P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good Morning everyone.

Just having a quick catch up with you all. Been busy this morning trying to get some chores done before heading off to work this afternoon. Late shifts for me all this week, 😒so won't be home 'til nearly 11 pm although I have got Thursday off.

Glad to hear you are not feeling too sore after your accident yesterday Sarah, and nice to see you Avril.

Any flavour Magnum for me, except salted caramel!

Take care all.

• Like 3

I’m not fussy with my magnums, other than Ruby I like them all 😁

Had a nice time out with daughters & grandson, did some shopping and walked to the marina, then when we got back we heard that daughter no.1 finally has a date for getting her house! Should get keys next Thursday 19th, we’ll do some essential DIY to make stairs safe for toddler on Friday, then they’ll be able to move in on Saturday 20th. Such a relief! 😊

05676A94-7CA5-4242-8594-9689C719222A.jpeg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sad to hear you have been feeling sorry for yourself lately Avril.

Just remember you have friends on here who love you and are always ready to listen.

We all feel down at times but sometimes too proud to admit it.

Take care.

Graham x 

There's no shame in admitting to being human with all that entails. A trouble shared etc etc. If ever you feel a bit down in the dumps Graham let me know, you can borrow Kalos' boot🥾, it worked wonders for me, along with some positive thinking. My grandson once told me that if you do something every day for 3 weeks, it becomes a habit, so 20 more days to go 😉

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

There's no shame in admitting to being human with all that entails. A trouble shared etc etc. If ever you feel a bit down in the dumps Graham let me know, you can borrow Kalos' boot🥾, it worked wonders for me, along with some positive thinking. My grandson once told me that if you do something every day for 3 weeks, it becomes a habit, so 20 more days to go 😉

Avril

Just going through some photographs and I can't believe the first one was 60 years ago and the second one was 50 years ago when I was almost 15 in Jersey on holiday with my man and dad.

Where's Kalos's boot?😩

IMG_20210810_152030.jpg

IMG_20210810_145951.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Afternoon all, still relatively quiet in here. Good to hear Sarah’s had a better day and Avril’s back posting 😊

The lady and I in my team that work from home have been asked if we’d “like to” come into the office sometimes. Neither of us are keen but feel we should so I’m going to be going in every other Friday and she’s doing the same on Wednesdays. See how it goes but I’m relatively happy at home. There used to be 3 of us working from home but the third one moved to a different department. She is quite outspoken and was happy to stay at home too. I feel we’ve lost an Allie! Now there are 3 in the office when there was only one before so we’re outnumbered!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just going through some photographs and I can't believe the first one was 60 years ago and the second one was 50 years ago when I was almost 15 in Jersey on holiday with my man and dad.

Where's Kalos's boot?😩

IMG_20210810_152030.jpg

IMG_20210810_145951.jpg

Great photos Graham! Very 1970’s!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Where's Kalos's boot?😩

IMG_20210810_152030.jpg

IMG_20210810_145951.jpg

Blimey Graham, that last photo!!! You are the double of Richard Beckinsdale.

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sue.

The first was 1961 and my dad cut my hair 😵and 1971 the second when I had long and a decent head of hair 😊

I thought the first would be the 60’s but didn’t like to say in case I was wrong 😁

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 4:22 PM, grapau27 said:

A number of people have reported the same on other forums and clearing your cache or history on your mobile phone or device seems to work.

Graham.

Thanks Graham. I normally use my tablet for CC. I generally try and clear the cache reasonably regularly but will try doing it more often.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Thanks Graham. I normally use my tablet for CC. I generally try and clear the cache reasonably regularly but will try doing it more often.

I rarely clear the cache on any of my devices, but I don't seem to suffer any posting problems either, maybe I have a hidden AI butler who keeps my gadgets working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sue.

The first was 1961 and my dad cut my hair 😵and 1971 the second when I had long and a decent head of hair 😊

I didn't know your Dad worked at Dewhurst Graham.You haven't changed at all.I bet that's still your passport photo.

• Haha 2

Morning everyone, hope you are all safe and well. 
It is a cloudy day here with a slight breeze. I am meeting my friend for coffee this morning then gym after lunch and a large pile of ironing is calling my name. 
It seems to be quieter on here now as things move back into a more normal place.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all safe and well. 
It is a cloudy day here with a slight breeze. I am meeting my friend for coffee this morning then gym after lunch and a large pile of ironing is calling my name. 
It seems to be quieter on here now as things move back into a more normal place.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

It's  a lovely morning here, blue sky and sunshine though I don't  suppose it will last.  Enjoy your coffee with your friend and pretend that  the ironing doesn't exist.

14 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Nooooo., I think you are mishearing.🙃

I often think I hear yelling from my ironing basket but it's all a big con/scam.  I just ignore it!!!:classic_rolleyes:😃

I always know when I need to get cracking with the ironing.

Frank starts wearing my clothes.

Only joking🤣

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Nooooo., I think you are mishearing.🙃

I often think I hear yelling from my ironing basket but it's all a big con/scam.  I just ignore it!!!:classic_rolleyes:😃

I hate ironing, I think most people do as it is just so tedious.  

I have taken to putting my cruise clothes away unironed because every time I take them back out they need refreshed anyway. No point in doing it twice.

Younger family members tell me I am old fashioned as I iron tea-towels and smalls etc but I was always taught that the heat of the iron helps to kill of any lingering bacteria etc.

Have a nice day all whatever your plans.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You're still a pup yet Graham, cheer up. If you need it, here you are🥾, but send it back when you've done. 😉

Avril

Thanks Avril.

I'm pleased you are feeling better and posting your lovely humour again.

It is the first time I had seen those photos  that I had brought from my mam's when I got married 40 years ago.

It is our Ruby anniversary on August 22nd.

I have used the boot and am returning it with thanks.🥾

Graham x

• Like 2

It is 16°C and sunny outside.

I have been lazy this morning and didn't wake up until 8.30am when normally it is 6.30am.

I think the beach is calling.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Looking forward to Jane and Zap (I believe) reporting back from their respective cruises.

Take care and definitely try to stay safe😷.

Graham.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It's  a lovely morning here, blue sky and sunshine though I don't  suppose it will last.  Enjoy your coffee with your friend and pretend that  the ironing doesn't exist.

My friend has just cancelled coffee, a deer has just ran over the bonnet of her car!! There are some very large dents in it. She needs to ring insurance etc so it looks like coffee at home with the dogs

Michelle