Deposit Refund

Lyndihop

21 minutes ago, Aloha3 said:

Send an inquiry through your Mariners Profile. Ours was issued but not showing.

That is actually what I was thinking of doing.  I’d like something in writing.  I don’t even know if we really have it or if we can even book a cruise by December, 2020.  I guess time will tell.

Thanks for the help 🙂 

We received a pending credit today on our credit card for the March 21, 2020 Hawaii - Tahiti cruise on the Oosterdam. We will call the CC company Monday about having a cheque issued.

This payment will clear up all refunds for us. I would hope that all the others on this cruise get their refunds ASAP now that they have started to process refunds for this cruise.

The refund for the deposit on our June 28 cruise showed up on our credit card. It was dated over a week ago but wasn't there yesterday. We canceled the cruise on March 16. 

Edited by IPB4IGO

1 hour ago, IPB4IGO said:

The refund for the deposit on our June 28 cruise showed up on our credit card. It was dated over a week ago but wasn't there yesterday. We canceled the cruise on March 16. 

I noticed the same thing when I got my refund.  It was dated a week before it appeared on the credit card.  I knew it was being processed by my authorized limit on my CC.

• 3 weeks later...

In the end I decided to wait a bit longer for a refund rather than disputing the claim for our May 7 cruise to Alaska that was cancelled by HAL at the end of March. TA requested a refund on April 1. Full refund, dated June 18, was credited to our credit card today. Took about 81 days. It was a tense wait but I'm very glad to have the cash in hand. Hope others see theirs soon.

50 minutes ago, JuliaScott150 said:

In the end I decided to wait a bit longer for a refund rather than disputing the claim for our May 7 cruise to Alaska that was cancelled by HAL at the end of March. TA requested a refund on April 1. Full refund, dated June 18, was credited to our credit card today. Took about 81 days. It was a tense wait but I'm very glad to have the cash in hand. Hope others see theirs soon.

You were very lucky to get your refund. I think time is running out. Pullmantur just filed for "reorganization". I fear the bottom is starting to fall out. People would be wise to put their expected refunds in dispute with their credit card companies at this point.

Well, this Sat will be 90 days. No credit yet. Just the disputed temp credit from my CC. Ugghhh. I am more worried about my Oct Carnival cruise that's paid in full that is non-cancel-able. If bottom falls out now, there goes that money too and it is $1055 (on top of the $685 from HAL/trip insurance.

• 3 weeks later...

I had two cabins booked on Rotterdam's April 6 transatlantic sailing, which was cancelled.  On July 3, 2020 I got partial refunds to my Visa card with amounts corresponding to the final payments that were charged to my card in January.  I'm still waiting for $1200 in deposits that were charged in Sept 2019.