P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

It was probably my mate Ben. 

Built around an old mobility scooter. 

Andy 

image_6128bfef-227b-496f-9453-ec5c860e812420220519_220130.jpg

We were overtaken on a paved pedestrian trail yesterday by an old guy on a mobility scooter with his two dogs

On the back, among other items such as a Ukraine flag was a ‘number plate’ with HARDLY DAVIDSON 🙂

Have a wonderful, relaxing, hitch-free cruise Sarah.  Your first cruise is a very special time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you 😁

Our tests are done, both negative! I did take the photo without putting the testing cassette on the report card 😏 I still got my result confirmation email though. I called Prenetics and they said that was ok. I emailed them a correct photo as well though just to put my mind at rest. 
My sister & brother in law are negative too, mum & dad are going to Lloyds in a few hours to get theirs done.

This all feels very real now!

Wishing you a fabulous family cruise Sarah.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello Everyone Again, I have been "lurking" since last year after posting lots of the Photos around the world. I do keep up to date with you all, but prefer to just enjoy your posts. So on the subject of above of who i have seen/ met/ stood next to.. may i add my list. 

I have met Lord Snowden, John Cleese, Brian May & Anita Dobson, Gary Moore(blues guitarist) sadly most of the spice girls, Simon Cowel & Simon Fuller (spice girls manager)  Mark Owen (take that) various bands from the late nineties/ 2000s, Bradley Walsh, Des OConnor, Ken Dodd, Vic reeves & bob mortimer, Robson Green& Jerome , Mystic Meg, & lots more comedian's who are now big names but were up & coming when i looked after them...........My job..was for 25yrs a Chauffeur. So the list & my memory is fairly long.  Iam  retired now, looking forward after 3 yrs to return on board Arcadia in October to Norway.

• Like 8

Hi have to see my oncologist today for results of all my tests to see if my cancer has spread anywhere other than my spine.  ( had breast cancer 2013). Hubby in hospital with myeloma (blood cancer) so it is both of us. Son is awaiting further tests to see if he has ms like his eldest sister. My son in law who is married to my daughter with ms said even eastenders script writers couldn't top this. Fun times🤔.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Hi have to see my oncologist today for results of all my tests to see if my cancer has spread anywhere other than my spine.  ( had breast cancer 2013). Hubby in hospital with myeloma (blood cancer) so it is both of us. Son is awaiting further tests to see if he has ms like his eldest sister. My son in law who is married to my daughter with ms said even eastenders script writers couldn't top this. Fun times🤔.

Sorry to read about your health issues, cancer is a cruel disease indeed. 

I hope the results for your son are good. I have MS too, I believe the trick is keep positive, keep going, find ways to do things and keep the

“glass half full” attitude 

Michelle

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, delgirl said:

It’s almost impossible to say anything meaningful after reading your post, but I do know that all of us on these forums will, like us, be sending you and your family their very best wishes in dealing with what’s very obviously a very, very difficult situation. I hope you all receive all the medical and other support that you need.

• Like 26

11 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Sending you and your family our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for your health issues.

Graham.

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, delgirl said:

So sorry to hear about your and your family's heatlth problems and wish you all the best.

I hope that you all manage to get all the help and support needed.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Hello again, I almost forgot, I had the pleasure of looking after the late great George Best 2/3 times not long before he passed.  had the try & lose the press following us from chelsea to Heathrow once , not easy but i did it..

I was going to cadge a lift but don't fancy handbrake turns at 100 mph on the m25.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, delgirl said:

So sorry to read of your family’s health worries, wishing you all the best for your appointment later. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

A good feeling when you get that negative result. I did mine early so just a few things to do before setting off for Southampton

Mum & Dad said they met you this morning, mum’s a bit hard to miss at the moment 😂

Maybe see you on board

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

@SarahHben have a lovely time on your cruise, the first one is special.  I am sure that you will come back hooked like the rest of us.  Don't forget to wear you special fitted dress as early as you can during the cruise before you have eaten the lovely food. Please post some pictures for those of us who are still at home.

I’m leaving that dress at home, I can do it up before eating but not afterwards and I don’t want to burst at the seams 😂

There will be lots of photos 😁

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, delgirl said:

No words……… but am thinking of you.

Sending a hug.

Gill x

• Like 15

Bit left field, this, but if anyone else out there has any kind of interest in the history of the London Underground, this series is an absolute gem:

Secrets of the London Underground - Yesterday Channel (Free to view on Freeview, Freesat etc)

Railway historian Tim Dunn (The Architecture The Railways Built) teams up with Siddy Holloway from the London Transport Museum to explore the disused parts of London's tube network, from abandoned stations to redundant tunnels and lifts, often hidden right under passengers' noses.

Secrets of the London Underground

https://yesterday.uktv.co.uk/shows/secrets-of-the-london-underground/

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, delgirl said:

Sorry to hear about all of your health problems. I hope that you all get the results that you are hoping for.  Your son-in-law is right no soap writer voild beat you. 🤞

• Like 2

I'm getting really fed up with people moaning about the price of things.£1.25 for a cup of tea, £1.50 for a coffee, £2.00 for a slice of cake, £2.50 for car parking.  Honestly if I hear any more complaints I'm going to stop inviting my friends round 😉

• Haha 17

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes it is much appreciated. I have good news and bad. My cancer is not in any organs but has spread to other bones. Small 1 in my left hip, 1 in my rib, and base of my skull (although not sure if that was there before as they said from neck down) It could have been a lot worse. Given me some extra tablets and I have to have an injection once a month to stop my bones from disintegrating. Got to take it one step at a time as it all depends how well I respond to treatment. He told my daughter that if I responded well I could have years. Exactly the same thing my husbands haematologist told us. Its all in the lap of the gods. Onwards and Upwards.

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes it is much appreciated. I have good news and bad. My cancer is not in any organs but has spread to other bones. Small 1 in my left hip, 1 in my rib, and base of my skull (although not sure if that was there before as they said from neck down) It could have been a lot worse. Given me some extra tablets and I have to have an injection once a month to stop my bones from disintegrating. Got to take it one step at a time as it all depends how well I respond to treatment. He told my daughter that if I responded well I could have years. Exactly the same thing my husbands haematologist told us. Its all in the lap of the gods. Onwards and Upwards.

I'm happy for you Delgirl.

Always stay positive and try to enjoy and make the most  of every day.

Love and hugs from us both.

G&P xx

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Saying prayers for you both x

Andy & Michelle 

• Like 6