P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 11/16/2022 at 9:36 PM, Britboys said:

Glad you had a good day out at my old stomping ground. Nice photos from the doughnut-on-a-stick 😀.

My sister lives in Worthing now but for many years lived in Hove. I sent her a photo of the view towards Hove, she replied ‘that looks familiar!’ 😊

• Like 3

Morning all, John is working today but we should be going to Bluewater when he come home, I have vouchers to spend!

Back to work yesterday and I normally work from home on a Friday but we have a new telephone system so I had to go in to learn it! We don’t have a physical phone anymore, it all works through our computers! 

10 hours ago, delgirl said:

Saw oncologist today. secondary cancer still not in organs the ones elsewhere in my bones are shrinking so good news still can't believe it.

As the song says "Don't Stop Believing "  That is excellent news, so pleased for you.😀

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

@AndyMichelle Sorry Andy I haven’t had chance to read all the posts, which cruise are you on? So pleased to hear you’re cruising soon.

Morning Sue, 

We are not going until the end of June on Brittania, but need to start getting the weight off... 

First one since before Covid, so very excited. 

Andy 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Morning Sue, 

We are not going until the end of June on Brittania, but need to start getting the weight off... 

First one since before Covid, so very excited. 

Andy 

Brilliant, have a great time when it comes!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, delgirl said:

Hi, havn't posted for a while just been lurking. Saw oncologist today. secondary cancer still not in organs the ones elsewhere in my bones are shrinking so good news still can't believe it. Hubby in hospital ready to have stem cell transplant on monday, so will be on tenderhooks for the next few weeks.

That’s such good news. Hope all goes well for your hubby.

12 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Hi. I'm here 😊

I couldn't log on for ages either, it was quite frustrating.

I can't type much either at the moment, I have a ganglion that's flared up (too much lifting of our 2 year old I expect) so I can only type with my left hand, so short messages only.

I had a ganglion removed from my finger a few years ago, could you look into that?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, delgirl said:

Hi, havn't posted for a while just been lurking. Saw oncologist today. secondary cancer still not in organs the ones elsewhere in my bones are shrinking so good news still can't believe it. Hubby in hospital ready to have stem cell transplant on monday, so will be on tenderhooks for the next few weeks.

I hope that you continue to improve and that everything goes well for your husband.

• Like 1

A chilly morning here, was 4 C when I got up this morning, early as plumber was coming at 8 to fix dripping pipe joint to shower in airing cupboard, no need now for bowl to catch the water. 

Plan to mow lawn for hopefully last time this year, I said that at end of October, it’s now 4 inches long in places. As green bin was emptied yesterday will cutback remaining peony and remove some more Ivy from the wall. Other big job to do is to insulation of the greenhouse for the winter.

Last night I was going through my mom’s photos collection which I appear to have inherited, spotted that she was on a cruise pre 1988 on P&O Sun Princess, somewhere in the Caribbean, lots of landscape photos but no idea where they are as nothing on the back. 🤷‍♂️7BE01EE8-83DD-4039-A024-4ECBF3D75284.thumb.jpeg.010533ecddd1b69f9f65b269857d1b09.jpeg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, delgirl said:

Hope all goes well for you both.

It has been a good news  and bad news day for us.

My niece called round to tell me that she went for a meeting with personnel and the chief nurse at UHNS yesterday and they have agreed that she can return to work after 2.5 years fighting cancer.  It will be a phased return starting with 2 hours per week for the first month.

My husband's cousin rang to let us that her lovely 95 year old mum had died just after 5 am this morning, she was the last of her generation in our family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece called round to tell me that she went for a meeting with personnel and the chief nurse at UHNS yesterday and they have agreed that she can return to work after 2.5 years fighting cancer.  It will be a phased return starting with 2 hours per week for the first month.

My husband's cousin rang to let us that her lovely 95 year old mum had died just after 5 am this morning, she was the last of her generation in our family.

Tried to say how sorry I was for your loss  predictive text kept changing your name to josh. Gave up after several attempts

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good news about your neice, but sorry to hear about the death of another member of the family.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news and our condolences are sent to your husbands cousins family.

Better news for your niece.

Best wishes to you Josy.

Graham.

• Like 3