for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

She has a long history of ripping off her grandparents.😔

Lois, I missed your other post, I hope your girls trip is really fun!

Sherri🙂

Sherri, were any loan papers signed?  If so, call the loan 

Sherri that is terrible about the grandchild ,there’s always one bad egg in every family.

Cute dress Kat.

We board the Azamara Onward tomorrow,I bid for an upgrade to a suite from our verandah but looks like it’s not happening 😞

Cynthia will be getting excited as we get off and she gets on ,small world we live in.

We have loved being in Costa Brava for the last 11 nights.

Lois I hope your cough is gone soon .

• Like 2

Hi girls, I am in the middle of trying to decide about a cruise for later this year. I have a Caribbean cruise booked for December but not sure I want to do the Caribbean again. 

I am looking at 2 other options. Melissa, I am looking at a 2 week cruise starting in Auckland ending in Melbourne. I have never been to your part of the world before. I know it is supposed to be awesome! I also know it is a long, long flight.

And my other option is a 14 night TA CROSSING from Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale. Much shorter flight. But of course 2 totally different type of cruises.

Hi Lois ,If you do decide to come down this way for a cruise make sure it includes the South Island in New Zealand as that is the most beautiful part of our country and definitely worth seeing if you come all this way and are only going to do it once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I am in the middle of trying to decide about a cruise for later this year. I have a Caribbean cruise booked for December but not sure I want to do the Caribbean again. 

I am looking at 2 other options. Melissa, I am looking at a 2 week cruise starting in Auckland ending in Melbourne. I have never been to your part of the world before. I know it is supposed to be awesome! I also know it is a long, long flight.

And my other option is a 14 night TA CROSSING from Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale. Much shorter flight. But of course 2 totally different type of cruises.

Both Australia and New Zealand are amazing and even though the flight is a killer, it is worth it!  I loved Auckland and Melbourne is amazing  as well, my vote would be for this cruise!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi Sherri, I figured you would vote for that one🙂

It also has to do with the $$$. I will know next week if I can get a lower single supplement on it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, I figured you would vote for that one🙂

It also has to do with the $$$. I will know next week if I can get a lower single supplement on it. 

Price does make a difference😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Melody - wish the daughter good luck with the surgery!!

Sherri - I'm really upset to hear about the money issues you dad is in.  Someone taking advantage of an elder is really nasty.  I hope there was some paperwork on the "loan."

OOTD:  a hot and sneezy day (darn cottonwoods).  my denim shorts and a Pact organic cotton tank top.  

• Like 1

Sherri, Is there someone looking after your dad's finances now? Sorry to hear your dad was taken advantage of.

Next month, I have back to back trips. I'll be in Cape Cod for a week and the following week, I'm going on a Canada/NE cruise.  No more trips until December.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WELDON said:

Sherri, Is there someone looking after your dad's finances now? Sorry to hear your dad was taken advantage of.

Next month, I have back to back trips. I'll be in Cape Cod for a week and the following week, I'm going on a Canada/NE cruise.  No more trips until December.

Hi Janet, both trips sound really fun😀hope you have a great time.

I got a new tote bag today at Nordstrom Rack😀It is going with me on the girls trip. And best of all, I had a gift card so it was it didn't cost me anything!😀 It is a LeSportsac  bag, which I happen to really LOVE. Strong nylon that is very lightweight. It should be perfect. It zips across the top and it will hold quite a bit so my carry won't be extra heavy.

• Like 3

Karin had been given the ok to go to Hawaii!!  She has a waterproof brace & a waterproof knee cover. Doc said her incision is healing much better than expected. She can’t swim but we’ll stand in the water. Les & I leave Thursday for Vegas & on to Hawaii on Friday. Everyone else is on a flight Friday.  Melody. 

• Like 4

On 6/8/2024 at 3:36 PM, slidergirl said:

Melody - wish the daughter good luck with the surgery!!

Sherri - I'm really upset to hear about the money issues you dad is in.  Someone taking advantage of an elder is really nasty.  I hope there was some paperwork on the "loan."

OOTD:  a hot and sneezy day (darn cottonwoods).  my denim shorts and a Pact organic cotton tank top.  

It was not any type of loan, Kat.  He wrote her a check from a money market type account whenever she needed something.  My parents both gave her money whenever she needed it.  According to my brother, his account is almost completely wiped out but, fortunately, he gets a monthly pension so he is not destitute.

Sherri🙂

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Karin had been given the ok to go to Hawaii!!  She has a waterproof brace & a waterproof knee cover. Doc said her incision is healing much better than expected. She can’t swim but we’ll stand in the water. Les & I leave Thursday for Vegas & on to Hawaii on Friday. Everyone else is on a flight Friday.  Melody. 

Well, that is good news for your family! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 3:54 PM, WELDON said:

Yes, my oldest brother is now a co-signer on the account.  Dad is not happy about that!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Yes, my oldest brother is now a co-signer on the account.  Dad is not happy about that!😂

Sherri🙂

Sherri, does your Dad realize what she did?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Melody, that is great news! Where are you staying in Vegas?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Sherri, does your Dad realize what she did?

Yes and no.  She would go to him requesting money for attorney fees, court fees, etc for a legal case she was involved in.  He would write a check on his account, many checks were for $1500 and up.  What I don’t think he realized is often this happened and how much it was adding up to. I think many times, he does not even remember doing it. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Sherri, I hope someone in the family sits get down & lets her know how she screwed her grandpa. 

Well, she has nothing to do with the rest of us.  Won’t answer her phone for a call or text.  I am hoping she comes to my Dad’s 90 birthday party as I am sure we all will have something to say.😂

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Melody, that is great news! Where are you staying in Vegas?

MGM first time. Free with our Celebrity status!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Yes and no.  She would go to him requesting money for attorney fees, court fees, etc for a legal case she was involved in.  He would write a check on his account, many checks were for $1500 and up.  What I don’t think he realized is often this happened and how much it was adding up to. I think many times, he does not even remember doing it. 

Sherri🙂

That’s elder abuse

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, awhfy said:

MGM first time. Free with our Celebrity status!

Oh neat! And do you fly to Hawaii from there? Or you fly to California and then on to Hawaii? And how is Les feeling?