P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

39 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Wear whatever you like, and you won’t feel out of place. Far better to be comfortable than worry about other people, and it’s the people that matter anyway - not the clothes. There’ll be quite a mix, and if you’re wearing something comfortable you’ll be happy, and you’ll have a great time. Nobody bothers at all these days, which is exactly as it should be.

Thank you. I think I need to lose another cm or 2 before it could be described as comfortable 😏

24 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Yup. Both of them. Can’t include Bermondsey in my list of places lived, but my wife can, when she was a trainee nurse. Both of them had connections with the hospital, and both of them revered by everyone in the area. Charlie Chaplin was born not far off in Walworth. All affordable areas then for ordinary people, but now gentrified and unaffordable, like almost everywhere else in London.

Only a few 100 yards thru the Rotherhythe tunnel and you're in my manor,Stepney.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you. I think I need to lose another cm or 2 before it could be described as comfortable 😏

Just lose an inch ,it sounds easier than 2.5 cm.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Do people tend to dress more casually on the first evening of a cruise? I can finally do my dress zip up, mind you that's before lunch! There's no way it will fit me by Monday evening but I don't know if it's too dressy for the first night, it's a fitted dress.

The first evening is always casual, it is your cruise so you wear what you want to.  I tend to put something in my hand luggage to wear on the first evening just in case the luggage is late getting delivered to the cabin, I don't want to wear the same clothes as I have worn all day.

You don't need to stress about what to wear, you will see everything from jeans and tops to nice dresses, just wear what you feel comfortable in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Do people tend to dress more casually on the first evening of a cruise? I can finally do my dress zip up, mind you that's before lunch! There's no way it will fit me by Monday evening but I don't know if it's too dressy for the first night, it's a fitted dress.

Pauline always dresses up every night but we always go into the speciality restaurants.

On Royal Caribbean we get our first 2 nights speciality restaurants half price with our loyalty benefits.

My observation is a lot of people do not get dressed up for the first night Sarah but why not wear your stunning dress 👗 if you think it might be a little tight by Monday and I'm sure you will get plenty of compliments.

Hopefully you will get another opportunity to wear it during your cruise.

Graham 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

We just got back from a few days in Weymouth. A celebrity ship was in Portland on Monday, Apex I think. Some tourists we waiting to board the mini-train. How much is it?  £5 each. Can we pay in Euro ?. 10 Euros ..each. They paid by card...Not silly these Celebrity folk.🤔

Did you get your fish & chips?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Only in the chain pub,new rooms, old rooms or something. It was ok. Not what we had planned, but the weather was a bit damp.

Old Rooms Inn

Weather has been a bit iffy.  Had some grand thunder and lightning

• Like 1

Time to relax, my niece has just collected her daughter with the homework project completed and ready to hand in on Friday.  My niece asked if she could take a bottle of wine because her friend is coming round tonight and we always buy better wine than she and her friend can afford so David let her have a bottle of our favourite wine so helping out her child has cost us over £20.

• Like 5

Now I worked out how to stream Amazon music through the car entertainment system, I can play music from their back catalogue whilst driving, today was a Steeleye Span day, I remember seeing them in concert about 3 times in the 1970s, I have just found out they are on locally Monday next week, still tickets left. The question is do I go and seem them or not? Seeing bands that from the 70s and 80s this century has often left me disappointed with few exceptions. The exceptions were Status Quo, Simply Red and Bryan Adams. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Now I worked out how to stream Amazon music through the car entertainment system, I can play music from their back catalogue whilst driving, today was a Steeleye Span day, I remember seeing them in concert about 3 times in the 1970s, I have just found out they are on locally Monday next week, still tickets left. The question is do I go and seem them or not? Seeing bands that from the 70s and 80s this century has often left me disappointed with few exceptions. The exceptions were Status Quo, Simply Red and Bryan Adams. 

2019 tour 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

For me, the Status Quo concerts of the last 15 years that I’ve been to have been far better than those I saw in the 1980’s. They’re just so much more professional and polished these days.Last saw them in 2019 when they played at our local park just a mile from where we live. Hopefully I’ll get to see them again sometime.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, DamianG said:

For me, the Status Quo concerts of the last 15 years that I’ve been to have been far better than those I saw in the 1980’s. They’re just so much more professional and polished these days.Last saw them in 2019 when they played at our local park just a mile from where we live. Hopefully I’ll get to see them again sometime.

I saw Status Quo around 1971. Wouldn't be difficult for them to be better now than they were then !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

You and me both.  Saw them a few times back in the 70s too - including the Albert Hall.  They were really big then!  Maddy Prior looks to be the only original left now, and good though she is I'm not sure I'd bother now.  When Tim Hart left it was a big loss - those two together were just incredible.

7 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Status Quo with Maddie Prior,  All around My Hat

Thanks for posting one of my favourite songs.  I first saw Steelers Spam in the 70s with an on/off boyfriend who although we didn't know it at the time would become my husband.  Maddie Prior has a fantastic voice.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2022 at 6:52 PM, wowzz said:

Thanks - off to Barcelona on Friday to join a Princess cruise ! 

Hope you have a lovely cruise Wowzz which I’m sure you will on a princess ship and a very Happy Ruby wedding Anniversary to you both 🥂🍾 

• Like 5