P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Graham - I returned on 18 November and enjoyed it too.  Eglesbrech  - I think they do have Glasgow flights every week.  I certainly was on one and have another for the same cruise on 24 February.   However. I think you maybe live in East Lothian so Newcastle might be easier for you anyway.   For all you other February Azura cruisers I’m going on the 24th for two weeks.  Maybe some of us are on the same week(s). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Graham - I returned on 18 November and enjoyed it too.  Eglesbrech  - I think they do have Glasgow flights every week.  I certainly was on one and have another for the same cruise on 24 February.   However. I think you maybe live in East Lothian so Newcastle might be easier for you anyway.   For all you other February Azura cruisers I’m going on the 24th for two weeks.  Maybe some of us are on the same week(s). 

See you onboard, we join on 25th Feb but just for a week 

Michelle

Been a cold and dreary day here. Did some food shopping in a very busy Tesco and then once home again got the Christmas Tree and decs out the loft, put it up and decorated it. Bit short of time this year for various reasons so gone minimalist with the 4ft artificial tree and simple decs in blue & silver. Quiet night in front of the tv....

Busy day today, as no fog, first time in 4 days when we have been able to see further than 200m, with clear blue skies and sun this morning the solar lights got a good charging.

Today moved chrysanthemums in greenhouse for winter along with azalea bush & patio rose, the Gazanias I planted in pots last May are still flowering, first time I have seen them flower this late, the rudbeckia also still very much in flower, unusual to say the least, crocuses are now peaking through in the borders, the forecast cold weather should slow things down.

Disinfected the bird feeders today, doing this every they are empty to hopefully reduce the risk of passing bird flu on between species, a few geese at nearby lake have been found dead waiting on DEFRA for results of tests.

Off to craft & artisan food fair a nearby country house tomorrow, might be an expensive day! 

• Like 7

Morning everyone, it looks a cloudy and breezy morning here today.

There is a Christmas Fair on at Fairhaven Lake which is about a 10 minute walk away so we might have a walk there with the dogs.

Hope you all have a nice day whatever you are doing

Michelle

• Like 7

Good morning everyone.

Cold here in Dorset with a not so pleasant drizzle in the air.
Freddie wore his new coat on his walk today. Thought he might object, but he didn’t!

Amazon delivered his Christmas present last night (toys). I didn’t undo the box and just put it at the top of the cupboard in the spare bedroom with doors closed.

At 3am he woke me. I thought he needed to go out into the garden - but no, he ran straight to the cupboard where his present was put and cried!  I was not impressed!

For those footie fans, enjoy the match later (I might even watch a bit too).

Gill

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning everyone.

Cold here in Dorset with a not so pleasant drizzle in the air.
Freddie wore his new coat on his walk today. Thought he might object, but he didn’t!

Amazon delivered his Christmas present last night (toys). I didn’t undo the box and just put it at the top of the cupboard in the spare bedroom with doors closed.

At 3am he woke me. I thought he needed to go out into the garden - but no, he ran straight to the cupboard where his present was put and cried!  I was not impressed!

For those footie fans, enjoy the match later (I might even watch a bit too).

Gill

One year my daughter's dog unwrapped all his Christmas presents that she had put under the tree, but didn't touch any of the others!

Dull and overcast and feeling cold down here, but not a cold as it was yesteray. 

There is a Christmas market out at Heartlands in Pool this weekend so went up there with Mum to have a look around, but didn't end up buying anything. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Very cool and wet today and not much doing.Thinking  about  it if we weren't retired, we would have been on a Christmas works do. I had a cunning plan though. Now we're full time retired (sounds better than pensioners

We made our own works do fo us two😄 Saw this 10z beauty on the menu and thought the turkey  can wait 😍 

20221204_134558.thumb.jpg.e001536a7d06a486299ca852a39c47f6.jpg

• Like 17

We were going to go out for lunch, but in the end I just did my favourite quick meal of microwaved salmon fillet, smashed baby potatoes and broccoli and followed this up with a warm (Lidl) mince pie and coffee. I normally make mince pies, but since my shoulder replacement, some things are not as easy as they once were and so I'm giving them a miss this year.

However, yesterday I made 2 Christmas cakes (only the fruit cake part). Late for me, but again, I wasn't going to bother this year for reason given but I decided to enlist the help of DH ..... who is to food preparation what I am to sky diving! Anyway, we were still speaking at the end of it, and he is good at clearing up 😇.

I sent my air fryer back that I ordered (did not unpack Ninja multi-cooker 15 in one, apart from looking at instructions). After a long discussion with my friend who loves hers, she said 'I don't think it would suit your style of cooking' and although I hadn't voiced this, it had been at the back of my mind. I batch cook so many things - soup, chilli, bolognaise, etc, portion-up and freeze. If I make cake, I always make at least 2 and freeze 1, and if they are loaf-shaped, I'll make 3.

