P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Mrs W's birthday today, and as it was her Greatest Day, this seemed an appropriate wine to drink.

I obviously had to have a glass first, to make sure the wine met my wife's exacting standards! 

IMG_20230325_193247525.jpg

Morrisons have a 6 bottles of wine get 25% off offer. We needed some cooking wine. We saw Gary's wine. DW said " shall I take that "....nah....Happy birthday Mrs Wowzz🥂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Time travel is no longer possible, Delorean cars are no longer in production!!!!

Hold your horses,why did all those blue police boxes seem to disappear overnight.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Morrisons have a 6 bottles of wine get 25% off offer. We needed some cooking wine. We saw Gary's wine. DW said " shall I take that "....nah....Happy birthday Mrs Wowzz🥂

Yup, that's where we got it. The wine was OK, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was on offer. 

• Like 1

When I was littlle my mum would make stew from neck of lamb, just that, with potatoes, carrots and onions, a cheap hard up meal.  Almost the cheapest meat there was.

All change, today we are going for lunch in a bistro type restaurant in Canterbury which was a Police Station/prison back in the day.   There on the menu, which ranges from about £15 up to the mid £20s is neck of lamb priced at £21.50  (beef is £16.95).   How times change!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

When I was littlle my mum would make stew from neck of lamb, just that, with potatoes, carrots and onions, a cheap hard up meal.  Almost the cheapest meat there was.

All change, today we are going for lunch in a bistro type restaurant in Canterbury which was a Police Station/prison back in the day.   There on the menu, which ranges from about £15 up to the mid £20s is neck of lamb priced at £21.50  (beef is £16.95).   How times change!

We had shoulder of lamb,mainly fat.Arm and a leg nowdays,no pun intended (well,sort of).

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We used to call the neck scrag end, very nice stew it was too, sometimes we had mutton which was a bit chewy. Brisket was also a cheap joint back in the day, not so now.

• Like 2

The times I was sent to our village butchers to buy something like pigs liver and 

providing you were spending in his shop , if you asked he would give you some

bones for the dog .

These days the dogs don't get a look, when it comes to a marrowbone as

these too are classed as a tasty meal in some places you can eat out .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We used to call the neck scrag end, very nice stew it was too, sometimes we had mutton which was a bit chewy. Brisket was also a cheap joint back in the day, not so now.

When I was a lad there was a pub we called scragg end.🫣

Edited by zap99

6 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Can't say I have eaten dog, knowingly that is.

Cheers ,I omitted a few words out .

At this point I must point out that no dogs were eaten or harmed in anyway during my

childhood as far as I know 🥴

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Can't say I have eaten dog, knowingly that is.

On Diamond Princess we only had a half day in Busan and can swear we went back to the ship for lunch.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

On Diamond Princess we only had a half day in Busan and can swear we went back to the ship for lunch.

We are stopping off in Busan with a trip booked with meal included in May. I think I will take some fruit. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We are stopping off in Busan with a trip booked with meal included in May. I think I will take some fruit. 

Be sure to visit the fish market.The aroma is too die for.Well it nearly killed my mrs.

• Haha 6

Just now, brian1 said:

Be sure to visit the fish market.The aroma is too die for.Well it nearly killed my mrs.

That is part of ou trip, I do like the markets so many weird and wonderful things to see, when you see some of the fish it makes you wonder who saw them and thought "that looks yummy"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

That is part of ou trip, I do like the markets so many weird and wonderful things to see, when you see some of the fish it makes you wonder who saw them and thought "that looks yummy"

Don't worry my mrs hates the smell of fish and that market makes Billingsgate look like a fish stall.Most ships tour grub has been good for us so far.Even in Vietnam we had a lovely meal by a river in the countryside.Enjoy,Brian.

• Thanks 1

After a hectic morning and two trips down to Asda, I'm pleased to say that everything is made. My eldest daughter made the birthday cake with the help of my third daughter, and my fourth daughter has just arrived to help transport everything over to my other daughter's for the party. All I need to do now is get changed and drive over and collect Mum. 

20230326_132527.jpg

20230326_134245.jpg

20230326_132403.jpg

• Like 8