P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, Britboys said:

. Apologies that the ones I took vertically have loaded on their side - I can't see a way to change them...

P1000729.JPG

P1000737.JPG

P1000748.JPG

Photos like room to rotate leave a space between them ,that's all I  have done here :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Going off at a Tangent ( after confusing myself with the days above ..Monday or Friday!)

We have not long come past Morrisons who said they had no petrol or diesel.   On the other side of town there were queues at the pumps.

Is there something we don't know yet.. or is it just that people have heard about Morrisons and thought they better be on the safe side and top up.

I bought petrol at £1.58.9 per litre today at a local filling station. One mile up the road, there was a similar local filling station charging £1.69.9 for exactly the same make and grade of petrol. There were more cars on the forecourt of the more expensive one. Any explanation for the 11p per litre price difference, apart from profiteering, would be welcome.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Do you really want Flash Gorden's rocket bro? It's only powered by a sparkler 😁

Sis

I knew a bloke called Gorden and he got done once  for flashing :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh you funny lot 😂 I’ve just had to laugh at nearly every post.

Funny thing - I saw the rockets on my phone earlier- I’m now on my iPad and they’ve gone - ooh err!

We’ve just spent a ‘pleasant’ hour or so doing our PLF forms, good grief! Just about managed it without tearing our hair out but now we’ve gone to print them our printer refuses to work! Always something🙄 I printed something only a couple of days ago! I’ve given up now but I can hear poor John muttering, think we might have to get a new one.

Curious Sue.

Where are you doing the PLF for?

Graham.

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh you funny lot 😂 I’ve just had to laugh at nearly every post.

Funny thing - I saw the rockets on my phone earlier- I’m now on my iPad and they’ve gone - ooh err!

We’ve just spent a ‘pleasant’ hour or so doing our PLF forms, good grief! Just about managed it without tearing our hair out but now we’ve gone to print them our printer refuses to work! Always something🙄 I printed something only a couple of days ago! I’ve given up now but I can hear poor John muttering, think we might have to get a new one.

My printer was temperamental for a while, it would tell me it needed paper so would get up give the paper a shove and then it would work!🤷‍♀️ It decided it wasn't going to work anymore in January just before we went away so I was e-mailing it to Mum and then going over to her's to print it all out. As I was also doing her paperwork so  it was all forms, boarding passes, etc x3. As we are going away at the end of this month I have just ordered a new printer as I can't keep trotting back and forth to Mum's. So I share your frustation🙄!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, purplesea said:

My printer was temperamental for a while, it would tell me it needed paper so would get up give the paper a shove and then it would work!🤷‍♀️ It decided it wasn't going to work anymore in January just before we went away so I was e-mailing it to Mum and then going over to her's to print it all out. As I was also doing her paperwork so  it was all forms, boarding passes, etc x3. As we are going away at the end of this month I have just ordered a new printer as I can't keep trotting back and forth to Mum's. So I share your frustation🙄!

Thank you, it is a faff! John managed to get what we needed printed off eventually  but he did it with a lead so I can’t use it on Wi-Fi, I suspect we will be getting a new one but they’re not as cheap as I thought they’d be! There’s always something!

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Belgium. Don’t need them for coming back to the Uk but apparently Belgium want them. 

I thought Belgium lifted this on March 11th.

When we were on Iona we had to fill a Portugal PLF to get into Lisbon but no one asked to see it when we got on and off the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Looks like pre book entertainment has ended. 

A0E501AD-1436-4916-8D4D-62CEC0EBB349.thumb.png.807215421791c4bb5a4b169546fd1dae.png

Oh err and I’m just the cruise before you! It’s only the theatre I can book though other venues it just said to  turn up.

Just now, grapau27 said:

I thought Belgium lifted this on March 11th.

