Smile - great cruise!

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

my Costa room steward told me he has to clean 20 rooms that to twice a day I wonder how he gets time to make towel animals.

We cruised on Adventure last spring. We had a first time cruiser with us (our son's fiancé) in the cabin next to ours and she really loved the towel animals. We asked the room steward if he would make towel animals for her every night. He told us they were not allowed to make them every night, only every other night. We just got off Freedom this week and we only had towel animals every other night.

30 minutes ago, work2cruis said:

Pat-

I will tell her. Still have my beard but VA made me stay home for two weeks due to the cruise.

Chris

Sorry you had to stay home, but understand.  Wisconsin had me monitor myself and not to go out unless necessary, but I am retired.  I think individual businesses have their own rules. Actually everything is closed anyway; schools, restaurants, bars, beauty shops, etc.  Went grocery shopping yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Store suggested elderly shop early when store just opened as they were super cleaning overnight. Plenty of everything and people not hoarding (although store had limits) and trying to help one another. 

Cruise seems a long time ago - don’t like cooking for myself and no one making my bed, cleaning bathroom, etc.  

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 4:37 PM, pstone1 said:

We were also on Serenade and had Gabriel on Deck 10.  He was amazing and a very talented towel animal creator!   Hopefully, the photos post!  He made us the legs too (we were also startled when we arrived back to the cabin and then also had a good laugh.  My favorite was the goat, but also loved the giraffe and armadillo!  😍.  

A3C9EEB2-59FE-4FC0-B901-970527F87EE6.jpeg

B21C2857-07ED-4671-B6DA-B015BC803AFB.jpeg

Love them!

I was quite naughty on my last cruise. On the day of the towel rabbit, I folded several origami paper rabbits and placed them around it - leaving a note saying that the rabbit had babies and I was out looking for the "babies' daddy", adding "crew worker?". The monkey hanging from the ceiling, I hand wrote a sign saying "the floor is lava". On one of the other animals, I rolled up a tube of paper to make it look like a cigarette and put it in the animal's mouth. And (*sensibility warning*)..... the last day, I used the same "cigarette", put it in the kangaroo's nose, bent it forward, and then took the frilly paper cover from the bathroom glass, inverted it, put a small mound of baby powder in it, and moved it under the paper "straw". The room steward literally could not stop laughing, which made me unable to stop laughing. His name was Cornelius (the steward, not the kangaroo) and was one of the best I had on any cruise. Of course, Just before I left, I told him not to send me any more rehab animals if I were to cruise with him again.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:43 PM, Judyrem said:

OMG, I love it and my granddaughter would ADORE it.

I like the creativity of the crew very much. Last time we were in Cancun and we saw a Swan, a Heart and a little man made of towels. Wish I had a photo to show you guys. My wife keeps it all on her phone. Apparently, due to the fact that its reading a menu, its a straight commercial of their restaurant. Was food any good ther ? Or it was a bar card?