P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Made it to a beach!( Formby) and also saw some red squirrels at the nature reserve. Only negative is that the reason I am here is because my Mum is in hospital so I am here for a few days so that I can visit her.Brilliant sunshine

P1020424.JPG

P1020442.JPG

Nice photos.

Hope your mam is okay.

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hope your cute dog is well now and you can start your holiday.

I hope Selbourne is okay too as I thought after all our support he would continue to post.

I've kept looking for his posts too. I hope he reconsiders. Mercury must be relaxing and having a nice break. He's conspicuous by his abscence too.

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I didn't realise it was you, honestly. The last time you posted a photo you were modelling a face mask and you weren't as slim. Must be the botox bro😜🤣

Sis

LOL,more like a detox.Lots of exercise and diet but loads of voddie and coke.Flying home Tuesday,looking at the news we were not too sure.We are spending a month seeing the family,as long as we are not locked down.Our SIL is having chemo at Southend hospital and our BIL is vulnerable,after a brain bleed and needs carers 3 times a day.That's in Basingstoke.We will still visit,social distancing and staying in local hotels.Our daughter and family in Sevenoaks will be ok to stay at.Bloody nightmare all this sis,but we have been very lucky reading some of the stories on here,cheers,bro.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

I hope they are both well even if they decide not to post.

Mercury did say that they would be spending some time in their second home so I don't think he'll be spending much of his time on here. 

Avril

• Thanks 1

Hi sis,just to say little Tommy had his hip op in Rome today and seems he will be ok after 30 to 60 days physio.It was worth the journey after hearing that news.Before Kalos butts in,no he's not cutting a record with 50 Cent.Cheers,bro.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Mercury did say that they would be spending some time in their second home so I don't think he'll be spending much of his time on here. 

Avril

Hopefully Mercury is okay then.

I have always posted on my mobile  phone as I can post anywhere I can get a signal.

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LOL,more like a detox.Lots of exercise and diet but loads of voddie and coke.Flying home Tuesday,looking at the news we were not too sure.We are spending a month seeing the family,as long as we are not locked down.Our SIL is having chemo at Southend hospital and our BIL is vulnerable,after a brain bleed and needs carers 3 times a day.That's in Basingstoke.We will still visit,social distancing and staying in local hotels.Our daughter and family in Sevenoaks will be ok to stay at.Bloody nightmare all this sis,but we have been very lucky reading some of the stories on here,cheers,bro.

I'm so sorry bro. I hope you can get back ok and see the family. Its at times like this that I wish I could reach out to my virtual family as words don't seem enough. This damn virus makes everything feel ten times worse. Be careful and stay safe. Keep posting and let me know how things are. x🤗

Sis

10 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi sis,just to say little Tommy had his hip op in Rome today and seems he will be ok after 30 to 60 days physio.It was worth the journey after hearing that news.Before Kalos butts in,no he's not cutting a record with 50 Cent.Cheers,bro.

Pleased Tommy's going to be ok. That's one piece of good news.  I wouldn't have said anything about cutting a record, I'm not that silly. Just let me know when he's on Pop Idol😁

Sis

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hopefully Mercury is okay then.

I have always posted on my mobile  phone as I can post anywhere I can get a signal.

He's probably chilling with a few well deserved glasses of wine. He's had a bit of a tough time since March.

Avril

7 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I've just looked up A Gentleman in Moscow and I do think it's something I'd like so I've put it on my 'to read' list, thank you for the recommendation.

I already have the Ken Follett Century Trilogy on my kindle, just haven't read any of them yet. I also have quite a few Bernard Cornwell ones to read and re-read too.

I read most things really other than sci-fi/fantasy. My problem is that I have middle-aged lady brain, I can read a book and get almost to the end before realising I've read it before 😂

I know the feeling well!  And sometimes it's just some minor fact or action which rings a bell.  I work on the theory if I'm enjoying , it can stand a second read. 

Since the repeat of Series 1 of Line of Duty, we're watching all the series again.  I can't believe how much I'd forgotten - at least watching them end to end avoids the 'Who's that again, how does he/she fit in?' questions which we invariably have after a lengthy period between each series being shown originally.  😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Hope your cute dog is well now and you can start your holiday.

I hope Selbourne is okay too as I thought after all our support he would continue to post.

Not well enough to go I'm afraid, so holidaying Chez Moi I'm afraid.  He's worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So I was hoping to tell you how lovely it was in Anglesey, but sod's law is alive and kicking.  We were packed and ready to go and at 6pm, the dog got up and yelped very loudly, then again and again.  So off to the vet next morning.  Suspected nerve entrapment, and we are going nowhere.  Sigh.  Back to the cooking and the four walls.  Wales willl have to wait. 

Wales will still be there Jean whenever you're ready

Avril

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

He's 5, a rescue from Spain.  Already been through Leishmaniasis and Heartworm 😞  Didn't expect this.

It's happens with large dogs and from the photos he looks big. Our dog had it, but she was older. The vet said that regular gentle excersise was important. You've nursed him through a lot and I'm know you'll nurse him through this. He's lucky that you found each other.

Avril 

• Like 1

This is my baby in better times,unfortunately we has to have him PTS on Monday afternoon. He was 15 and not the best of health for the last couple of months.The time was right.

I'm usually quite an upbeat type of person but today I  feel  really low and weepy. He was part of the family and losing them  is really  sad.  Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. 

LRM_EXPORT_20396079429630_20190704_100647295.JPG

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

This is my baby in better times,unfortunately we has to have him PTS on Monday afternoon. He was 15 and not the best of health for the last couple of months.The time was right.

I'm usually quite an upbeat type of person but today I  feel  really low and weepy. He was part of the family and losing them  is really  sad.  Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. 

So sorry to hear your sad news. Take Care

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Sorry to hear you had to say goodbye to a faithful friend who was a big part of your family.

Looking at the picture you can see the love in his eyes and what a happy dog.

You will never forget him ,he's always in your heart & memories .

Remember that dog had a happy life with you and you always did right by him and it's all they 

ever ask from you. That is a lovely dog and picture and I'm sure you will remember him that way.

You have every right to feel down and thank you for sharing that amazing picture with us.

You take care :classic_smile:

Kalos

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

So sorry to hear about the loss of your gorgeous boy....... No words can help, but he is now over the Rainbow Bridge with no pain and watching over you. X

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1