P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

It's my happy, happy birthday today ( no singing please ,). We went into one of my favourite restaurants.  If they start singing, I'm off.

Ok no singing but on one condition 😉 

Have you washed your hands today ?

Go do them to NHS standards, by singing ... 😊😀 Wots that song called ?😉

Have a good Birthday! :classic_love:

• Haha 7

This may seem a silly question but what is a Lounge Suit and Cocktail Dress dress code?

We have booked for New Year and are wondering if it is similar to black tie for men (hubby has a suit if needs be) but I am at a loss. Really don't have a short cocktail dress. Is long ok?

Help

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

This may seem a silly question but what is a Lounge Suit and Cocktail Dress dress code?

We have booked for New Year and are wondering if it is similar to black tie for men (hubby has a suit if needs be) but I am at a loss. Really don't have a short cocktail dress. Is long ok?

Help

I have no idea. Perhaps if you start a new dress code thread, you may find out. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Help

Wear  a long one and if anybody comments, tell them it would be considered short on a taller person.

Edited by pete14
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Help

Black suit and tie on Ventura 4 weeks ago was okay.

Any smart dress for ladies.

IMG_20221020_175825.jpg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Up early this morning to book Tesco Christmas order, logged in at 5:45, no 17171 in virtual queue, slots open at 6, order placed by 6:30, much quicker than previous years. 

Like wise. I got up when I woke up at just after 5 am and logged on at about 5.45am and but was 21315 in the queue and had shopped and checked out by 6.30 with an order delivery for 23rd as 24th had all gone.  I also placed an order for the previous week, straight afterwards and the 23rd had all gone by then gone too.

• Like 2

The weather this morning is exactly as it was on 15th November 1980.  I can still hear my dad in my head asking why we didn't choose a summer wedding.  We are going out for a nicemeal to celebrate tonight.

I have a morning in the pharmacy, this week we are only doing mornings which is to be expected now that most people have been vaccinated so that is good.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The weather this morning is exactly as it was on 15th November 1980.  I can still hear my dad in my head asking why we didn't choose a summer wedding.  We are going out for a nicemeal to celebrate tonight.

I have a morning in the pharmacy, this week we are only doing mornings which is to be expected now that most people have been vaccinated so that is good.

Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you have a lovely meal tonight. Hopefully you will have a good morning too and that people are kind to you

Michelle

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Up early this morning to book Tesco Christmas order, logged in at 5:45, no 17171 in virtual queue, slots open at 6, order placed by 6:30, much quicker than previous years. 

Thanks for the reminder!  I've been awake since 6, up at 7, sat at my desktop since 7.45 and have only just seen your post.  The price I am paying is that I am number 282,092 in the queue 🥺.  I may be here some time!  

Edited by mrsgoggins

30 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Wishing you a wonderful 42nd wedding anniversary.

244bf2437c7739a32600babe157d8ad8.jpg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy Anniversary.  Have a lovely meal.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

What a week to get married! In the charts; Woman in Love, I could be so good for you, Never knew love like this before, Super Trouper and What you're  proposing! Have a great day and a nice meal!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The weather was so atrocious on our wedding day that Father Prentise suggested to the photographer that perhaps he should take photos throughout the service.  We have photos that are totally different to the standard outside the church, groups of guests etc.20221115_085002.thumb.jpg.37dbc51176e8ab059edcec0d40de8285.jpg

• Like 13

40 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thanks for the reminder!  I've been awake since 6, up at 7, sat at my desktop since 7.45 and have only just seen your post.  The price I am paying is that I am number 282,092 in the queue 🥺.  I may be here some time!  

I just asked Mrs K if we had booked ours ,she said no as we are already booked in with 

Morrisons . Because we have a yearly delivery  pass we were invited mid October to book

our Christmas slot. Any bits we want from Tesco we will drop in and get and if all that 

fails ,we will use Zapps emergency plan ,use the chippy 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The weather was so atrocious on our wedding day that Father Prentise suggested to the photographer that perhaps he should take photos throughout the service.  We have photos that are totally different to the standard outside the church, groups of guests etc.20221115_085002.thumb.jpg.37dbc51176e8ab059edcec0d40de8285.jpg

Great photo and congratulations 🎉 on your anniversary.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

The weather this morning is exactly as it was on 15th November 1980.  I can still hear my dad in my head asking why we didn't choose a summer wedding.  We are going out for a nice meal to celebrate tonight.

Happy anniversary ,I hope you have a lovely meal out tonight . 

Last year Mrs K tried blaming me for ruining our anniversary, which I cannot see how I was to blame as

I hadn't got a clue it was on that day :classic_unsure:

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.c165a0b2b6d989ab7c16437a6fde30a9.gif

• Haha 4