Deposit Refund

Lyndihop

42 minutes ago, Lyndihop said:

I’m just a little concerned if bankruptcy might be on the horizon. 

First of all, bankruptcy, if it were to happen, is a ways down the road. Second of all, the far more likely action would be "reorganization", in which case your money would be protected, although perhaps not paid immediately.

On 3/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, Lyndihop said:

I’m just a little concerned if bankruptcy might be on the horizon. 

I wouldn't worry too much right now.  They are all holding our cash right now because they are in a serious cash crisis.  The Big 3 are all leveraged and they need to cruise to make money. They are all paying short term debt and some salaries with no revenue coming in. I am optimistic they will cruise again but normal turnaround time on refunds is not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

They could at least make some acknowledgement that they received our cancellations.  

Yep very true.  Waiting myself and that fact you point out is being done poorly and fixable.  HAL owns that one and some have 5 to 15k or more out there and absolutely no paper trail from HAL.

Its a very difficult question when it comes to the Deposit. The companies are protecting themselves in case of such incidents. Deposit payments are not always too high to place a claim in case of force major. Usually those companies warn their customers about deposit refunds..but unfortunately the chances to get it back are very low. Situation like this one occurs very rarely, almost never. So this case means just being very unlucky

2 hours ago, Nymich said:

Yep very true.  Waiting myself and that fact you point out is being done poorly and fixable.  HAL owns that one and some have 5 to 15k or more out there and absolutely no paper trail from HAL.

Ah, yeah. Some of us have over $20,000 waiting... 

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Ah, yeah. Some of us have over $20,000 waiting... 

That's a lot of money to get wishy washy responses.  Any other industry would get blasted for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nymich said:

That's a lot of money to get wishy washy responses.  Any other industry would get blasted for that.

We completed 1 week of our 6 week cruise. Stopped on March 14th in San Diego.. had B2B2B cruises. We got the bev pkg, laundry, internet and dining back from only the 14th to 21st. Have not heard anything at all about our March 21st to April 18th refunds. 

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We completed 1 week of our 6 week cruise. Stopped on March 14th in San Diego.. had B2B2B cruises. We got the bev pkg, laundry, internet and dining back from only the 14th to 21st. Have not heard anything at all about our March 21st to April 18th refunds. 

I was to be on the same cruise.  I wish we could have met each other.

I have had an email from HAL regarding my refund (cancelled March 8).  I generated the e so it was a response.  I was told 10-14 days, we are now at day 17.  Others who were cruising with us had their refunds within 4 days of cancelling.  We have another cruise booked that we will more then likely cancel - that refund could take 60 days (word from our TA).

Refunds seem to be coming in a rather sporadic pattern.  I received my cruise refund (50 percent back to my credit card - 50 percent FCC) withing 24 hours of my cancellation which was about two weeks ago.  I also received credit back to my credit card  for three cancelled shore excursions at the same time.  I am still waiting on my credit for my last shore excursion (we booked four).  All my excursions were acknowledged in separate emails as cancelled.  I have not yet received the  email explaining how everything was broken down regarding refunds. 

I was on the phone with my Big Box TA (actually got an agent after 1/2 hour!) this morning to unravel the mess our cruises are in this year, and she said don't expect a refund for 60 to 90 days!    She said things are overwhelming at HAL now.

Karen

I canceled a cruise in October (regular cancellation, not due the virus or possible actual cruise cancellation).  My TA said it's been applied to my Mariner's account as a future cruise deposit.  Where can I find that info on the HAL site?

we were told 7-10 business days last week for our cruise that was canceled 30 minutes after our flight to San Diego took off. 😡 Today is working day 6 and we haven't seen anything yet. 

Edited by TN Fem

18 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I canceled a cruise in October (regular cancellation, not due the virus or possible actual cruise cancellation).  My TA said it's been applied to my Mariner's account as a future cruise deposit.  Where can I find that info on the HAL site?

You have to call the Mariner Society and they will tell you.  Also, there may be a deadline for when it has to be used.

Karen

On 3/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, Lyndihop said:

Is anyone else having issues with HAL crediting back their deposit?

We cancelled ours a little over a week ago.  NOTHING YET.

In the past it has been posted to our credit card in less than 48hrs

My Wife and I canceled our Alaska july cruise  2days ago and was told it would take at

least 14days to refund  deposit to our bank because they are back logged.