This is a forum with many air fryer devotees. Has anyone else decided against like I have I wonder?

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

This is a forum with many air fryer devotees. Has anyone else decided against like I have I wonder?

Same here,we use the slow cooker a lot and if we put the ovens on we bulk cook and freeze food for later. We seldom fry food and the deep fat fryer got binned a long time ago.

So your not alone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

We were going to go out for lunch, but in the end I just did my favourite quick meal of microwaved salmon fillet, smashed baby potatoes and broccoli and followed this up with a warm (Lidl) mince pie and coffee. I normally make mince pies, but since my shoulder replacement, some things are not as easy as they once were and so I'm giving them a miss this year.

However, yesterday I made 2 Christmas cakes (only the fruit cake part). Late for me, but again, I wasn't going to bother this year for reason given but I decided to enlist the help of DH ..... who is to food preparation what I am to sky diving! Anyway, we were still speaking at the end of it, and he is good at clearing up 😇.

I sent my air fryer back that I ordered (did not unpack Ninja multi-cooker 15 in one, apart from looking at instructions). After a long discussion with my friend who loves hers, she said 'I don't think it would suit your style of cooking' and although I hadn't voiced this, it had been at the back of my mind. I batch cook so many things - soup, chilli, bolognaise, etc, portion-up and freeze. If I make cake, I always make at least 2 and freeze 1, and if they are loaf-shaped, I'll make 3.

We use Ninja Foodi much more than the oven, which is used about once or week, or when baking large amounts. We have used it to cook fish, does it do much better than the oven, so far she have cooked 3 chickens in it, not all at once, and I did a curry recipe the other night, which my wife said was delicious. Today we used it for the croissants & pain au chocolate we had for breakfast, currently cooking salmon fillets. I will be delving in the recipe book we purchased for more recipes to try.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Very cool and wet today and not much doing.Thinking  about  it if we weren't retired, we would have been on a Christmas works do. I had a cunning plan though. Now we're full time retired (sounds better than pensioners

We made our own works do fo us two😄 Saw this 10z beauty on the menu and thought the turkey  can wait 😍 

20221204_134558.thumb.jpg.e001536a7d06a486299ca852a39c47f6.jpg

We had our works do at a restaurant yesterday, just the 2 of us. I didn't take a picture as I imagine you will all know what a roast turkey dinner looks like. DW likes to keep a check on what we spend, so I don't pay much attention to the cost of stuff. Apparently it costs less to eat out than to turn the oven on. That came as a bit of a surprise to me, but like most Ladies she is seldom wrong.....Apparently. 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

The pan in the ninja 15 in one is huge. You can batch cook soup chilli bolognaise etc easily just by varying timings and then freeze. Cook your whole chicken and then separate into freezer tubs. But if you want steak and chips for one, also perfect. 

• Like 3

Great result tonight England.

Looking forward to the game next Saturday against France.

2 Sunderland lads Jordan Pickford and Jordan Henderson had good games.

A Sunderland girl footballer won I'm a Celebrity 👍

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I am not convinced that I would use one enough.  I am a devotee of the good old slow cooker and having sampled chips cooked in an air frier when my sister bought hers about 5 or 6 years ago I was not impressed.  My sister still uses hers regularly and says that it is the best gadget that she has in her kitchen.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, kalos said:

Same here, we use the slow cooker a lot and if we put the ovens on we bulk cook and freeze food for later. We seldom fry food and the deep fat fryer got binned a long time ago.

Word for word, this!

Seems like we are in the minority here though kalos 😉

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kalos said:

Same here,we use the slow cooker a lot and if we put the ovens on we bulk cook and freeze food for later. We seldom fry food and the deep fat fryer got binned a long time ago.

So your not alone. 

When we moved house 23 years ago we got rid of lots of things that we just didn't  use much and the deep fat fryer was one of those things.

Kitchen gadgets are something that I Iike because while I am not obsessive about healthy eating I can control the amounts of salt, sugar, fats etc that we consume at home.  I use my breadmaker, microwave and food processor several times a week and my ice cream maker as and when needed, the coffee machine is used several times daily.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am not convinced that I would use one enough.  I am a devotee of the good old slow cooker and having sampled chips cooked in an air frier when my sister bought hers about 5 or 6 years ago I was not impressed.  My sister still uses hers regularly and says that it is the best gadget that she has in her kitchen.

The ninja 15 is a slow cooker, as well as a pressure cooker, roaster and air fryer etc. 

• Like 1