When we were on Iona we had to fill a Portugal PLF to get into Lisbon but no one asked to see it when we got on and off the ship.

interesting you say this as there has been some debate ‘elsewhere’ if it’s needed but P&O’s country guide says it is needed for Belgium so we all thought we’d do it just in case! When you click on the list it takes you to the Gov.Uk site so you’d think they’d know!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Now I know you lot will think I should find something more worthwhile to do with my time, but I'm asking the question anyway.

What day of the week is missing??? I've tried every combination and can't  for the life of me  figure it out. 🤬Grrr

Avril

We call monday lunedi here sis,could be apt for our banter,lol,bro.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

interesting you say this as there has been some debate ‘elsewhere’ if it’s needed but P&O’s country guide says it is needed for Belgium so we all thought we’d do it just in case! When you click on the list it takes you to the Gov.Uk site so you’d think they’d know!

When doing the Portugal PLF on the ship we had to give the ships location code where we were plus cabin number and P&O supplied a mock copy to help fill the form in on line.

If you have already printed the forms it wouldn't hurt to take them with you but my understanding is Belgium stopped needing the form after March 11th.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220403_200837_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When doing the Portugal PLF on the ship we had to give the ships location code where we were plus cabin number and P&O supplied a mock copy to help fill the form in on line.

If you have already printed the forms it wouldn't hurt to take them with you but my understanding is Belgium stopped needing the form after March 11th.

Graham.

Yes that’s what we did, followed the example. As I said the pdf link of all the countries said yes to Belgium . I’d rather have too much than not enough 😁  After all these forms I’d better not test positive at the port 🙄

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you, it is a faff! John managed to get what we needed printed off eventually  but he did it with a lead so I can’t use it on Wi-Fi, I suspect we will be getting a new one but they’re not as cheap as I thought they’d be! There’s always something!

I've just ordered one from Argos for £40 so not too expensive.

As it stands at present I need to fill out PLF for us for Malta and Italy, but as we don't go until the end of the month I'm hanging fire and hoping things change!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

As it stands at present I need to fill out PLF for us for Malta and Italy, but as we don't go until the end of the month I'm hanging fire and hoping things change!

Ooh  we haven’t checked Argos yet. Thankyou.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

We call monday lunedi here sis,could be apt for our banter,lol,bro.

They've given you a special day bro, that's nice. St David's Day,  St Patricks Day, St George's Day, Bro's Loony Day😁

Sis

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes that’s what we did, followed the example. As I said the pdf link of all the countries said yes to Belgium . I’d rather have too much than not enough 😁  After all these forms I’d better not test positive at the port 🙄

I agree.If you have filled the forms in you may as well take them.

I looked on line and it is confusing although the UK is not on the white list so you have done right to do the PLF.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

P&O were still asking to see the forms in Southampton last Saturday. We got asked to show the forms once then asked again twice later to confirm that we had them.

Edited by DamianG
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, purplesea said:

When we flew to Spain in February Spain wouldn't let us fill in the PLF until 2 days before.

On Iona in March I filled the Portugal PLF on March 14th for arrival in Lisbon on March 16th.

2 minutes ago, DamianG said:

P&O were still asking to see the forms in Southampton last Saturday. We got asked to show the forms once then asked again twice later to confirm that we had them.

Thanks Damian.

We sailed around the Iberian peninsula including Gibraltar,Spain and Portugal and were not asked for any PLFs on March 5th when boarding Iona.

I hope you are having a fantastic cruise.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But I select them all at one go and they are placed automatically???

You need to have a space between each picture ,that's all I did to your post .

Go back to your post and try it yourself .that's all I did .

26 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Ooh  we haven’t checked Argos yet. Thankyou.

Over the last 15 years I bought two ink jet printers but found I only used now and again and 

found the ink cartridges would dry up and found that I almost spent as much replacing the 

ink cartridges as what the printer was worth . I was advised by a workmate to buy a laser 

printer which for documents is ideal ,no wet inks to smudge or run ,or dry out .

This is the best printer I have owned for my needs ,no more running to the ink shop and I bought the monochrome which cost me about £30  more but has proved very reliable .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1