P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Blooming poor weather here which is delaying my wall. Maria is well in control she says. She and her brood arrive tomorrow. I have completed more of the paperwork - health declaration but not yet the PLF. I had a poor nights sleep so leaving the printing off etc until tomorrow. Packing Friday pm and Saturday am then setting off at 12noon on the first leg. Trying to whip up some enthusiasm but none as yet.

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Blooming poor weather here which is delaying my wall. Maria is well in control she says. She and her brood arrive tomorrow. I have completed more of the paperwork - health declaration but not yet the PLF. I had a poor nights sleep so leaving the printing off etc until tomorrow. Packing Friday pm and Saturday am then setting off at 12noon on the first leg. Trying to whip up some enthusiasm but none as yet.

Got one last item to print off, to do with shareholder OBC.  Most packing done.  Dolphin finally got back to us, now in Jurys Inn 🙂.  Never stayed in that part of town so a bit of exploring in order on Saturday night.

Saw Major Tom's post re Lisbon, will be staying on board.   According to P&O's latest entry requirement update dated 30/11/21, Spain and Gib are at that date okay to go ashore independently without tests, so 🤞 that doesn't change.  The nearest I've been to being abroad since March 2019 is a few days in Scotland and a couple of days in the Scilly Isles.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've been thinking about Mrs Kalos and hoping all's well with her op today. x

Avril

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

+1.

Hopefully the operation has been successful.

Graham.

Hi just got back from the Hozzie ,Mrs K was awake and chatting with me ok .

After the 2 ops she had drips and drains and in a bit of pain but we knew it 

was going to be a steady recovery . Onwards and upwards as they say .:classic_smile:

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

was going to be a steady recovery . Onwards and upwards as they say .:classic_smile:

Sending Mrs K our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for a quick recovery.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Wonderful news Kalos. The worst  bit is over now, and as you would say.

🎵 The Best Is Yet To Come🎵

All the best to Mrs K for a speedy recovery x

Avril

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Morning from sunny Yorkshire, a lovely crisp dry morning here but with one of those sneaky winds that blows right through you. 

Premium bond day for those of us who partake, nowt for me but Mrs YP got 75 quid, every little helps as they say.

Hubby and I won £75 between us on Premium Bonds this month.That is roughly the cost of kennel care for a few days for our daughters dog as her whole family has covid Difficult to know how to help when you can't enter the house or offer to have the kids but the win has helped solve one problem and hopefully the dog will feel pampered

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

Glad the op went well and hope for a straightforward and quick recovery for Mrs k

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Glad Mrs K is OK, and I hope she makes a speedy recovery

• Thanks 1

Good to hear the news from kalos

Look after yourselves now and take a bit of help when it’s offered - shopping, laundry, errands … if friends and family help just take the opportunity for a bit of pampering.  You deserve it and you’ll soon be back on your feet

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kalos said:

Great news that the ops are over with and recovery has begun.

Hoping you both got a reasonable night’s sleep.

Gill x

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Good new Kalos. A slow and steady recovery with lots of care and pampering is the order of the day now. I hope you both have enough family and friend support for when she's home because if not, we'll all come and help! Seriously, take care of yourself too. Very best wishes. Jane.xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kalos said:

Wishing Mrs K a safe speedy recovery xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Beckett said:

This has nothing to do with cruising but I feel strongly enough to comment and say RIP little Arthur. May your next life overcome the horrors you experienced in this one. God bless little man. X

Its so sad, there are so many people that could have loved and nurtured him given the chance!

I hugged my little Grandson extra long & tight this morning 

• Like 11

More of the same grey damp. Wall is getting there and may yet deter a low rider, if it doesn't Maria certainly will!!

To tell the truth still not feeling it. Son of Anarchy I am not yet into printing off the last bits but they WILL be done. Glad you got your hotel sorted. I am staying in Wellingborough overnight after having a meal with my brother then the drive early doors. I know it it s all clear i will be there by 11am but better safe than sorry I keep saying.

Well done Mrs K hopefully your recovery will be good if steady

Glad to hear that Mrs K's ops went well and she is now on the road to recovery. Wishing her well and a speedy recovery.

Weather is dull and grey and looking out over the bay it is misty but doesn't feel as cold as it has previously. Still not a day to venture out!

• Thanks 1