P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning. At last we have summer weather and my loungers are arranged on the patio. Set to last a few days according to the Michael Fishes of this world and look how wrong he was with a weather forecast. 😄

Lazy day, enjoying Sunday lunch of roast pork and all the trimmings, glass of wine and a G&T, isn't life good !

Stay safe.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Set to last a few days according to the Michael Fishes of this world and look how wrong he was with a weather forecast. 😄

Michael Fish's biggest problem seemed to be with the wind😁

No, not that wind - this wind 🌀

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m torn between spending time in the garden this afternoon or watching the tennis. I may have to resort to trying to watch tennis on my iPad in the garden, which I struggle to do without moaning about bad internet connection, or I’ll feel like I’m wasting a sunny day, decisions decisions 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry but we have forgotten something!!!!

A few months ago a couple of people mentioned  plantar wotsit (of the heel) and they mentioned things that worked for them. I think they may have been something unusual.   Can anyone remember or can the culprits kindly  let me know.   

OH is moaning, whinging  and limping and I've got earache!!🙃

Seriously though I think he is feeling pretty uncomfortable today. 

Google reflexology for plantar wotsit, or self massage for pf

On our last cruise (remember cruises?) I went to the 8am stretch etc session most days of the 35, certainly all the sea days.  Our leader, a no-nonsense Aussie, Jane, was a strong proponent of self-reflexology.  There were 3 or 4 of the regulars who had suffered (really suffered) with pf and they all said that the foot massage, with which we ended each session, had done them the world of good

I guess you could be extra kind and do it for him?  We did 3 varieties - massaging our foot, starting with each toe and its, err, next bit down, then the ball, then the arch, then the heel, strongly, with our fingertips.  Then the same with our knuckles, even more strongly.  Finally a sort of stretchy move, with thumbs together in the centre of the foot, and pressing down & stretching to the outsides of the foot - again, start just under the toes, then do it in the ball, then the arch & then the heel

I wonder if that makes sense?  Anyway, good luck.  I believe it is very painful

• Like 1

Afternoon all, lovely and sunny here as I write this although we’ve just got back from a jaunt to Broadstairs and the sun never really got through there and it was quite chilly at one point!

Our son had got us a Prezzo voucher and the Prezzo in Broadstairs is right on the seafront with a conservatory with a view. That’s the main reason we went. A nice lunch was had, shame we didn’t have more sun though. Busier than we’re used to but not too bad except the parking! Luckily we left plenty of time. Here’s me and the view from our table. 

15C8E86A-7A13-4A95-AC3A-9EAFB3171E7C.thumb.jpeg.0974084403ebc347e5ded654a46a3925.jpeg

5DDDA113-249A-48D7-8394-CA2E122EDEA9.jpeg

• Like 19

6 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry but we have forgotten something!!!!

A few months ago a couple of people mentioned  plantar wotsit (of the heel) and they mentioned things that worked for them. I think they may have been something unusual.   Can anyone remember or can the culprits kindly  let me know.   

OH is moaning, whinging  and limping and I've got earache!!🙃

Seriously though I think he is feeling pretty uncomfortable today. 

Hi, I suffered a lot two years ago. Foot insoles helped a bit but I honestly found shoes with a chunky sole  helped the best. Although I like my sketchers and they are comfortable I do find they don’t actually help the heel pain. I’ve got my chunky sole M&S sandals out the last few days and its better again. To my surprise if you google it it does say completely flat heels aren’t good for it. I now live in my ‘fit flop’ boots or M&S sandals. I also changed my flat slippers for ‘sliders’ that have a small wedge heel. 
Hope he finds some relief, it is miserable.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all, lovely and sunny here as I write this although we’ve just got back from a jaunt to Broadstairs and the sun never really got through there and it was quite chilly at one point!

Our son had got us a Prezzo voucher and the Prezzo in Broadstairs is right on the seafront with a conservatory with a view. That’s the main reason we went. A nice lunch was had, shame we didn’t have more sun though. Busier than we’re used to but not too bad except the parking! Luckily we left plenty of time. Here’s me and the view from our table. 

15C8E86A-7A13-4A95-AC3A-9EAFB3171E7C.thumb.jpeg.0974084403ebc347e5ded654a46a3925.jpeg

I love Broadstairs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

We had a late lunch in Pizza express. No vouchers, but as we were there fairly often, pre lock down we got a 25% discount. Nice to be eating out again.😂

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2

I cooked us a Stroganoff but we did indulge in a rather nice Bloody Mary in the pub garden, beforehand (I excuse it as being just a spicy, spirit-y, gazpacho, really - the perfect first course!)

Long walk first (of course).  I hate to think how many miles we’ve done in the last 14 months.

Best to keep out of the car - there’s an awful lot of traffic out there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Nice photos Sue.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Seems an age since we posted  but it was a really busy week last week so couldn't keep up with all the posts. Haven't had the chance to catch up with all of the posts we've missed but hope you are all well. I'll try to catch up over half term. Spent today walking miles and miles by the sea so we are no totally wrecked and cream crackers. All this sea air !!!! Am guessing we will be asleep by 7.30pm !!!! Zzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

A lovely day and more to follow.

