say. It has been quite a few years since I have been to Bermuda and I have never visited Martha's Vineyard before.  Oh, it is a cruise in May....spring time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Celebrity has a good price on a Bermuda cruise that also has a stop at Martha's Vineyard but  when I did a mock booking it came up that only late dining was available. I can't eat at 8:30 anymore. I guess I could call X directly and tell them I want Anytime dining and see what they say. It has been quite a few years since I have been to Bermuda and I have never visited Martha's Vineyard before.  Oh, it is a cruise in May....spring time.

Late Spring in Bermuda and Martha's Vineyard sounds nice. I haven't been to Bermuda on a ship since 1997...and it was my first Celebrity cruise, lol. I also remember that the day we got back was the day Princess Diana died. 😢

Nice to see I'm not the only one with the vacation "hamster wheel" spinning!!  Since I was told I didn't need surgery yet, the wheels started turning.  I'll have maybe $2000 in tip money by the end of the season.  I was saving it for MD bills, but...   I saw some cool Transatlantics but they are 2 weeks too early for me - don't want to quit early and lose out on my "stayed the season" bonus. 

It's been totally cray-cray since Friday here at the Lodge.   A bunch leave tomorrow and we can go back to normal.  

OOTD:  my Lion sweatshirt, my blue jeans, and a cute little scarf to keep my neck from getting drafty.   My hair is in a pony because I not supposed to put my left arm above my shoulder for a few more days and it's no fun trying to wash hair one-handed!!  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Nice to see I'm not the only one with the vacation "hamster wheel" spinning!!  Since I was told I didn't need surgery yet, the wheels started turning.  I'll have maybe $2000 in tip money by the end of the season.  I was saving it for MD bills, but... 

Travel is always my go-to splurge and I can't think of a better one, lol.

I don't know when your season ends, but HAL does have one fairly late trans-Atlantic leaving Ft Lauderdale on May 11. Two weeks with calls in the Azores, then Cork, Falmouth, Cherbourg, Zebrugge and disembarking Amsterdam. About $2,000 for a solo (Inside). 

• Like 1

Hi girls, have any of you heard of American Cruises? They do river cruises around the USA.......I was taking a look at one of the offerings. Sails from Baltimore to different places on the Chesapeake Bay.

Cynthia, would you know what ship that May 11th cruise is? I won't do an inside anymore but would look at one of the windows and balconies. 

43 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Cynthia, would you know what ship that May 11th cruise is? I won't do an inside anymore but would look at one of the windows and balconies. 

Hi Lois -- it's the Zuiderdam. I was on her sister ship for 28 days to Japan last Spring. I was unhappy with the lack of entertainment but it seems that HAL is filling some of those gaps. Only thing I am unhappy about is that they used to have daily classical music performances (quartet), and now instead of having a group on every ship, they only have 1-2 groups that travel among all the ships.

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WELDON said:

I have heard of American Cruises. I know they are owned by Carnival. I don't know how their cruises are.

Have you looked into American Queen, USA River Cruises and Viking?

I had no idea they are part of Carnival. I didn't look at the other 2....thanks for the suggestions. Hope you are feeling ok🙂

On 2/19/2024 at 10:23 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Travel is always my go-to splurge and I can't think of a better one, lol.

I don't know when your season ends, but HAL does have one fairly late trans-Atlantic leaving Ft Lauderdale on May 11. Two weeks with calls in the Azores, then Cork, Falmouth, Cherbourg, Zebrugge and disembarking Amsterdam. About $2,000 for a solo (Inside). 

I saw that one.  The European ports didn't spark for me.    I may try to come up with something in the Fall and just do "home work" over the summer.  I have some owners coming in for month-long stays in the Summer and we've discussed maybe me doing some things for them as an "independent", not with the Lodge.  It would be on an as-needed basis.  Maybe yes, maybe no.  

OOTD:  sweatshirt and joggers.  Not going anywhere today.  Tomorrow is hair stylist, meds and food pickup.  

