P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Having been there three weeks ago, I can second that. Life is very much normal over there and Covid case numbers have plummeted. Sensibly however, mask-wearing is compulsory in shops, on public transport and in crowded outdoor spaces.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

P&o really aught to stop sending me emails 😂 

another cruise booked, just too good a deal to say no 🤦‍♀️

hope everyone on here is keeping well. 
loving all the holiday pictures 

Good for you. Enjoy it when it comes around.

7 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Lovely pictures Graham, makes me want to fly to somewhere warm and sunny

Michelle

So jealous of Graham being in Tenerife I would love to see some sun instead of rain.  I am concerned about the elderly people who will be queueing in the rain tomorrow outside our hub. 

My sister just rang to tell me that she has booked her booster for 9am next Saturday so I have told her to call me when she is outside and I will fetch her inside.  I  don't want her to queue in the cold and damp and catch anything that she might pass to her husband who is terminally ill.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

P&o really aught to stop sending me emails 😂 

another cruise booked, just too good a deal to say no 🤦‍♀️

hope everyone on here is keeping well. 
loving all the holiday pictures 

Enjoy your cruise when it comes around.

Have to say, we are currently watching Jane MacDonald on the Sky Princess. We love Britannia so it is really interesting. Have just had a look at cruise on Sky Princess for July 2023 and it is coming out really good for that time of the year, 14 day med, aft balcony including 1 device wifi free, all inclusive premium drinks and gratuities. May jump ship and move over to the other side to see what it is like.

Have done Celebrity but always fancied giving Princess a go.

(And the dates still give us a good 4 weeks in our 2nd caravan home if Pete asks 😉 )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are in Benalmadena.

We are home tomorrow.

I have my booster jab and opticians on Saturday and hospital on Wednesday for my BCC 

We had a lovely day at Mijas Pueblo today.

IMG_20211111_115942.jpg

IMG_20211111_112547.jpg

IMG_20211111_120536.jpg

IMG_20211111_115012.jpg

IMG-20211111-WA0009.jpg

Looks beautiful - rather envious tonight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Have to say, we are currently watching Jane MacDonald on the Sky Princess. We love Britannia so it is really interesting. Have just had a look at cruise on Sky Princess for July 2023 and it is coming out really good for that time of the year, 14 day med, aft balcony including 1 device wifi free, all inclusive premium drinks and gratuities. May jump ship and move over to the other side to see what it is like.

(And the dates still give us a good 4 weeks in our 2nd caravan home if Pete asks 😉 )

I would say give Princess a go, we have done 27 cruises with  Princess.  For us Princess falls between P&O and Celebrity.  We have booked Princess for end March (my birthday) and October next year.  The last P&O cruise made us think that their standards were falling to a level that we were not really happy with.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I would say give Princess a go, we have done 27 cruises with  Princess.  For us Princess falls between P&O and Celebrity.  We have booked Princess for end March (my birthday) and October next year.  The last P&O cruise made us think that their standards were falling to a level that we were not really happy with.

Sad really ------- feel like the tradition that was so special is being eroded.

Oh well ... 😞

To be honest we are not sure what we will do and are looking for a good deal.

It is nice to research again and think that we will probably going somewhere

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We like P and O and also Princess.We have just returned from a cruise on Sky Princess and loved the ship.We also like Britannia as I note you do too

• Like 2

So envious of all of you that have been or are away on holiday.  I need a holiday after having been at work all summer.

Got a click and collect order from Tesco later and will call in a The Range on the way back as I bought a knife and the blade has come away from the handle after a couple of weeks!! Other than that nothing exciting to look forward to for the rest of the day.

Hope the rest of you have a good day and stay safe.

• Like 2

Morning everyone, hope you are all well. 
it’s a bit dull and dismal here today, it has been raining earlier, a better day forecast for tomorrow so fingers crossed for that.

A “jobs” morning for me, the usual washing, ironing, food shop etc. We we probably go for a couple of drinks teatime(ish)and maybe something to eat.

Going for our booster injections in the morning which is reassuring.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Michelle

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all well. 
it’s a bit dull and dismal here today, it has been raining earlier, a better day forecast for tomorrow so fingers crossed for that.

A “jobs” morning for me, the usual washing, ironing, food shop etc. We we probably go for a couple of drinks teatime(ish)and maybe something to eat.

Going for our booster injections in the morning which is reassuring.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Michelle

We're just getting ready to go for our boosters. The taxi's coming at 1.30pm for our appointments at 1.50pm. Just the flu jabs at the end of the month and  then we should both be fully sterilised, sanitised and pasturised😷😁

Avril

• Like 8
  • Haha 3