P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

As long as it didn't put hairs on your chest like I was promised,that didn't work for me either.

Mum would tell me that too. I was 10 before I realised that I didn't want hairs on my chest. Luckily I stopped in time before the effects began😊

Sis

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Woke up this morning with a surreal thought, do Selfridges sell fridges? Do Curry’s sell curry’s? And a blast from the past of my younger days, did Maypole sell maypoles? Can anyone think of any similar quirks?

My underpants say St Micheal on them but I am not Irish and certainly not a saint.

• Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Woke up this morning with a surreal thought, do Selfridges sell fridges? Do Curry’s sell curry’s? And a blast from the past of my younger days, did Maypole sell maypoles? Can anyone think of any similar quirks?

Yes you get this a lot with ancestral names.

My mates Bill Baker said his family can be traced back to being bakers .

Fred Archer told me he'd checked his family name and they had actual archers in their family.

I cant wait to see my mate Barry Dickinson and see what he makes of it .:classic_unsure: 

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Yes you get this a lot with ancestral names.

My mates Bill Baker said his family can be traced back to being bakers .

Fred Archer told me he'd checked his family name and they had actual archers in their family.

I cant wait to see my mate Barry Dickinson and see what he makes of it .:classic_unsure: 

My dad filled in potholes for the council, think that's why he called me Phil, and my sister with one leg longer than the other; Eileen.

• Haha 8

Good Morning Gang

I hope you are all well today and looking forward to a happy Sunday. 

I was supposed to be going out for lunch with the family but I've had to bail because I can't eat following my tooth extraction on Friday. The op site didn't bleed hardly so no blood clot formed to protect the cavity. I've got a follow-up appointment tomorrow as the dentist thought I might get a dry socket - never heard of it. So the good news is I haven't eaten since Friday so weight loss, but the bad news is any weight lost has now accumulated around my jaw. I totally look like a one-cheeked hamster!

FA cup footie on this afternoon and Happy Valley tonight so at least I'm a happy hamster today.

Have a great day everyone.

Best wishes.

Jane. Xx

• Like 15

14 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

We decided over Christmas that we would watch all 9 of the Star Wars Movies by the end of January, we completed the task last night finishing off with the last film “ The Rise of Skywalker”. It’s noticeable who Special Effects and CGI have improved since the first film was released in 1977. 

Now after our film marathon of 20 hours and 39 minutes over the last 4 weeks, next on the agenda The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings Films. 

We watched Yellowstone again from the beginning.  It's surprising have much you missed first time round. DW said now you have read them all, can I give your Agatha Christie books to the charity shop?........Nooooooo!!.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We watched Yellowstone again from the beginning.  It's surprising have much you missed first time round. DW said now you have read them all, can I give your Agatha Christie books to the charity shop?........Nooooooo!!.

Did Richard Kimble ever find the one armed man,I'll have to watch the 120 episodes,bet he was 'armless anyway.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Packing day for us today before travelling to the airport, overnight hotel and 'crack of dawn' early flight via Paris to Rio. We are still not sure if our 4 week land and sea tour of South America will include Peru (highly unlikely IMO due to political violence) in which case we will be back in 3 weeks. Our first week is hectic including Rio, Iguazu Falls and Buenos Aires then a 2 week Princess Cruise around Argentina and Chile including the Falklands (if the weather behaves and we can tender in!). Looking forward to it but at the same time apprehensive due to the complexity of the tour and uncertainty about Peru.

Hope you get to see Peru,my best memory was looking out of our hotel window in the morning 10000ft up and seeing the glaciers above us.Also the penguins on the Falklands on the massive golden beach amongst thousands of them.It was the Southern summer but bloody cold and windy but worth it,good luck,Brian.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We like Yellowstone, I have started watching the prequel "1923" with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Packing day for us today before travelling to the airport, overnight hotel and 'crack of dawn' early flight via Paris to Rio. We are still not sure if our 4 week land and sea tour of South America will include Peru (highly unlikely IMO due to political violence) in which case we will be back in 3 weeks. Our first week is hectic including Rio, Iguazu Falls and Buenos Aires then a 2 week Princess Cruise around Argentina and Chile including the Falklands (if the weather behaves and we can tender in!). Looking forward to it but at the same time apprehensive due to the complexity of the tour and uncertainty about Peru.

That sounds amazing, have a wonderful holiday and I will look forward to your feedback. I probably won’t see it for a while as we are on Iona until the 4th of March. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

That sounds like an amazing trip. Hope you have a wonderful time

Michelle

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, zap99 said:

Early dinner. I did it again Graham. It was a sloppy Guiseppe.🤣

20230128_190203.jpg

My meal today had no crusts or batter to leave. A nice bit of steam cod cooked in garlic butter.  Would have it again as it was very tasty. 20230129_133946.thumb.jpg.1d750dae9b9e88ac60aea3e445327b84.jpg

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Looks very nice indeed, Kalos - and very healthy too. Isn’t Cod a bit unusual for Yorkshire though?

I can only speak for S.Yorks Harry but  cod has always been popular as well as haddock. 

I could have had tuna.salmon to name a few. We have more choice these days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

I can only speak for S.Yorks Harry but  cod has always been popular as well as haddock. 

I could have had tuna.salmon to name a few. We have more choice these days. 

I'm probably thinking more of the area round Hull, maybe.  As an (ex) Southerner I used to stick rigidly to Cod, until we lived for a while in an area where they wouldn't touch it.  The I discovered the joys of haddock, which down south a lot think of as somehow inferior. Haven't eaten Cod for years now.

Yours does look good!

• Like 3

Afternoon all.

My parents got back from their cruise yesterday morning, it didn’t go fantastically well 🥴 Dad was scammed out of a large sum of money in Tenerife, which meant he was stressed for 3/4 of the holiday. They were a group of 5, and 3 of them, including mum have tested positive for covid today. Mum started coughing and feeling rough last night 🥴

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Afternoon all.

My parents got back from their cruise yesterday morning, it didn’t go fantastically well 🥴 Dad was scammed out of a large sum of money in Tenerife, which meant he was stressed for 3/4 of the holiday. They were a group of 5, and 3 of them, including mum have tested positive for covid today. Mum started coughing and feeling rough last night 🥴

I am sorry that they had such bad luck, I hope it hasn't put them of cruising.  It seems that tourists are sometimes considered easy targets by scammers.

I hope that your mum and the other Covid suffers don't get too ill.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Afternoon all.

Sorry to hear this, fingers crossed she doesn’t get too ill and recovers quickly 

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1