P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 hours ago, ann141 said:

Thank you for your suggestions 🙂 

If you would like to vary your return journey turn right in Pickering instead of continuing on to Malton, 

Then travel via Heimsley and Thirsk, you can then join the A1 to return south and join the M1

Between Helmsley and Thirsk you will pass Sutton Bank, one of the finest lookout points in Yorkshire.

There is a National Park visitor centre with Car park and Cafe.

The walk along the edge of Sutton Bank is spectacular and very easy going.

You can also see Gliders taking off and landing, further along is the White Horse.

The Bank is like a inland cliff were the moors fall away into the vale of York.

On a clear day you can see a great view of the Dales across the Vale, not to missed.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bloodaxe said:

If you would like to vary your return journey turn right in Pickering instead of continuing on to Malton, 

Then travel via Heimsley and Thirsk, you can then join the A1 to return south and join the M1

Between Helmsley and Thirsk you will pass Sutton Bank, one of the finest lookout points in Yorkshire.

You can also see Gliders taking off and landing, further along in the Wife Horse.

On a clear day you can see a great view of the Dales across the Vale, not to missed.

Thank you.I better book 2 weeks!!

• Like 1

I had a cruise booked with CMV for next year, so I had to claim the balance back from the credit card company.

I did this on July 21, by completing an online form and attaching supporting documents to the form. The card is with M&S Bank, and the info on the web site said to allow 60 days. I hadn't heard anything from them, so I was surprised and pleased to check my credit card statement a few minutes ago and find that my account had been credited on 30th July.  That's another thing resolved. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Sutton Bank, one of the finest lookout points in Yorkshire.

23 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Thank you.I better book 2 weeks!!

We have done this run many times and on a clear day you may very well be tempted to spend two weeks looking at 

the stunning view especially if the gliders are out flying .:classic_smile:

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

You can also see Gliders taking off and landing, further along is the White Horse.

Also worth a short detour from Helmsley to visit Rievaulx Abbey. Plus on the road Bloodaxe suggested, there's a rather nice farm shop and tea room, Beadlam Grange, a couple of miles (on the left hand side) before you get to Helmsley on the road from Pickering. 

If you wanted a longer run one day, and you're interested in gardening, RHS Harlow Carr, with a Betty's on site, is well worth a visit. Nice little garden centre there as well.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

We have done this run many times and on a clear day you may very well be tempted to spend two weeks looking at 

5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Also worth a short detour from Helmsley to visit Rievaulx Abbey. Plus on the road Bloodaxe suggested, there's a rather nice farm shop and tea room, Beadlam Grange, a couple of miles (on the left hand side) before you get to Helmsley on the road from Pickering. 

If you wanted a longer run one day, and you're interested in gardening, RHS Harlow Carr, with a Betty's on site, is well worth a visit. Nice little garden centre there as well.

Thank you.I won't have time to go on any cruises!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, kalos said:

Stunning. Yorkshire, God's own country.  What more proof do you  need. 

Avril

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I had a cruise booked with CMV for next year, so I had to claim the balance back from the credit card company.

I did this on July 21, by completing an online form and attaching supporting documents to the form. The card is with M&S Bank, and the info on the web site said to allow 60 days. I hadn't heard anything from them, so I was surprised and pleased to check my credit card statement a few minutes ago and find that my account had been credited on 30th July.  That's another thing resolved. 

Great news.

• Like 1

Well this was my day... 

Went to the drive through covid test centre to get checked out, not a pleasant experience... 

Fingers crossed for the result. 

I'm OK, just been getting hot, fever like flushes. 

Could just be the 'Manopause'... 

Normally would have been a Lemsip and soldier on, but you have to consider others more these days. 

Hope you lot are OK? 

Andy 

Screenshot_20200825_123402.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well this was my day... 

Went to the drive through covid test centre to get checked out, not a pleasant experience... 

Normally would have been a Lemsip and soldier on, but you have to consider others more these days. 

Hope you lot are OK? 

Andy 

Hope the result is ok, Andy. Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hope you lot are OK? 

Get well soon matey .:classic_smile:

Lock yourself away in the spare bedroom with a man survival kit .

TV/Beers/Crisp /Pop/Lemsip etc

Oh and keep well away from Michelle who I hope is well and will be OK. :classic_smile:

• Like 3

Just now, kalos said:

Get well soon matey .:classic_smile:

Lock yourself away in the spare bedroom with a man survival kit .

TV/Beers/Crisp /Pop/Lemsip etc

Oh and keep well away from Michelle who I hope is well and will be OK. :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos. 

That's about what I am doing, Michelle pops in occasionally with her hazmat suit on to bring me supplies... 

We are both fine, just didn't want to take any chances. 

Andy 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Things seem to be improving

This was my lunch!

9C8F11FB-0F68-4BD0-A65D-03F38E486A6E.jpeg

I hope you enjoyed it. It looks delicious. My mouthwatering repaste was a toasted  fruit teacake and a yoghurt. I'd much rather have had yours😋

Avril

Our Côte reopened yesterday, so we thought we’d better support.  Weather started off wild & windy but then mellowed down to sun and brisk breeze.  We ate outside

Restaurant was busy - people have missed their pampering & treats

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well this was my day... 

Hope you lot are OK? 

Andy 

28 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well this was my day... 

Hope you lot are OK? 

Andy 

Sorry you're not feeling too good Andy. You did the right thing getting tested straightaway, you can't be too careful nowadays. I hope Michelle stays well. Look after yourself and take kalsos's pampering advice, I'm sure it works, he's an authority on pamper😊 

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thanks Kalos. 

That's about what I am doing, Michelle pops in occasionally with her hazmat suit on to bring me supplies... 

We are both fine, just didn't want to take any chances. 

Andy 

Here Andy you can borrow my Now That's Wot I Call Being Sick record collection :classic_unsure: :classic_smile:

Hot stuff  ..Donna Summer 
 Fever ....Peggy Lee
 Make you sweat... Bob Marley 
 Night Fever ... Bee Gees 
Somebody Get Me a Doctor... Van Halen
The Fever...... Bruce Springsteen
Make it Go Away ...Sheryl Crow
All By Myself.... Eric Carmen 
Don't Stand so close to me ... The Police 
Are you Lonesome Tonight... Elvis Presley                            Enjoy !  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well this was my day... 

Hope you lot are OK? 

Andy 

I do hope that the Covid test is negative.Take Care

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Opps done that wrong , hope it all goes well for you Andy and nothing to worry about , I have got to go through that on Monday for my operation on Thursday which I’m not looking forward to 

take care Sandra 

I hope all goes well with your op.My sister had a covid test before her op last week and she said it was fine.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well this was my day... 

Hope you lot are OK? 

Andy 

Hope your test is negative Andy.

Graham.

• Like 2