P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

@BeckettJane, you’ve given us all support, help and advice in the past, particularly when you had information about the vaccine programme that very few of the rest of us had. I’ve not forgotten that, and neither have others. Really pleased you’re back, really pleased you’re in a better place, and really pleased you’re able to get such useful support here.

Can’t offer much help with the smoking, but maybe a few squares of Cadbury’s might help? You know the ones - those 850g squares they sell around Christmas time. I think Amazon still have some………

Harry

Thank so much for your very kind words Harry. They are heartfelt and very much appreciated. Best wishes always. Jane. Xx

• Like 3

1 hour ago, silkworms said:

I have just come back from a three week holiday in Thailand and Singapore and have really enjoyed their different curries and love their way of cooking sticky rice.  So an addition to the recipes is interesting for me even if it offends you.

Thailand is a favourite place of ours, and have visited many times. Which areas did you visit?

Avril

16 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Someone took this yesterday from the bottom of our road, this is similar to what we see from our front window with the neighbours roofs removed, we lovingly refer to the masts as the two towers. We really are blessed.

May be an image of sky and nature

Good idea,do they have a rotating viewing platform to see the Yorkie Moors.

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Good idea,do they have a rotating viewing platform to see the Yorkie Moors.

The platform doesn't rotate, I don't think the general public can actually go up now, probably elf and safety. It does still have a maintenance lift and I imagine there is one hellava view from the top, probably see right across middle earth😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Someone took this yesterday from the bottom of our road, this is similar to what we see from our front window with the neighbours roofs removed, we lovingly refer to the masts as the two towers. We really are blessed.

May be an image of sky and nature

When are they going to dismantle the temporary one Phil?

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not sure John, it should have been down by now, so maybe the work on the original isn't complete, do you remember the old one coming down in 1969?

I certainly do, although I don't remember if the BBC ever  gave us a refund for the loss of programme. I wonder how much back dated compensation would be worth now.!!!!

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I certainly do, although I don't remember if the BBC ever  gave us a refund for the loss of programme. I wonder how much back dated compensation would be worth now.!!!!

Compensation in them days, not likely. I think they only broadcast BBC2 from Emley moor and other stations and some radio from Holme Moss, however could be totally wrong as I was nobbut a sprog.

1 hour ago, silkworms said:

We flew via Singapore to Phuket and stayed in Khao Lak. Very beautiful but very humid. 

We didn't go to any of the islands. We went to Hua Hin, Rayong and of course Bangkok, but Northern Thailand was our regular destination. Beautiful people in a beautiful part of Thailand, and yes, very humid, but we loved it.

Avril

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Compensation in them days, not likely. I think they only broadcast BBC2 from Emley moor and other stations and some radio from Holme Moss, however could be totally wrong as I was nobbut a sprog.

For the genuine story Mr Google would need consulting, but I think you may be right, however Emley moor was initially an ITV transmitter and Holme Moss was BBC, but I think you're right that BBC 2 started from Emley Moor, and then all channels eventually emigrated to Emley Moor. I think it was linked to the then new 625 lines definition, as opposed to the original 405 lines starting format.

• Like 1

Getting used to driving new car, switching from manual to automatic, which standard for most hybrid cars, has been interesting my left leg is keeping still now, but still the temptation to change gear. The Pre collision system is interesting when I come to put car in garage it thinks I am about to collide with back wall regardless of how slow I drive. Other than that really enjoying driving it.

Got boiler service engineer coming tomorrow as we had a fault messaged displayed on boiler and no hot water, resetting fixed the issue, but manual advised the should be checked by engineer give what fault relates too. Boiler still under warranty plus we have a service contract, so no cost involved but best get it checked given the current cold snap. I was pleasantly surprised to get a visit tomorrow when I rang this morning thought it might be a few days. 

• Like 4

Morning hope your ok 🙂

It's a frost covered morning -3.c for us this morning, a very good reason to stay indoors.

Got the C- Heating on so nice and cosy .

There will be a few scraping  their car windows this morning .One bloke tried to do his 

with a Tesco club card but only managed to get 10% off 🙂

I like this cold weather joke 

Wife texts husband on a cold winter’s morning: "Windows frozen, won't open , any ideas ?."
Husband texts back: "Gently pour some lukewarm water over it."
Wife texts .."done that ..now laptops gone dead ,now what ?😉

Take care and keep warm .:classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

21 hours ago, kalos said:

An old guy in the next village is a bit of a serial flasher, said he was going to retire.

But he's now decided to stick it out for another year.🙃😉

I hope he waits until the weather warms up a bit or he could be out of work sooner than he expected😇

By 'eck, it's parky out there this morning, -3c here at the moment. It looks pretty though with  a blue sky and the sun glttering on the frost.

Take care if you're out and about and wrap up well.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

By 'eck, it's parky out there this morning, -3c here at the moment. It looks pretty though with  a blue sky and the sun glttering on the frost.

Same here Avril, it is the first time this winter I remember seeing frost on the cars, we missed the last cold snap, on a cruise don't you know. We did have a nice walk and there were lots of other owd fogies out and about too.

16 Funny Memes for Anyone Who Is Over the Cold Weather

• Haha 6

22 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I ordered a slow cooker from Amazon recently, it took ages to arrive.

It is So called blue Monday today, supposedly the most miserable day of the year, well not in our house it's not.

May be an image of 2 people, child and text that says 'It's Monday again... Oh wait, I'm retired!!!'

Jealous!

I saw this earlier- oh so true! 

4E693427-2661-4EB2-8A82-DC0590E40F61.jpeg

• Like 4

Morning all, very cold here, luckily no snow.

I actually didn’t report in sick yesterday, John’s day off so I got a lift in which makes it easier for me, as I have to walk in the dark. Today is my day off so as they’ve changed my other day in the office from Wednesday to Friday so I won’t have to go in again until Friday. So I’m soildering on at the moment. 

Mum was a bit brighter yesterday but I don’t think she’s going to be home for a while. Just waiting for my grandson to be dropped off at  midday so that will cheer me up.

• Like 12