for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi, nothing major happened in my neighborhood (thankfully). It has been raining most of the day. There are places around town that flooded......they typically do when we get a lot of rain. 

So, Simone won a silver medal this morning....she is just so awesome and Suni Lee won a bronze. And congrats to the gal from Brasil who won the gold.

Did any of you watch the 100 meter dash last night? OMG.....IT was a photo finish!

Melody, at her last press conference Simone actually said she would not rule out LA in 2028!....and nothing about a baby. But she never said she was retiring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, nothing major happened in my neighborhood (thankfully). It has been raining most of the day. There are places around town that flooded......they typically do when we get a lot of rain. 

So, Simone won a silver medal this morning....she is just so awesome and Suni Lee won a bronze. And congrats to the gal from Brasil who won the gold.

Did any of you watch the 100 meter dash last night? OMG.....IT was a photo finish!

Melody, at her last press conference Simone actually said she would not rule out LA in 2028!....and nothing about a baby. But she never said she was retiring.

I wondered what Jacksonville was getting as it looked like Debby would turn some as she came into the state and might have more of an impact for Jacksonville.  Glad you had no problems, Lois!

The gymnast from Brazil was amazing in her floor routine and really deserved the gold.  I thought Simone was very good as well.

Hope you are feeling better, Kat!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi Sherri, it looks like one of those Noreasters......overcast and rain on and off all day since early this morning. I know other parts of town got hit much harder than I did.

• Like 1

Hi Ladies, I came back from a Canada/NE cruise yesterday. Overall, the cruise was nice, good weather and for me, some new things to see. Halifax was cloudy and rain in the afternoon. Sydney, NS, Charlottetown, PEI and Portland, ME were very warm and sunny, Temps were in the mid-upper 80s. I don't usually sail Princess so some things were different than I'm used to. Princess uses a Medallion that has all your info on it similar to a sea pass card. Most cruisers get their Medallion when boarding the ship. It is about the size of a quarter and on a lanyard. It is very lightweight. Some passengers ordered a wrist strap with the Medallion in the center. Here are my thoughts on the good and not so good things.

Good - Easiest and fastest check in ever. One strange thing boarding the ship, you went down the gangway instead of up. Good live music and party band in the Piazza. Automatic lights when entering the cabin and also a sensor on the bottom of the night stands so when you are close, the lights go on. No harsh light in the middle of the night. Cabin was in its own space with a separate large dressing area and closet. Good food in MDR and buffet. Buffet had 3 separate areas, all with food and seating so there was never a wait for a seat. 

Not so good - Tiny shower and small bathroom. I am not a large person and I had trouble turning around in the shower. I would rather have had less room in the dressing area/closet and more in the bathroom. Small elevators and at times long waits. I didn't care for some of the entertainment in the theater. Small theater and at some of the shows, people were sitting on the stairs.

My only comparisons are Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. 

• Like 2

We finally had some rain yesterday, 3.92” in under an hour!  Flash flooding all around us. We’re fortunate that we have a flood runoff just south of us. I’d rather have 2 days of gentle rain!  Monsoon season is here!!  

loving the track & field events!  Fabulous men’s 100!!  They’ll be showing that finish for years!!!!!

school starts here next week 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

We finally had some rain yesterday, 3.92” in under an hour!  Flash flooding all around us. We’re fortunate that we have a flood runoff just south of us. I’d rather have 2 days of gentle rain!  Monsoon season is here!!  

loving the track & field events!  Fabulous men’s 100!!  They’ll be showing that finish for years!!!!!

school starts here next week 

We had lots of thunder all day, but just a spit of rain.  Excessive heat warning again today...

Lois - thank goodness it was just a lot of rain for you.  My relatives in Charleston and Beaufort are all tucked in and waiting for Debby.

That was an awesome 100m!   Then, did you see men's pole vault???  A little over 20 ft!!!  2 stories!!  

I started feeling better yesterday.  Not totally, but I can at least stand without getting dizzy.  I did wake up a couple of times overnight and I saw the room spin a little.  I did a little self-Eppley on the bed and it does help.  

• Like 2

Hi girls, Kat, hope you are feeling all better.

Melody, how is your shoulder? And how is Les?

Not sure if any of you follow basketball but our Women's team beat Australia today by 30 points!!!! We play for the Gold medal on Sunday.

And our guys beat Serbia yesterday......we came back from being down by 17 points!!! Wd play France tomorrow for the gold.

This is the last week of the Olympics. It seems to have gone by pretty fast.

• Like 1

Lois, my shoulder is doing great. Tuesday is a dental implant, sigh. Les is still having issues with the eyes, another retina appointment on 19th. His ear is progressing well. Thanks for asking. 

We’ve been actively watching the Olympics. Great job for the gals 4x100 relay, impressive performance. The men’s 4x100 relay was terrible, looked liked they’d never had one practice. The 4x400 relay with the 16 year old, I was so impressed with the older guy in second leg that consoled the youngster on his performance…great sportsmanship & teamwork.  Feels like the games just started. Melody

Hi Melody, I agree....that men's relay looked awful!!!!

I wonder how today's will go. This afternoon is the 4 x 400.......both men and women. You have to wonder how the guys will do in this one.

And it does seem like these games have really gone fast.

Hope your dental stuff goes ok.

That soccer match was hard to watch.  Brazil had a firm grip on the ball and the US just looked tired.  They thankfully came alive in the 2nd.  

The kid in the 4x400 relay just finished his sophomore year in HS!  I had read about him in the DC/VA section of the Washington Post earlier this summer.  He should improve and improve as his gets older and matures.  It'll be fun to watch him.

Not sure what was going on with the Men's BB team.  I think it's just the rest of the world has absolutely caught up to them.  The game against France should be a barnburner.  France has it's share of NBA All Stars, too.

