P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Sorry to hear that - and I must admit hoping that is not what has happened to me.  If that is what can happen, I would be completely put off having any more jabs.  They don't tell you about this sort of thing,  do they?  Or no one would have any jabs.

No, I have never been warned but Harry’s post sound as though it will resolve itself eventually.

2 hours ago, Lizzyanne said:

My daughter still has problems with her shoulder after last year’s flu jab, she thinks that a nerve has been damaged. Apparently this can take a few months to recover from but it has been over 12 months now, she has an appointment with the GP but is not very hopeful.

I hope her GP can find a solution for your daughter's pain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

Spot certainly got a result. You should be very proud.🐕

Thanks Zap,we were worried that they might get fed up with the usual puppy things of chewing everything in sight and humping,lol.They've only had a cat before so this photo is reassuring.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

That could be my house after they all leave!!

Michelle

I know the feeling, we have no grand children but when our nieces brings their toddlers to visit we are left  to pick up the toys that we keep here for them to  play with when they visit.

• Like 2

@lincslady  It may or may not help, but I don’t think it would do any harm to try rubbing some Voltarol gel onto the sore bit.  You can combine using it with taking the standard paracetamol dose too.  If that could offer you, even a little more, refreshing sleep that could brighten your life considerably 

Talking of which … clock change!  It feels like an argument as old as time. I wish someone would just make a decision and stick with it.  Even though it’s only an hour each time, and even though I have all the time in the world with no 9-5 routine, I find it really disruptive for several days

Anyway - must get on.  Get the dog walk done before the rain returns.  What a lot I heard in the night -it was really hammering

Hope everyone’s day is good

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Eddie.  This morning woke up - no pain - suddenly half an hour later pain - quite noticeable in shoulder and arm, like a bruised feeling.  I do think it is a nerve, as it now comes and goes.  Fine at present, so very hopefully just temporary.  But it is definitely not just the normal sore muscle, which fades gradually, usually within two days.  I hope mine stays away and more importantly the other people suffering for long periods get it sorted.  Paracetamol does help for a few hours.

Sorry to you all to seem like a moaner, I am generally cheerful and really put things like this on here to see if it is just me, or a known problem - which this obviously is, if unusual.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Talking of which … clock change!  It feels like an argument as old as time. I wish someone would just make a decision and stick with it.  Even though it’s only an hour each time, and even though I have all the time in the world with no 9-5 routine, I find it really disruptive for several day

Hope everyone’s day is good

I quite look forward to the extra daylight in the morning after we put clochs back in autumn, and am even more pleased with the extra daylight in the evening when we put them forward in spring. So I am happy to stick with the current system.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Sorry to you all to seem like a moaner, I am generally cheerful and really put things like this on here to see if it is just me, or a known problem - which this obviously is, if unusual.

You NEVER come across that way. That’s one great thing about this group - it’s very supportive, but nobody ever comes across as moaning or complaining. Unless it’s about the green beans, of course!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Sorry, Eddie - just seen that I put haha when I meant thanks!  Fat fingers.

You can change your reaction :-

like, thanks,haha at any time unlike your posts where you only have a short time to edit.

It is sunny now and 12°C.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Thanks, Graham.  I'm learning all the time.  I wish (I expect a lot of us do) that we had a few more emojis expressing different things, like sympathy and empathy, and 'aaah' when we get a photo of a gorgeous pet or baby.  And maybe even  disagreeing.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

All mine are stuck on the case of my kindle!

Mine is on my phone case. After the jab last year we went to Nando's for lunch. Can we have a table for 2 please ?. Look, I've had my jab. I showed the young Lady my sticker. DW told her....he'll grow up one day.🤣

• Haha 6

A nice bright sunny day here at present, but rain is forecast again for later.

We were eating our meal the night before last and was suddenly plunged into darkness as we had a power cut.  Went to put on the dishwasher last night and it was displaying a foreign language, Russian I think 🤷‍♀️ After paying a visit to Mr Google it is now back to English!😊

Happy Birthday to both Graham and Splice the Mainbrace. Hope you both have a great day.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2