P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning All

It's going to be a very warm day down South today. I've just been out for a walk with His Lordship and it's really lovely. We don't go out when it's too hot because of his pads getting burnt.

Well I've had a great week so far. I had a birthday recently and I looked in the mirror and thought I looked a real frump. So, my shoulder-length brown curly hair is now heavily highlighted and cut short - inspired, I have to say, by the photo of Michelle on CC so thanks Michelle!

I've also decided to book the Queen Anne cruise I saw recently - in December 24 for 7 days. I'm doing that today.

I just need to lose 4 stone now to go with the hair and the cruise!

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the two days of Summer we are promised.

Best wishes to all. Jane xx

• Like 19

45 minutes ago, purplesea said:

That's really good news. 

We'll have to meet up for a drink to celebrate, and perhaps I'll be all clear by then too.🤞

We will definitely meet up for a drink and hopefully it will be a double celebration 

Michelle

• Like 6

A lovely sunny day here, the washing is out on the line drying.

DH is going to do some little jobs around the garden, including paintng the fence and trimming the hedges.

Have a great day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

• Like 4

A glorious sunny day here in North Wales.  Charlie has had his walk and breakfast and I think I need a lie down now. Drinks with the Prestos in the beer / wine / cocktails garden later so it will probably have clouded over by then.

• Like 7

Good morning all ☺️

🎵 Oh what a beautiful morning. Oh what a beautiful day🎵 and a particularly beautiful one for @Peanut006 I'm so pleased for you Michelle. My friend was told the same thing over 35 years ago and she's still cancer free.

@Beckett Belated birthday wishes Jane💐 

20c at the moment 26c later and a clear sky, so I think it's a lazy day under the sun brollies for us. My Kindle is calling. A large Greek salad with crusty bread, and fresh fruit salad with ice cream for dinner tonight, so no cooking today for me either. Ooh I'm so spoilt😁

Enjoy this beautiful day everyone whether on land or sea.x

Avril

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are ok today. Looks like it’s going to be a warm sunny day here today. 

It was nice yesterday too. I was in St Annes and on a Weds they have Sounds in the Square with a different singer each week, people were up dancing, it was lovely.

I also saw my oncologist again yesterday, after checking my histology results and mammogram again they have decided I don’t need any further treatment except yearly mammogram’s for five years to keep an eye on me. I am very relieved with that.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

This is fantastic news Michelle.

I'm really pleased for you.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Morning All

It's going to be a very warm day down South today. I've just been out for a walk with His Lordship and it's really lovely. We don't go out when it's too hot because of his pads getting burnt.

Well I've had a great week so far. I had a birthday recently and I looked in the mirror and thought I looked a real frump. So, my shoulder-length brown curly hair is now heavily highlighted and cut short - inspired, I have to say, by the photo of Michelle on CC so thanks Michelle!

I've also decided to book the Queen Anne cruise I saw recently - in December 24 for 7 days. I'm doing that today.

I just need to lose 4 stone now to go with the hair and the cruise!

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the two days of Summer we are promised.

Best wishes to all. Jane xx

Happy belated birthday Jane.

Good luck booking your cruise today.

Graham xx

happy-birthday-party-hat.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are ok today. Looks like it’s going to be a warm sunny day here today. 

It was nice yesterday too. I was in St Annes and on a Weds they have Sounds in the Square with a different singer each week, people were up dancing, it was lovely.

I also saw my oncologist again yesterday, after checking my histology results and mammogram again they have decided I don’t need any further treatment except yearly mammogram’s for five years to keep an eye on me. I am very relieved with that.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Brilliant news. So pleased for you. Can't imagine the relief. Time to celebrate today in the sunshine!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

A glorious sunny day here in North Wales.  Charlie has had his walk and breakfast and I think I need a lie down now. Drinks with the Prestos in the beer / wine / cocktails garden later so it will probably have clouded over by then.

I'm usually the Eeyore type ...... have to agree though 😉 For now we are relaxing having walked the cat ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I'm usually the Eeyore type ...... have to agree though 😉 For now we are relaxing having walked the cat ........

