P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

All remaining UK travel restrictions end 04.00 Friday. I wonder if our friends at P&O will revise their protocols ?.

To be fair, what protocols do you expect P&O to revise? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be fair, what protocols do you expect P&O to revise? 

Not doing tests before sailing, or whilst on board. No masks, no superfluous forms to fill in, no isolation of their customers. In fact nothing that isn't required on shore. It will be interesting to see what RC, X and NCL do once they start their summer European, UK season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Not doing tests before sailing, or whilst on board. No masks, no superfluous forms to fill in, no isolation of their customers. In fact nothing that isn't required on shore. It will be interesting to see what RC, X and NCL do once they start their summer European, UK season.

Actually, I think testing prior to boarding is OK.  

Agree with you about masks, but am not aware of any superfluous forms. Care to explain?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Actually, I think testing prior to boarding is OK.  

Agree with you about masks, but am not aware of any superfluous forms. Care to explain?

Fill in the online form to get on the ship and then answer the same questions when you get to the shed. Queue to get tested, when nobody else requires it, queue at the car park and queue to get to the flipping shed. I bet after Friday, when we are free of PLF's, P&O will manufacture another form. We are off to Lanzarote in 2 weeks. A vaccination record and a Spanish form and that's it. No tests to get on the plane or into Spain..........and another thing🤐🤣

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

A vaccination record and a Spanish form and that's it. No tests to get on the plane or into Spain...

If you are renting a villa you have to give your pasport details to the rental company - so still some more bureaucracy to get through! 

But, I agree with you about the health questionnaire.  A waste of time.  The same as the US ESTA form that asks if  you have ever been a member of the Communist Party. Who ever says "yes" ? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, zap99 said:

All remaining UK travel restrictions end 04.00 Friday. I wonder if our friends at P&O will revise their protocols ?.

UK travel restrictions are not the only ones that P&O have to consider. UK dropping all restrictions will have more infected passengers boarding P&O ships and more subsequent infections aboard. Destination ports may not think highly of that. A subvariant of Omicron is becoming prevalent and it is more infectious.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

If you are renting a villa you have to give your pasport details to the rental company - so still some more bureaucracy to get through! 

But, I agree with you about the health questionnaire.  A waste of time.  The same as the US ESTA form that asks if  you have ever been a member of the Communist Party. Who ever says "yes" ? 

When we get to the Meliá, reception will ask for a passport. That's pretty much normal anywhere in the World. If we are living with Covid, then the rules need to return to '  old ' normal.

• Like 2

Another beautiful, sunny, mild day here today. I finished off the last of my packing today, ready for the partial removal of my furniture on Friday to make it easier for the contractors to strip out the old laminate flooring and replace it. What a palaver.

I have decided that some of my glassware etc will go off to charity instead of back in the storage units. I'm sure some of it hasn't been used since I moved in just over 6 years ago...

Meeting of the Ocean Liner Society on Zoom tonight so sitting down for an early dinner shortly.

• Like 9

I went out to meet 5 friends for lunch, it was lovely to get together, we have all seen each other for various reasons but it is the first time since October 2000 that we have all managed to be available at the same time.  My husband said that he couldn't believe that we could manage to make lunch last from 12:30 to 4 o'clock without the restaurant asking us to vacate the table.

• Like 14

Good morning from what appears to be the separate time zone of Holt. Absolute mayhem at 4am when the dog at the back started wailing, my three must have thought it was their alarm. No peace until I get up and  let them out. They then think the day has begun so breakfast must be on the cards and nope not going in their crates. So I am now thinking its time for my lunch having done breakfast at 4.30am. Taking it easy is going to be great as I think I could fall asleep on a pinhead. 

Good Morning everyone.

Hope those that are feeling poorly are on the road to recovery and everyone else is fit and well.

Sunny morning down here although a bit cooler than yesterday.

Off to meet a friend for coffee this afternoon, and it's my husband's birthday today as well.

Take care and stay safe.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Good Morning everyone.

Hope those that are feeling poorly are on the road to recovery and everyone else is fit and well.

Off to meet a friend for coffee this afternoon, and it's my husband's birthday today as well.

Take care and stay safe.

Happy birthday wishes to your husband today Pam.

Graham

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Good Morning everyone.

Take care and stay safe.

Happy birthday to your husband. Enjoy your afternoon with your friend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:
1 hour ago, kalos said:

Are all feeling better today and that includes Frank as well.:classic_smile:

I would like to ask Avril, Indiana and Waju how they are getting on?  Hopefully doing well

Thank you for asking. We are both much better now, just very lethargic and headachy. Oddly enough still testing negative, so........?  The important thing is we're both on the mend.

It's a really dreary, damp and dismal day here, but having just said that, it's now begining to rain heavily. Better forecast for the rest of the week though🤞

Very quiet day on here yesterday, you must all have had much more interesting things to do.

Oh well, another day just mooching around the house trying to alleviate the boredom😵

The brain seems to be working better this morning, so hopefully no silly words in this post, I have checked, but ..........................🙄

Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans, so stay safe and keep dry☂️

Avril

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you for asking. We are both much better now, just very lethargic and headachy. Oddly enough still testing negative, so........?  The important thing is we're both on the mend.

It's a really dreary, damp and dismal day here, but having just said that, it's now begining to rain heavily. Better forecast for the rest of the week though🤞

Very quiet day on here yesterday, you must all have had much more interesting things to do.

Oh well, another day just mooching around the house trying to alleviate the boredom😵

The brain seems to be working better this morning, so hopefully no silly words in this post, I have checked, but ..........................🙄

Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans, so stay safe and keep dry☂️

Avril

Good news that you are both feeling a bit better.  The weather here is pretty miserable so I intend to stay in until I have to go and pick up my niece's children up from school this afternoon  they have told her that it is too far for them to walk home in the rain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good news that you are both feeling a bit better.  The weather here is pretty miserable so I intend to stay in until I have to go and pick up my niece's children up from school this afternoon  they have told her that it is too far for them to walk home in the rain.

We may stay in until the predicted Orange dust storm has passed. Then rinse the car in case the neighbours think I have had it spraytanned🤔

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Very wet here too, as I wrote earlier … 

I wish I could get my house clean as quickly as words are whisked away here 🙄

Yes supposed to be wet here later..

Ostrich steak and salad for tea last night.

Not much on today, Cheltenham and 2nd test match on this afternoon after housework this morning.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace

1 minute ago, indiana123 said:

There's definitely an slight orange Saharian (?) tint in the air.

I'm not sure which areas are due to be affected. If a car is covered in  Sahara dust make sure that you hose off the car first rather than use the windscreen washer or do not contact clean the exterior to avoid micro scratching it.

• Like 2

Can I just say Eddie99 (if I remember correctly) asked if those who had not been too well lately were feeling better?

I replied earlier this morning saying that we were feeling much better and thanked him for asking but it seems to have been deleted.

What rules have been infringed - does anyone know?