P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Are you cruising Graham?

Hi Sue.

We got off Anthem of the seas this morning after a 7 night cruise and got home 2 hours ago after a 6 hour drive from Southampton.

We enjoyed 2 separate chats with @zap99(John) and his dear wife who were both lovely friendly people.

Graham.

IMG_20220909_142248.jpg

IMG_20220909_142733.jpg

IMG_20220909_142603.jpg

IMG_20220909_080500.jpg

IMG_20220908_103210.jpg

IMG_20220904_145347.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Sue.

We got off Anthem of the seas this morning and got home 2 hours ago after a 6 hour drive from Southampton.

We enjoyed 2 separate chats with Zap(John) and his dear wife who were both lovely friendly people.

Graham.

IMG_20220909_142248.jpg

IMG_20220909_142733.jpg

IMG_20220909_142603.jpg

IMG_20220909_080500.jpg

IMG_20220908_103210.jpg

IMG_20220904_145347.jpg

Thank you for your kind words Graham. Gail and me were delighted to meet you and the beautiful Pauline. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, week 4 of my mum staying with us begins! Every day is Groundhog Day, working in my spare bedroom in the morning, up the hospital in the afternoon. I’m having a battle as the hospital don’t seem to think my Dad needs a care package when he comes out but we need it for my mum as he is her official carer.

Very sad news about the Queen, the funeral is on my wedding anniversary! Won’t be much celebrating going on this year! I’ve booked 3 days off and John’s got the whole week off.

Dad’s BP is too low at the moment or they would let him out.He’s much more like his normal self now, hope he can come home soon, hospital visits are very draining. Poor John sits in the car or the hospital cafe as only two visitors allowed in.

Sounds like you are having a bit of a tough time at the moment, hope things improve for you soon

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Sue.

We got off Anthem of the seas this morning after a 7 night cruise and got home 2 hours ago after a 6 hour drive from Southampton.

We enjoyed 2 separate chats with @zap99(John) and his dear wife who were both lovely friendly people.

Graham.

IMG_20220909_142248.jpg

IMG_20220909_142733.jpg

IMG_20220909_142603.jpg

IMG_20220909_080500.jpg

IMG_20220908_103210.jpg

IMG_20220904_145347.jpg

Looks great Graham.

We are on Anthem August next year. Looking forward to going to Chops and Wonderland.

Michelle 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Looks great Graham.

We are on Anthem August next year. Looking forward to going to Chops and Wonderland.

Michelle 

Thank you Michelle.

We bought a 3 night dining package pre cruise for £199 total which was excellent value and I would recommend this.

A full cruise dining package is also available and worth considering as I believe you get 1 speciality lunch free included and it is a big saving against just booking on board.

On board we were able to use our Diamond plus loyalty Buy one get one free for 2 nights which was $64.99 total for each night as opposed to $130 total each night.

We had 3 nights in Chops Grill and 2 nights in Wonderland.

1 night is enough for Wonderland.

It is advisable to go straight to Chops Grill on deck 5 as soon as you board and they will confirm your meal times with you.

Graham.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thank you Michelle.

We bought a 3 night dining package pre cruise for £199 total which was excellent value and I would recommend this.

A full cruise dining package is also available and worth considering as I believe you get 1 speciality lunch free included and it is a big saving against just booking on board.

On board we were able to use our Diamond plus loyalty Buy one get one free for 2 nights which was $64.99 total for each night as opposed to $130 total each night.

We had 3 nights in Chops Grill and 2 nights in Wonderland.

1 night is enough for Wonderland.

It is advisable to go straight to Chops Grill on deck 5 as soon as you board and they will confirm your meal times with you.

Graham.

I am def going to buy the three night dining package, got 6 to pay for as grandchildren are coming with us. 
I love Wonderland but agree one night is enough.

Michelle 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I am def going to buy the three night dining package, got 6 to pay for as grandchildren are coming with us. 
I love Wonderland but agree one night is enough.

Michelle 

We had the 3 night package. 2 chops and a Jamie's. We didn't go to Wonderland, but Graham and Pauline enjoyed it, but they do seem to enjoy their food.😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The meal looks lovely - but I am right in thinking that until fairly recently Yorkshire puddings went only with roast beef, and not the other roast meats, or other dishes? 

Yep from abyegon era, some would only have them as a starter before the meal.

Nowadays with most things chicken to a pan of stew. We even have them with Christmas lunch which never happened when I was growing up. 

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The meal looks lovely - but I am right in thinking that until fairly recently Yorkshire puddings went only with roast beef, and not the other roast meats, or other dishes? 

I have to say that I love Yorkshire Puddings and would happily eat them with any roast meat (and lots of gravy) and would even forego the meat for an extra one!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We had the 3 night package. 2 chops and a Jamie's. We didn't go to Wonderland, but Graham and Pauline enjoyed it, but they do seem to enjoy their food.😁

We went to Wonderland on Harmony, loved it but it is different. We will probably do one night Wonderland, one Chops and one Jamie’s Italian. Think I’d better diet before we go

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Yorkshire puds go wi owt these days. When we were kids we always had the puds as a starter but have them with the meal now, or in some cases; as the meal.

• Like 4

I imagine we are all glad it is not us who  have to walk I think a mile behind our mother's coffin.  Charles, although looking sad and tired, I am sure will cope with everything he has to do in the next week.  

In fact, being so busy when someone very close dies keeps you going for some time, with no time to just sit and think - the time to grieve comes later.  The Queen's death has somehow affected everyone, and I have found it particularly difficult, I must admit.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Cold Yorkshire puds with homemade strawberry jam 👍 Apparently my mums siblings used to as kids have them with treacle (golden syrup). 😱. We have them with most roasts now, homemade only though. 

I remember my mum putting the leftover Yorkshire Pud in the frying pan and heating with butter and then pouring golden syrup all over it. Very healthy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I remember my mum putting the leftover Yorkshire Pud in the frying pan and heating with butter and then pouring golden syrup all over it. Very healthy!

Way back then everything seemed healthy, salt sugar, lard and plenty of it .

If they got a cold ,it was out with the whiskey and the Consulate menthol fags  until it went away .😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I don’t know what left over Yorkshire pudding is. My mum used to make one in a large tin. There were 6 of us to share it and there was never a crumb left. Happy memories.

Same here, and if the crust was a bit burned you always got the line "crust'll mek thi air curl"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Same here, and if the crust was a bit burned you always got the line "crust'll mek thi air curl"

And try telling yer Mam "Well you have it then , saves thi  purring in thi curlers "

You would have got a swipe round the lug hole ,so it weren't that healthy :classic_unsure:

• Haha 10

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

We went to Wonderland on Harmony, loved it but it is different. We will probably do one night Wonderland, one Chops and one Jamie’s Italian. Think I’d better diet before we go

Michelle

You won't need to Michelle. We were on Anthem for a whole week and I only put on 6.5 pounds .

• Like 1