P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

No, you are not alone!  I usually do Wordle but DH is a dedicated Wordle, Quordle, Nerdle and Waffle fan.  Has to be done every day - not sure how he is going to manage on sea days!  

Likewise. The new Sequence Quordle is quite interesting too and the Deluxe Waffle is a challenge.  I usually manage to do it but despite my best efforts (thinking I've not wasted any moves) hardly ever have more than a couple of stars left.  But I like a challenge!  Byrdle can be a bit odd sometimes - answers can be a bit obscure, at least for me, and sometimes only guessed by eliminating letters by trial and error until an answer doesn't go red! 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2023 at 3:15 PM, pete14 said:

I was quite impressed for a change. As I am currently in Wales (with my phone), the message was in Welsh followed by the English version. I assume the message was the same on each.

I hear there was a spelling mistake on the Welsh bit, so best not to say anything locally .....

We got our test signal on both phones - one turned on and the other (just out of curiosity) with the sound / vibrate switched off. They went off in unison at 2.59. We moved them to the kitchen though - the cat was snoozing happily on the settee so didn't want to freak her out 😉

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I hear there was a spelling mistake on the Welsh bit, so best not to say anything locally .....

I noticed it straightaway of course but thought it best not to say anything. 🥴

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jennizor said:

We have become addicted to Wordscapes. We were second in this week’s competition but it’s becoming a bit boring so we need to look for something different.

I do Wordscapes. I’ve been doing it on and off since about 2017. I only do one or two a day, and a few on a Sunday for the tournament, just enough to get some points towards the crowns.

I also like Cody Cross (a crossword game) and I have a jigsaw puzzle app. I’ve recently started a match 3 game, similar to Candy Crush, which is making a nice change. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Anyone else still doing Wordle, Quordle etc?  I enjoy doing them (the dailies accompany my morning cuppa) but I've been trying - and failing miserably - to attain the 500 practice successes in a row with Quordle.  I did make it as high as 330 towards the end of last year but haven't got anywhere near that since.  You get on online 'Achievement' trophy if you manage it 😂. I know, I know ..... think of all the good books I could be reading, or stuff I could/should be sorting and chucking!

Worse still, I've just bought a new iPad, and my AlphaBetty word game has reset when I had completed all 920 levels ..... so here I go again .... 😁

It's not as bad as it sounds in my defence. I do much of this, apart from the dailies, when the TV is on in the evening and if it's something I'm not especially interested in.

Am I alone in my affection for online word games?

I have never done Wordle.

I do post a lot on CC.

• Haha 5

My husband, niece and I are all still doing wordle every day.  My niece and I try to beat each other,  we do the wordle then block out the words and WhatsApp it to the other  when we have both done it we send each other our answer.

• Like 1

It has been a while since we booked with P&O but have seen a cruise that we would now like to book but when I try to book online I can't select my cabin, it says :

"Cabin number assigned prior to sailing" does anyone know how I can select my cabin number ?

I am try to book a Select price for November 2024.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It has been a while since we booked with P&O but have seen a cruise that we would now like to book but when I try to book online I can't select my cabin, it says :

"Cabin number assigned prior to sailing" does anyone know how I can select my cabin number ?

I am try to book a Select price for November 2024.

This has happened to me when I am looking for available cabins.

When I select the cabin grade (balcony) the next step it usually gives available cabins.

With select there has been large obc on a lot of sailings so see what is available.

You could see what your TA has available.

5 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Feel poorly after coming back from the cruise. Hubby started on the last day and now I am. Feels like a head cold. Typical 

Sorry to hear that, it's a bit of a downer, so let's hope it's short-lived!  And at least you have time to be fully recovered for your Florida trip 💐

3 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I can cope with this weather but any hotter and we would be wilting. Good job it’s our last stop! 

The forecast in my bit of south west Lancashire for this evening is 1°C so brace yourself for re-entry! May the blue skies and calm seas remain with you in the Bay of Biscay 🤞

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Sorry to hear that, it's a bit of a downer, so let's hope it's short-lived!  And at least you have time to be fully recovered for your Florida trip 💐

Not much would stop me from Disney after 4 year of waiting 

• Haha 3