A question that I am sure has been asked before, but I would like any views from this community.

Southampton hotels. I have been looking at the Southampton Harbour Hotel and been quoted £266 for bed and breakfast. Is it worth the money ? My wife being a canny Yorkshire lass thinks it is too expensive, I like the look of it so if any of you have stayed there, I would appreciate your views.

Ps Hi to Pete, Mrs Pete and Charlie. Hubby says he was chatting to you while I was posting.. ha ha. Will definitely have to meet up. Keep in touch on here :-). May be nice to meet at the bar outside some time if the weather stays so good. 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

A lovely day and more to follow.

A question that I am sure has been asked before, but I would like any views from this community.

Southampton hotels. I have been looking at the Southampton Harbour Hotel and been quoted £266 for bed and breakfast. Is it worth the money ? My wife being a canny Yorkshire lass thinks it is too expensive, I like the look of it so if any of you have stayed there, I would appreciate your views.

The Harbour Hotel is a 5 star property and the price reflects this, often confused with the Leonardo Grand Harbour Hotel which should be less expensive. There are many hotels in Southampton and it depends which terminal you are sailing from. We’ve mostly departed from City Terminal so our preferred location is the Holiday Inn on Herbert Walker Ave, or the Premier Inn West Quay mainly for location and close proximity to City Terminal and the West Quay shopping complex which now has a ‘new’ section for dining opportunities. The Leonardo Grand Harbour hotel has been renovated since Leonardo took ownership (Jurys Inn is in the same group). Newer is the Moxy Hotel which basically adjoins the Premier Inn West Quay. 

Having said that, there are various hotels to suit all tastes and budget. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

The Harbour Hotel is a 5 star property and the price reflects this, often confused with the Leonardo Grand Harbour Hotel which should be less expensive. There are many hotels in Southampton and it depends which terminal you are sailing from. We’ve mostly departed from City Terminal so our preferred location is the Holiday Inn on Herbert Walker Ave, or the Premier Inn West Quay mainly for location and close proximity to City Terminal and the West Quay shopping complex which now has a ‘new’ section for dining opportunities. The Leonardo Grand Harbour hotel has been renovated since Leonardo took ownership (Jurys Inn is in the same group). Newer is the Moxy Hotel which basically adjoins the Premier Inn West Quay. 

Having said that, there are various hotels to suit all tastes and budget. 

I wanted opinions on the Southampton Harbour Hotel. I have stayed in others.

23 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I wanted opinions on the Southampton Harbour Hotel. I have stayed in others.

We have eaten there Bob, but not stayed, but it is a beautiful hotel. 

I doubt I would ever justify paying that sort of money, but it has a fantastic reputation, so if you want to treat yourself, then go for it. 

It is the best hotel in Southampton, the only 5 star one we have, but as Pete says, there is something for everyone. 

Andy 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Ps Hi to Pete, Mrs Pete and Charlie. Hubby says he was chatting to you while I was posting.. ha ha. Will definitely have to meet up. Keep in touch on here :-). May be nice to meet at the bar outside some time if the weather stays so good. 😀

Sounds like a plan. Tuesday lunchtime will probably be quieter than tomorrow so maybe a good time for a lunchtime aperitif. Weather should still be good. Feel free to pop up anytime, you know where we are.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We decided to make the most of the bank holiday and popped back to the Lake District.

We had a coffee,Lime and soda at the Inn on the Lake on Ullswater.

We had Lunch outside at the Borrowdale hotel near Keswick.

IMG_20210530_103741.jpg

IMG_20210530_103900.jpg

IMG_20210530_104944.jpg

IMG_20210530_142207.jpg

IMG_20210530_142140.jpg

Looks a nice meal but the gravy looks very anaemic and the beef is a little too incinerated for my liking. 

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sounds like a plan. Tuesday lunchtime will probably be quieter than tomorrow so maybe a good time for a lunchtime aperitif. Weather should still be good. Feel free to pop up anytime, you know where we are.

May be worth passing mobile numbers when you're passing sometime and we can text rather than bore CC friends with our arrangements.... if you are OK with that. 

May be out and about Tuesday when it quietens down. Never seen the place so busy as this.... 

We are just to tired tonight ... all the sunshine and sea air .... zzzzzzz.

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Looks a nice meal but the gravy looks very anaemic and the beef is a little too incinerated for my liking. 

Now I like my meat incinerated so looks gorgeous to me. I always ask for meat cremated and no pink as I gave up asking for it to be well done .....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

May be worth passing mobile numbers when you're passing sometime and we can text rather than bore CC friends with our arrangements.... if you are OK with that. 

May be out and about Tuesday when it quietens down. Never seen the place so busy as this.... 

We are just to tired tonight ... all the sunshine and sea air .... zzzzzzz.

No worries. Wednesday is fine, possibly the end of the decent weather anyway. Maybe people are fascinated rather than bored, but maybe not. 🙂

• Like 1

After a misty start a lovely hot sunny day here, we sat in the garden with friends, we put on afternoon tea which went down well. It is just so nice to spend time with those we haven't seen for so long, and to get some good weather. I hope everyone has enjoyed their day as much as us and enjoying summer.

• Like 5