P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

31 minutes ago, Libby3723 said:

I was grateful to read on here that over 65's could now book online so Thank you for posting this info' much appreciated  xx

Glad you got booked and would like to point out for the benefit of others, that have a carer of 

someone who looks after a person over 65, then they too are eligible for the jab as well .(Would need to be on carers allowance )

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tring said:

We have not been called by our local surgery, but heard all those 65 and above could book on Monday night.  We then found we could do that direct with the NHS and could book into a centre about five miles away.  There were a couple of other options within reach, which is better than the mass centres that were used previously as they were more like an hour away.

We are glad to be booked as we cruise in a couple of weeks, but agree we would have left it a while if we had a cruise booked later in the winter.

Thanks for posting this, I got an appointment on Friday for my husband.  I'm going to go with him (I'm a 62 year old youngster) to see if they have any spare!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Waju said:

Thanks for posting this, I got an appointment on Friday for my husband.  I'm going to go with him (I'm a 62 year old youngster) to see if they have any spare!

I’m nearly 75 and went with my Husband to get his but unfortunately couldn’t get one. It is all barcoded when you go in now. No barcode no jab. Hopefully I will get a booster and flu  jab before our cruise in 6 weeks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jazzytelly said:

I’m nearly 75 and went with my Husband to get his but unfortunately couldn’t get one. It is all barcoded when you go in now. No barcode no jab. Hopefully I will get a booster and flu  jab before our cruise in 6 weeks.

Unless your waiting for your GP ,you could fill in the NHS form for your jab and wait for your flu jab .

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jazzytelly said:

Sorry to hear that, yesterday I booked in several ladies just like you, we were allowing walk-ins, so if someone who was just a few years too young came in with a spouse we filled out a form for them without a barcode.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear that, yesterday I booked in several ladies just like you, we were allowing walk-ins, so if someone who was just a few years too young came in with a spouse we filled out a form for them without a barcode.

Funny how area's have different rules, when we book online (NHS) you get a reference number, tell the ladies on reception and in you go. I am on duty tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if there are enough doses for walkins, or it could be fun again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

We do not have a barcode for our apt on Sunday but instructions do say to bring your booking number which is also mentioned on the confirmation emails we received my and have printed out. 

We had our flu jabs at our GP's surgery last Saturday.  Spoke to someone over 75 in the queue who still did not have a covid jab apt from the surgery, so we would likely have had quite a wait for that if we had not booked through the NHS website.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I made it to Disneyland Paris! The apartment is 10-15 walk from the park and we can see the park from our balcony. Going to watch the fireworks from here this evening as I’m exhausted. 

A943C776-8558-4D4B-A69E-94329D2523C4.jpeg

Have a great visit. Disney isn't just for kids. Enjoy the fireworks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Glad you got booked and would like to point out for the benefit of others, that have a carer of 

someone who looks after a person over 65, then they too are eligible for the jab as well .(Would need to be on carers allowance )

Funny old world. A year or so ago lots of folk had reservations about the vaccine.  This time!!! .We are booked in for Friday. DW said ' I wonder if they will give us the one that works with both strains,  perhaps the flu jab as well. I said I don't care, they know what they are doing.   

Thanks all you volunteers.  I just hope I don't get that big hairy paramedic with the tats. Second thoughts not too bothered.🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I made it to Disneyland Paris! The apartment is 10-15 walk from the park and we can see the park from our balcony. Going to watch the fireworks from here this evening as I’m exhausted. 

Have a lovely time and hope you enjoyed the fireworks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Very excited today. We are flying to Malta at 6.10 tomorrow morning to join Azura for two weeks. COVID tests yesterday were both negative (thank goodness). All P&O paperwork sorted and printed off. A day of packing ahead of us today, taxi pick up tomorrow at 02.15!!!

We have never flown so early but at least we get an afternoon in Malta before we sail.

I hope you have an amazing cruise.

If you can please post some feedback on Azura.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I hope you have a wonderful time Sarah.

We first went there in 1992 when it opened and it was called Eurodisney then and have been back several times and always enjoyed our time there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My niece and I are wordle fans and every morning we WhatsApp each other with our efforts. I woke particularly early and sent my message at 5:50am and  my phone instantly rang, she had been waiting for my message because she wanted to ask me to do the school run.  My niece has an 8:30 hospital appointment for a minor operation.  My sister would usually do the school run but she had to call an ambulance at 5:30 to take her terminally ill husband into hospital so she is doesn't know when she will be home.  I am  keeping my fingers crossed at the moment that everything s ok for everyone else.

I am working at the foodbank this morning but I will have to keep my phone with me just in case one of them needs me for any reason, so that won't be popular if we are as busy as we were last week.

I hope everyone else has a better morning than I am having.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece and I are wordle fans and every morning we WhatsApp each other with our efforts. I woke particularly early and sent my message at 5:50am and  my phone instantly rang, she had been waiting for my message because she wanted to ask me to do the school run.  My niece has an 8:30 hospital appointment for a minor operation.  My sister would usually do the school run but she had to call an ambulance at 5:30 to take her terminally ill husband into hospital so she is doesn't know when she will be home.  I am  keeping my fingers crossed at the moment that everything s ok for everyone else.

I am working at the foodbank this morning but I will have to keep my phone with me just in case one of them needs me for any reason, so that won't be popular if we are as busy as we were last week.

You are certainly having a busy time at the moment Josy. Your family are all having a challenging time too, I hope they are all ok. 

You are helping so many people I think we should call you Superwoman, I don’t know how you do it but I applaud you.

Take care of you too

Michelle

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Things sound pretty hectic for you all. Hope everyone is OK.

Take care

• Like 1

The children are now in school,  I don't know how people manage having to get 2 teenagers out of the house and to school every day, those 2 have to be reminded every couple of minutes that they need to speed up.  Any of you out there who have to do this on a daily basis have my deepest sympathy.

16 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have since had an email and text from the NHS about booking a Covid jab. Just spoke to out Doctors who are part of a group now , they said wait for the invite from them and I will get Covid and Flu at the same time otherwise I might wait for flu jab. I’ll give it a few weeks and if haven’t had the text from Surgery Group will do walk in clinic and book free flu jab in Boots. 

btw Hubby has two very sore arms at the moment.