P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Anything else?. Are you  happy with trains?

I'm not ..  I’ve been trying to buy a train ticket online for over an hour now and I'm getting really annoyed .

It keeps asking me, 'Where do you want to go?'
So I click on the icon that says 'Home' 🏠  and then it makes me start all over again ! :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

( or just say you don't understand and ignore them and risk infecting other folks)

I don’t think anyone has said that at all. The question being, esprit's son who lives with them regarding quarantine. You are twisting words to suit your own argument. We all know what we have to do to keep safe, it's  basic commonsense, but  if you want to see people who are actually doing as you've stated, just  look at the hooligans rampaging over  beaches and through  towns. They are the ones that don't care.

Avril 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm not ..  I’ve been trying to buy a train ticket online for over an hour now and I'm getting really annoyed .

So I click on the icon that says 'Home' 🏠  and then it makes me start all over again ! :classic_rolleyes:

The advice on Satnav says don't put home as the car thieves will know where you live. We live in number 56, so I put home as number 54. We don't like them.😁

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The advice on Satnav says don't put home as the car thieves will know where you live. We live in number 56, so I put home as number 54. We don't like them.😁

no wander i  frighten the neighbours when i walk in i live at 56 and keep walking into 54

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don’t think anyone has said that at all. The question being, esprit's son who lives with them regarding quarantine. You are twisting words to suit your own argument. We all know what we have to do to keep safe, it's  basic commonsense, but  if you want to see people who are actually doing as you've stated, just  look at the hooligans rampaging over  beaches and through  towns. They are the ones that don't care.

Avril 

But the rules are clear stay away from others, if in one house you stay in one room without contact with others. If anyone else in the house shows symptoms they have to self isolate as well.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Not one of mine Annie I was innocent :classic_smile: (for once :classic_rolleyes:)

Did anyone else find it really hot trying to sleep last night ?

I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to have a play on my drums...
I also learnt that my neighbour has Tourettes ! :classic_unsure:

It was hotter here at midnight than it was at midday-definitely cooler today

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I once bought a Bonnie Tyler voice satnav.

It was rubbish. Kept telling me to turn around, and every now and then it fell apart.

and my Mrs has broke her sat nav ,she wants me to buy her a new one .... She can get lost :classic_unsure:

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

I once bought a Bonnie Tyler voice satnav.

It was rubbish. Kept telling me to turn around, and every now and then it fell apart.

and my Mrs has broke her sat nav ,she wants me to buy her a new one .... She can get lost :classic_unsure:

We have Gary on ours. When we get to number 54 he asks if we're Back for good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kalos said:

Reminds me of something I once read about a young man trying to sort a problem with his mum's computer over the phone. 

"OK mum, now right click "

"Nothing's happened "

"Are you sure you've done exactly what I said? "

" Yes, I've written click twice to make sure but it still won't work" 😂😂😂

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have Gary on ours. When we get to number 54 he asks if we're Back for good.

Your lucky the Fleetwood Mac sat nav is useless ,it just keeps saying  "You Can Go Your Own Way" :classic_wacko:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Reminds me of something I once read about a young man trying to sort a problem with his mum's computer over the phone. 

"Nothing's happened "

Avril 

I remember DW giving me the phone. Her dear old mum had left a voicemail. Steve, Steve! Some woman is saying that they aren't in. she said she can take a message. Hang on a minute luv.

Bless her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

"Nothing's happened "

Avril 

I think I told you about the double glazing guy who phoned me up asking would like some new ones .

He got a bit flustered when I told him I was thinking of getting 98 of them .

He put the phone down when he asked me "what sort I would like" and I said "Microsoft" :classic_smile:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

AnnieC - you are correct, and I was wrong. 

Unbelievably  you can travel from a place with a high CV19  rate, stay in a house with family members, potentially infect these family members, who will be continuing their normal lives, thus potentially infecting hundreds of others.

Sheer nincompoopery! 

Isn't the term self isolating sufficiently succinct for you wowzz?  I take that to mean that you ensure you keep apart from other non isolating family members, so that you don't  spread the infection. 

Simples?

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Isn't the term self isolating sufficiently succinct for you wowzz?  I take that to mean that you ensure you keep apart from other non isolating family members, so that you don't  spread the infection. 

Simples?

That's not what the government advice says. It makes no mention of keeping apart from other family members ! But I agree with you

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

AnnieC - you are correct, and I was wrong. 

Unbelievably  you can travel from a place with a high CV19  rate, stay in a house with family members, potentially infect these family members, who will be continuing their normal lives, thus potentially infecting hundreds of others.

Sheer nincompoopery! 

Thank you, and I'm so pleased you got a chance to use the wonderful word 'nincompoopery" again.😄

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thinking about the confusion here, don’t suppose anyone remembers ‘Professor’ Stanley Unwin, do they?

For some reason I’m reminded of him........

I'll be the first to admit that I do remember him.😉

Another day, another job application rejection for me (I've stopped counting now so don't know how many that is). It was a Civil Service position and at least they have the courtesy to inform you that you have been unsuccessful. They also gave some extra information stating that there had been 6000 (yes - six thousand) applicants 🤯

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Another day, another job application rejection for me (I've stopped counting now so don't know how many that is). It was a Civil Service position and at least they have the courtesy to inform you that you have been unsuccessful. They also gave some extra information stating that there had been 6000 (yes - six thousand) applicants 🤯

So sorry, Damian - I feel so much for those of working age, often with mortgages and children.

The very best of luck with your search. They were daft to reject you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Very sorry to hear that, Damian.  I know you’ll keep on until you’re successful. Only a small consolation to know that there were so many applicants, but it should at least help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

So sorry, Damian - I feel so much for those of working age, often with mortgages and children.

The very best of luck with your search. They were daft to reject you.

Thanks Annie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Very sorry to hear that, Damian.  I know you’ll keep on until you’re successful. Only a small consolation to know that there were so many applicants, but it should at least help.

Thanks Harry

When I picked family up at Lamezia on Tuesday,army at terminal doors,only passengers and staff allowed in or out of building.Online gov.UK form and Calabria regional online form before entry allowed at passport control.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Sorry to hear that Damian, maybe now is the time to apply for anything and everything providing it gives a living wage.

Also keep looking for your qualified job ,never give up.

Things are hard with the recession and there are airline pilots working as delivery drivers until they get back into 

their ideal jobs again .

One day you will get the job you desire ,never give up and good luck for the next application .:classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1