P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, brian1 said:

Thanks mate.How do you do that.There are a few on here who would like to know,lol.

First I am on a note book /laptop .

Click to save picture to desk top 

On saved picture (Right click) and select  open with options 

> select paint   ...  I can   now rotate photo left or right 

Once done top left corner select file 

Chose save as J Peg photo  and save /replace to desktop ..

tip .. Always leave a few spaces between your writing and photo  .

If your on a phone then someone like Graham may help you with the phones edit system .

• Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My mum said jokingly to my daughter after finishing her dinner 'Have you had elegant sufficiency?' She thought for a moment and replied 'Yes thank you nanny, I've had elephants and fish in the sea' 😁

We still say it now in fun

That one took me back Avril.  My mum used to use the phrase 'elegant sufficiency' - I wonder where that came from?  Probably ITMA or a similar wartime radio show 😁

After DH told one of our grandsons, then aged about 3, that he had been bitten by a horse fly, he went home and told his mother that his grandad had been bitten by a rocking horse! 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Cats are far cleverer than dogs, our cat used to just look at us meow and walk to the cupboard to let us know when he wanted a treat.

A lovely sunny morning here.

My dog does exactly the same apart from the meow…..🤣🐶

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

That one took me back Avril.  My mum used to use the phrase 'elegant sufficiency' - I wonder where that came from?  Probably ITMA or a similar wartime radio show 😁

After DH told one of our grandsons, then aged about 3, that he had been bitten by a horse fly, he went home and told his mother that his grandad had been bitten by a rocking horse! 

Mum would always say it, so I hadn't given the phrase much thought, but your reply got me thinking, so off to Professor Google I went.  According to the Prof, the phrase first appears in James Thompson's 1728 poem 'Spring' and had nothing to do with food.

Another little snippet of usless information😁

Have a lovely day everyone whether on land or sea.

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For those who were interested in Dutch Decoy's exploits at Goodwood, I've just heard that he has been "borrowed" for Saturday!  He has this week been entered in one of the Shergar Cup races at Ascot - the 15.20.  12 will run with 2 substitutes, currently he is No.23 so a lot will need to be balloted out for him to run.  

The Shergar Cup is an annual team race for jockeys, they are awarded points on their finishing position, points are scored down to 5th place. As a result if Decoy does get in there will be no idea who's riding him until an hour before. Also because of the points system all the jockeys ride out their horses to try to get in the top five. Will be interesting,.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I did it on porpoise.🐬

I used to work as a programmer for autocorrect...
but the bus fried me for no raisin. I told him to go burn in hail.
 I also found out that the inventor of autocorrect died last beak,
his  funnel will be held tomato in a lurch .Should you attend please 
do not bring any powers with you .🙃

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

I used to work as a programmer for autocorrect...
but the bus fried me for no raisin. I told him to go burn in hail.
 I also found out that the inventor of autocorrect died last week,
his  funnel will be held tomato in a lurch .Should you attend please 
do not bring any powers with you .🙃

If you use strange words, auto correct gets discombobulated and throws its trays out of the prom. Sometimes your pasts come hoot lick a loan from allo,allo.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

For those who were interested in Dutch Decoy's exploits at Goodwood, I've just heard that he has been "borrowed" for Saturday

When I collect my last week's winnings I was going to put a small bit on his run on 24th.    I presume it is unlikely he will run this Saturday.  I'll have a look nearer the time.

I enjoyed my little flutter last week!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

When I collect my last week's winnings I was going to put a small bit on his run on 24th.    I presume it is unlikely he will run this Saturday.  I'll have a look nearer the time.

I enjoyed my little flutter last week!

I'll keep you informed.  It's probably a good bet he won't run but he never seems tired and often runs twice close together.

3 hours ago, kalos said:

First I am on a note book /laptop .

Click to save picture to desk top 

On saved picture (Right click) and select  open with options 

> select paint   ...  I can   now rotate photo left or right 

Once done top left corner select file 

Chose save as J Peg photo  and save /replace to desktop ..

tip .. Always leave a few spaces between your writing and photo  .

If your on a phone then someone like Graham may help you with the phones edit system .

I use an Android phone.

Click on photo.

Click download link.

Go into my phone files and press rotate.

Crop photo.

Re post photo.

Screenshot_20230809_132129_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230809_132208_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20230809_132224_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20230809_132823_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20230809_132841.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went out at lunchtime, was around 19C, did a bit of shopping, in my case a pair of walking trainers, well that’s what I went out for, in the end I purchased beach flip flops, a pair of shoes and a pair of casual slip on shoes as well as waking shoes. Probably the most number of footwear items I have ever purchased in one go, but the first shoes I have purchased post Covid, so tomorrow will be sorting through my current pairs and send some for recycling in council shoe bank. 

When we left the shopping centre temperature had risen to 24C, dinner on the patio tonight I think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning everyone, hope you are ok today. Looks like it’s going to be a warm sunny day here today. 

It was nice yesterday too. I was in St Annes and on a Weds they have Sounds in the Square with a different singer each week, people were up dancing, it was lovely.

I also saw my oncologist again yesterday, after checking my histology results and mammogram again they have decided I don’t need any further treatment except yearly mammogram’s for five years to keep an eye on me. I am very relieved with that.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I don’t need any further treatment except yearly mammogram’s for five years to keep an eye on me. I am very relieved with that.

Well that's excellent news and I imagine a great weight off your shoulders !

I bet that put a smile on your face 😀  Pleased for you ...Take care Michelle🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are ok today. Looks like it’s going to be a warm sunny day here today. 

It was nice yesterday too. I was in St Annes and on a Weds they have Sounds in the Square with a different singer each week, people were up dancing, it was lovely.

I also saw my oncologist again yesterday, after checking my histology results and mammogram again they have decided I don’t need any further treatment except yearly mammogram’s for five years to keep an eye on me. I am very relieved with that.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

That's really good news. 

We'll have to meet up for a drink to celebrate, and perhaps I'll be all clear by then too.🤞

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

That's great news Michelle. I'm happy for you. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sun is trying it's hardest to get out down here, but looking out earlier this morning it was very misty and looked as though we were in for another dull and drizzly day. 

I'm taking the train up to Plymouth this morning to go shopping to get things I need for my cruise, which is coming around quickly now - only five weeks! Where did that time go?

• Like 4