You hold have brought the cat up to meet Charlie 😊 On second thoughts, probably best you didn’t.

• Haha 3

Anyone on here drive a Seat ?  I have received an invite to a weekend  special event 17th-21st August where special financial incentives will be offered to trade in my car. I phoned the garage in Wakefield, the salesman said he didn't know the details but they had been told  it was a very good incentive for selected customers! I warned him that he better not be wasting my time and booked a slot for the 18th. Anyone else had similar ? I'm too long in the tooth to believe car salesman, but who knows ?

On 8/9/2023 at 10:50 AM, indiana123 said:

When I collect my last week's winnings I was going to put a small bit on his run on 24th.    I presume it is unlikely he will run this Saturday.  I'll have a look nearer the time.

I enjoyed my little flutter last week!

As expected Dutch Decoy is a non runner on Saturday so is aimed for York on the 24th as originally planned.

Big excitement for me, my other horse First Folio is declared at Newmarket on Saturday.  His last three entries have all been stopped by the weather as he only likes good ground.  He is a highly rated horse though and the handicap is very hard on him since he won a big race at York the year before last.  That said he is my "baby" and no matter what happens I'll be screaming him home on Saturday and his odds are very high for a horse of his talent.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

As expected Dutch Decoy is a non runner on Saturday so is aimed for York on the 24th as originally planned.

Big excitement for me, my other horse First Folio is declared at Newmarket on Saturday.  His last three entries have all been stopped by the weather as he only likes good ground.  He is a highly rated horse though and the handicap is very hard on him since he won a big race at York the year before last.  That said he is my "baby" and no matter what happens I'll be screaming him home on Saturday and his odds are very high for a horse of his talent.

Is it fair to say that alliteration plays a big part in the naming of the horses you’re involved with? May have a little flutter on First Folio on Saturday and certainly Dutch Decoy on the 24th as he owes me nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Is it fair to say that alliteration plays a big part in the naming of the horses you’re involved with? May have a little flutter on First Folio on Saturday and certainly Dutch Decoy on the 24th as he owes me nothing.

Certainly with First Folio, yes. Dutch Decoy I'm not so sure to be honest.  First Folio is very special to me as he was a present from a friend who has now sadly passed away.  In his first race after he arrived in the UK he romped home at Great Yarmouth at 20-1 and myself and everyone in the training yard made a lot of money on him.

He needs the right conditions but still has a rating of 98 despite this season not being so good to date.  We think he might have odds around 12/1 on Saturday so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Such good news Michelle, I’m so pleased for you xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good day for getting washing dry though 😉🙃

I thought that but my load went out at 8.30am and some of it's still damp!  Rain again tomorrow I've just been told so hope it holds off until late evening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Anyone else had similar ? I'm too long in the tooth to believe car salesman, but who knows ?

Going back about 15 years ago I got an invitation to test drive a Citron at a Doncaster main

dealership . Totally out of the blue and I had no dealings with them but if I did the test drive 

I would be the proud owner of a Thermos cool bag with all the knives forks plates etc .

Same as you I thought where is the catch ?

There wasn't one just asked me  to take it a spin and if I liked the car and would I like to buy one ?

Told him "No thanks"  and that was it, he handed over the picnic bag and thanked me for my

time . Never heard off them since . 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

Going back about 15 years ago I got an invitation to test drive a Citron at a Doncaster main

dealership . Totally out of the blue and I had no dealings with them but if I did the test drive 

I would be the proud owner of a Thermos cool bag with all the knives forks plates etc .

Same as you I thought where is the catch ?

There wasn't one just asked me  to take it a spin and if I liked the car and would I like to buy one ?

Told him "No thanks"  and that was it, he handed over the picnic bag and thanked me for my

time . Never heard off them since . 

The Seat garage is one I have bought three cars from and been happy with the deals. I am hoping there will be a worthwhile package. I warned the salesman had better not be a wasted journey. At the present time they are giving a £2000 discount on an Arona, it better be more than that !

• Like 1