P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Wind and heavy rain here in Bolton. A gust of wind has blown a large pot of the patio. The Bottle Brush shrub is not damaged but the pot is almost in half. Going out for lunch with friends at 12 but only a short drive and hopefully we will not be too bedraggled after getting from the car to the pub.

• Like 8

Afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today in this horrible weather. A large climbing bush/tree has been blown off our garden fence and has snapped so a bit of tidying the garden when the weather calms down. 

We have grandchildren(and parents)visiting from Whitley Bay for the weekend, so looking forward to that.

It’s the World Fireworks championships tonight in Blackpool but the weather doesn’t look great unfortunately.

Hope you all have a nice day and weekend

Michelle

• Like 8

The rain has finally eased, hopefully it will stop all .

I am glad that we decided that we would not go out for our usual Friday lunch.  I decided to make tomato and basil soup and a fresh loaf.  I know so many people consider their airfryer to be their most used kitchen gadget but for me it is my bread maker closely followed by the soup maker, the airfryer is my least used gadget.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today in this horrible weather. A large climbing bush/tree has been blown off our garden fence and has snapped so a bit of tidying the garden when the weather calms down. 

We have grandchildren(and parents)visiting from Whitley Bay for the weekend, so looking forward to that.

It’s the World Fireworks championships tonight in Blackpool but the weather doesn’t look great unfortunately.

Hope you all have a nice day and weekend

Michelle

We decided not to come for the fireworks. I think they will probably be cancelled. Luckily I booked the Premier Inn so no charge

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pete14 said:

Thanks Josy. I will do my best but the beautiful weather of yesterday is a thing of the past. Heavy rain through the night and continuing. 

Got back OK through the rainy tempest. Roads in Cheshire were flooded or partially flooded in places, not helped by us being diverted down some narrow country lanes because the main road was closed by an accident. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The rain has finally eased, hopefully it will stop all .

I am glad that we decided that we would not go out for our usual Friday lunch.  I decided to make tomato and basil soup and a fresh loaf.  I know so many people consider their airfryer to be their most used kitchen gadget but for me it is my bread maker closely followed by the soup maker, the airfryer is my least used gadget.

My soup maker is a very large pot which my nephew refers to as my cauldron and I make all my bread but by hand. I had a bread maker many years ago but you used to lose half the loaf as it was stuck to the inner coil, I assume that they are much more advanced and efficient now. A decent one might save me standing needing for ages, can I ask what you use please.

My most used gadget is my slow cooker, particularly at this time of the year. I use it to make soup stocks overnight as well from chicken bones, shanks, mutton or boiling beef.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

My soup maker is a very large pot which my nephew refers to as my cauldron and I make all my bread but by hand. I had a bread maker many years ago but you used to lose half the loaf as it was stuck to the inner coil, I assume that they are much more advanced and efficient now. A decent one might save me standing needing for ages, can I ask what you use please.

My most used gadget is my slow cooker, particularly at this time of the year. I use it to make soup stocks overnight as well from chicken bones, shanks, mutton or boiling beef.

My breadmaker is a Morphy Richards, it is my 2nd one.  I got my first one when DH had heart valve surgery and I decided that there was to much sugar and salt in shop bread, so I have not bought bread for over 15 years.

I also use my slow cooker a lot particularly during the autumn and winter months, we have had lamb shanks and a roast chicken cooked in it this week.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My breadmaker is a Morphy Richards, it is my 2nd one.  I got my first one when DH had heart valve surgery and I decided that there was to much sugar and salt in shop bread, so I have not bought bread for over 15 years.

I also use my slow cooker a lot particularly during the autumn and winter months, we have had lamb shanks and a roast chicken cooked in it this week.

Thanks I’ll take a look at that. I make all my own bread for exactly the same reason, much less salt and no sugar at all in the home made variety.

• Like 3

That's me all jabbed up and nowhere to go in this weather.

Still lashing it down causing local floods ,one of the farmers fields is getting washed down our country lane .

Leeds Bradford airport had a TUI Corfu flight aquaplaned on landing ,ending up off the runway .

Thankfully no one was  hurt .

• Like 13

3 hours ago, happy v said:

We decided not to come for the fireworks. I think they will probably be cancelled. Luckily I booked the Premier Inn so no charge

It is very windy here, on the popular social media site it was saying earlier they were going ahead. I don’t think it will be pleasant stood on the prom watching. We went a few weeks ago to watch and it was fab but won’t be going tonight 

Michelle

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks I’ll take a look at that. I make all my own bread for exactly the same reason, much less salt and no sugar at all in the home made variety.

I gave my bread maker to my nephew. It used to drive me insane. Hours to make a very small loaf. Which I couldn't get out of the tin. I now use my Kitchen Aid to knead my bread

• Like 1

I saw a GP today, so exciting as it's a rare occurrence round here.

We had a chat and in 5 minutes sorted what half a dozen virtuals couldn't.

Family all coming tonight.  They want fish and chips from the van up the road.  House is decorated as it was my daughter's birthday a few days ago.  Then it's on to non woke or pc games and a lot of wine and noise!!!

Edited by indiana123
my spelling
  • Like 14

3 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I saw a GP today, so exciting as it's a rare occurrence round here.

We had a chat and in 5 minutes sorted what half a dozen virtuals couldn't.

Family all coming tonight.  They want fish and chips from the van up the rod.  House is decorated as it was my daughter's birthday a few days ago.  Then it's on to non woke or pc games and a lot of wine and noise!!!

Hope you have a lovely evening x

• Like 4

The area where I was born and brought up is the one that's in the middle of the red warning. Apart from the wind, rain and high seas... some of the cliffs are cut out of boulder clay and so mud-slides are also a danger.

So very different from this photo that we took in Budapest just a couple of days ago. People keep telling us that the Danube isn't blue anymore. That's the beauty of urban myths... its great when they're wrong!

DSC_3903.thumb.jpeg.6c85d7445f021140fb35a952e7e3a5b4.jpeg

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just received a text from my sister, my niece is being allowed home from hospital this evening and is currently sitting waiting for her meds to be sent up to the ward so that she can come home. 

I hope they are quicker than our hospitals, or she could still be there at midnight!

I hope she manages to have an uneventful weekend.

• Like 3