• Like 1

Hi ya'll....well, I found a cruise and would have booked it but how stupid is this......it is a TA Crossing on Celebrity's Constellation out of Tampa and the end of March. When I did a dummy booking, it would not take 1 person for the cabin☹️.....even if I was to pay double......the price is really good but they don't seem to want my money......It is really DUMB😠

7 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Lois, Why don't you call Celebrity?

I got so annoyed I just didn't.........I will give them a call tomorrow. 

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi ya'll....well, I found a cruise and would have booked it but how stupid is this......it is a TA Crossing on Celebrity's Constellation out of Tampa and the end of March. When I did a dummy booking, it would not take 1 person for the cabin☹️.....even if I was to pay double......the price is really good but they don't seem to want my money......It is really DUMB😠

Celebrity has been bad about this lately, I hate to say. They seem to be actively discouraging singles from booking by either making booking rates for a single FAR more than for two passengers (which is crazy to me), or not allowing solos to book certain cheap fares.

I agree that if you're interested try to call them directly rather than online. And I wouldn't worry about solos not being welcome once onboard -- the onboard staff and crew are alwasy wonderful. It's just the stupid shoreside people who don't seem to get it!

Well, all that is left right now are window cabins.........for a 2 week crossing I want a balcony. I will just keep looking.

When are Melody and Les back? Doesn't it seem like they have been gone for a long time?

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 12:42 PM, WELDON said:

Wednesday night, I had a medical incident. About 5 pm, my heart started racing. After about 1/1/2 hrs., I went to an urgent care and they did an EKG. It was abnormal and the MD told me to go to a hospital. I was at the hospital about 8:30 and they did an EKG, chest X-ray and blood work. The results showed an atrial flutter. I was admitted and had to wait for a bed.

So I am in the ER waiting, then I was moved to the hallway, the I was moved to a room used as a holding room in the ER and then around 4 am, moved to another back hallway used only for patients and medical personnel.This hallway had 6 beds against a wall and also a chair. Each bed and chair was partitioned off. Since this was not a room, there was no TV, you could not order food (you got whatever the kitchen sent up). Sitting in a chair is more comfortable so I sat from Thursday AM until I a bed was ready at 9:30 Thursday night. I stared at a beige wall all day with nothing to do. 

All my tests were completed and came out fine. The last piece was staying Thursday night for additional blood tests. Early this morning, a couple of the nurses told me you are leaving soon. My nurse asked if I was ready to go and I got dressed quickly. My friend picked me up and I was home by 9:30. I am now taking Eliquis. That hospital was a nightmare. So many hours with nothing to do, no sleep, being moved multiple times, little food.  The heart racing came on suddenly with no warning. I never had heart problems. If anything like this ever happens, go to an ER so you can be assessed. The hospital people told me I did the right thing and came in quickly. You just never know from one minute to the next what can happen.

Glad all tests came out well. Hope you’re feeling better. That’s scary

On 2/19/2024 at 10:28 AM, Lois R said:

Hi girls, have any of you heard of American Cruises? They do river cruises around the USA.......I was taking a look at one of the offerings. Sails from Baltimore to different places on the Chesapeake Bay.

I think American River Cruises just went out of business this week. I read it somewhere

Edited by awhfy

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Well, all that is left right now are window cabins.........for a 2 week crossing I want a balcony. I will just keep looking.

When are Melody and Les back? Doesn't it seem like they have been gone for a long time?

Got home at midnight last night (due home at 7pm but flight mechanical issues in Atlanta…

• Like 1

We got home last night, late due to plane issues. Cruises were great. We got a future cruise certificate, now to find something to book. I’ll post some photos soon. Melody

• Like 1

Hi Melody, welcome back and hope you both had a great cruise. Looking forward to your photos😀

It is AMERICAN QUEEN that closed their doors......American Cruise Lines is still open.

• Like 1