I'm finally feeling "normal" again.  It was a bi@ch of a week and so.  I'm starting to think it was an inner ear infection, the whole right side of my head and ear have felt "stuck up" and I still have what I call "white noise" in my ear.   I've got an appt with my NP this week so I'll ask about it. 

I'm heading down the hill today - the fridge is empty and TJ's is calling...  

OOTD:  my light brown sleeveless tank maxi dress and my white high tops.   Tired of wearing my denim shorts.

• Like 1

Hey Kat, the men and women both won their 4 x 400 relays! And the gals looked awesome😃

I am watching the hoops....France will have a home court advantage but I think we have a good chance to win as well.

Oh, glad you are feeling better.

The high school boy was swapped out for another runner in the final. The second & 4th leg won it for the guys (first leg almost screwed its up). The women’s 4x400 was picture perfect. That was our daughter’s event 400 hurdles & 4x400 college All American 

Glad you are all enjoying the Olympics .

Im pleased you are feeling better Kat ,vertigo is awful .

It feels odd not having a holiday to look forward to, but Ive been working at the shop and it was busy today which is good as things have been very quiet in the shop,alot of shops are struggling over here at the moment as well as businesses

• Like 1

Anyone else watch the women's basketball game this morning.?........it gets a BIG WOW from me!

France played a helluva game that is for sure. But we got the gold (again)😃 This afternoon is the Closing  Ceremony........the past 2 weeks really did go fast.

• Like 1

Both BB games were exciting.  The World has caught up to us!   I have to say - in the men's game, the last 3-pointer Steph Curry put up put me on the floor!!  Off of one leg, falling away.  Woah!

It's still good that the kid got his Olympic experience, even if it was the prelims.  I couldn't fathom keeping my composure at that young, on the world stage with the best in the world.  He still gets a medal since he did the prelims.  Now he can go home and get his drivers license. 

I did my TJ's run yesterday.  Got a lot of my staples and a few fun things.  Mango Cream popcicles.  Those and the Root Beer ones are a nice cool off when it's 80 degrees in the house.  They had fresh figs so I had to grab some - the season for figs is so short.  

OOTD:  light joggers and a Tshirt.  Settling in to watch the end of the Olympics!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Both BB games were exciting.  The World has caught up to us!   I have to say - in the men's game, the last 3-pointer Steph Curry put up put me on the floor!!  Off of one leg, falling away.  Woah!

It's still good that the kid got his Olympic experience, even if it was the prelims.  I couldn't fathom keeping my composure at that young, on the world stage with the best in the world.  He still gets a medal since he did the prelims.  Now he can go home and get his drivers license. 

I did my TJ's run yesterday.  Got a lot of my staples and a few fun things.  Mango Cream popcicles.  Those and the Root Beer ones are a nice cool off when it's 80 degrees in the house.  They had fresh figs so I had to grab some - the season for figs is so short.  

OOTD:  light joggers and a Tshirt.  Settling in to watch the end of the Olympics!  

I had some fresh figs that were going soft so I made fig jam squares…so good!  It was cool yesterday morning so I baked

i, too, am glad the youngster got the experience of an Olympic experience, youngest ever American guy in track.  Steph Curry was phenomenal!  

• Like 1

Getting packed for our 22 night cruise plus 3 days before in Amsterdam.  It is interesting packing for this as I think we potentially could experience everything temperature wise🤣.  I think I have everything packed except toiletries and I will do those Thursday morning, my husband hasn’t even thought about packing yet.  He probably will pack Wednesday evening which means he will forget a few things.  We are such opposites with packing, I take too many clothes, he never takes enough🙄

Glad you are feeling better, Kat!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Getting packed for our 22 night cruise plus 3 days before in Amsterdam.  It is interesting packing for this as I think we potentially could experience everything temperature wise🤣.  I think I have everything packed except toiletries and I will do those Thursday morning, my husband hasn’t even thought about packing yet.  He probably will pack Wednesday evening which means he will forget a few things.  We are such opposites with packing, I take too many clothes, he never takes enough🙄

Glad you are feeling better, Kat!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, what ship are yall sailing? And 3 days in Amsterdam sounds great! Have you been there before? Where are you staying? Hope you have a great time😀

55 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, what ship are yall sailing? And 3 days in Amsterdam sounds great! Have you been there before? Where are you staying? Hope you have a great time😀

Thanks, Lois!  We are sailing on Serenade of the Seas, this is the last leg of the World Cruise that has been sailing since December.  We will be going to Iceland, Greenland, Canada, New York, Bermuda and disembarking in Miami. We’ve been to Amsterdam several times, one of my favorite cities.  I am especially excited to finally get to visit the Anne Frank Museum.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Getting packed for our 22 night cruise plus 3 days before in Amsterdam.  It is interesting packing for this as I think we potentially could experience everything temperature wise🤣.  

I had to do this type of packing earlier this year during a Fort Lauderdale-San Francisco cruise in Jan/Feb, where I left from Toronto (with negative temps), then up to 30C+ in Aruba/Panama, then cool (~10C) and rainy in SF. 

Layers are your friends. 

Luckily, I was able to leave my big winter coat in the car, and my partner brought it back when they came to pick me up on my return. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Thanks, Lois!  We are sailing on Serenade of the Seas, this is the last leg of the World Cruise that has been sailing since December.  We will be going to Iceland, Greenland, Canada, New York, Bermuda and disembarking in Miami. We’ve been to Amsterdam several times, one of my favorite cities.  I am especially excited to finally get to visit the Anne Frank Museum.

Sherri🙂

I have a friend from CO that is on that world tour, she been posting amazing pictures