for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Lois - great photos from Yellowstone/Grand Teton.  It really is one of my favorite places.

Later this afternoon, I've got my 6-month checkup with my endocrinology NP.  It should be good.  My problem is with the urine test, always is.  I think I have "shy bladder" when it comes to producing "on demand."  I do all the tricks my athletes did at races when they were picked for the end-of-race testing.  Water, coffee.  I'd love to add beer to that, but I have to drive 😸   Since I'll be down in the Valley, I'll make a TJ's run.  I hope they still have the tub of cheese that is the insides of burrata, minus the outside of the burrata.  It worked really well as a "dip" for my cantelope chunks.  I'll probably pick up more of the sous vide chicken thighs - they were very good.  

OOTD:  denim shorts and sleeveless, but ruffled, Vneck Tshirt (from Sundance catalog).  White leather high tops.  It's going to be 90+ down in the Valley today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cool cocktail!  What is is made from?  

Hi Kaf, it is  a gin base but I honestly cannot remember the other ingredients. It was delicious though🙂

Today is Tuesday and we went on a trip down the Snake River. It was like a big raft but had individual seats and it was about a 2 hour ride and we had a great guide!. I will post some pictures.

• Like 2

Lois - rafting on the Snake is fun!  Did you do the big rapids in the canyon or the fast water through the fields?  My small workgroup way back in the 90s would do rafting trips up there.  Some owned their own rigs and we'd do the rafts and some would kayak.  Great access for anyone who wants to do a raft trip on a river.  Did you see any eagles on the trip?  Gosh, you have a great week for this trip!!

My endocrinology visit was successful.  My A1C got lower.  My morning glucose readings were all in the low end of the desired rates.  Well, all but 1 and I knew that one would pop high.  About all I can do to lower the A1C more now is to force myself to eat more proteins and get out and do more exercise.  But, she was happy with how it's going.  My weight fortunately seems to have plateau'd.  I can't afford to buy more clothes if it went lower.    And, the urine test was successful!  I will remember cranberry juice next time, though.   I just remember my poor athletes taking up to an hour to produce the sample for the drug testing people after the races - we'd have to hold all the awards ceremonies (including the Olympics) until they were done.  Maybe that is stuck in my brain...

Trader Joe's update:  The Horchata Ice Cream and the Root Beer Float popcicles were back!!   I ended up having a small "holy cr$p" moment at the end.  Before I left the house, I noticed that my fridge was pretty empty and I needed a refill on my condiments and pantry basics since I'm cooking more at home.  So, I bought more things than usual, but they'll last awhile.  Other than the 2 things at the top, nothing new sparked anything for me.  But, it's the beginning of the month so the summer specials haven't shown up yet.  

• Like 1