P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I've been a bit lax in my reading of these boards lately, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before. Booths, a high-end northern supermarket chain is axing self-service check outs at most of its stores as a result of customer feedback!  What a novelty.  I have one not too far from me and having regular Tesco deliveries I don't visit that much, but I am intending to up my visits from now on.

I use Booths every week, not for a main shop (too expensive) but I do buy bits there, the deli counter is always good, and the cafe of course. Our self serve tills have gone, it is nice to speak to a person at the till, although I have been told that some customers like the self serve tills especially those who just go in for a sandwich for lunch for example 

Michelle

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If you have your bank app on your phone you should get a notification of any in or outgoing payments Dave.

I don't have a bank app on my phone for two reasons. I don't do any financial transactions via an app and  i get online access from my PC.

I checked my credit card account this morning and there is no payment pending so P&O have not processed it yet. I will try again later but I don't want to end up paying twice!. I will try using the phone option before travelling tomorrow or on Thursday morning. My hotel is Premier Inn West Quay with P&O HQ next door so I could try them,🙄 otherwise can you pay a balance on board ship?

• Like 3

We’re half way through our busy week. We drove down to Devon from Cheshire on Sunday afternoon, stayed overnight in a hotel (accommodation good but food bad), went to my Uncle funeral yesterday then drove back up in the afternoon.

Now we have 2 days at home before travelling down to Southampton on Thursday for our 12 days on Queen Victoria starting on Friday. We’re looking forward to getting on board and having a relaxing pre Christmas cruise to the Canaries.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I don't have a bank app on my phone for two reasons. I don't do any financial transactions via an app and  i get online access from my PC.

I checked my credit card account this morning and there is no payment pending so P&O have not processed it yet. I will try again later but I don't want to end up paying twice!. I will try using the phone option before travelling tomorrow or on Thursday morning. My hotel is Premier Inn West Quay with P&O HQ next door so I could try them,🙄 otherwise can you pay a balance on board ship?

Yet another good reason for booking with a reliable online TA, who has a human at the end of their phone lines.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

I only have my bank apps on my phone for security reasons to get instant notifications of any payments in or out of my account.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We’re half way through our busy week. We drove down to Devon from Cheshire on Sunday afternoon, stayed overnight in a hotel (accommodation good but food bad), went to my Uncle funeral yesterday then drove back up in the afternoon.

Now we have 2 days at home before travelling down to Southampton on Thursday for our 12 days on Queen Victoria starting on Friday. We’re looking forward to getting on board and having a relaxing pre Christmas cruise to the Canaries.

Sorry to hear about your uncles funeral.

Your cruise sounds fantastic,I hope you have an amazing time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, purplesea said:

It's a job I hate too, which is why I keep putting it off. It's a chest freezer so a lot of bending.

Defrosting freezer a job I used to hate, when we bought our freezer over 10 years ago we opted for a no frost upright one, it was replaced recently with another no frost one, no more kneeling on the floor or bending over and nearly falling into a chest freezer scraping out the ice. 

• Like 5

I remember once when the Mrs went all moody and left a note on the door fridge for me to read when I came home . It read . . .. 

"Sorry but this isn't working so gone to my Mums "

Pleased to say the fridge lit up when I opened the door and the beer was chilled .🙃

• Haha 12

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

I tried paying again and it has worked this time with the amount shown as pending on my credit card. No worry to stop me sleeping tonight 😴

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

My finger just slipped and I might have booked a cruise with royal Caribbean 🙈

Fabulous!!! I booked one with Royal last week for August 2025, taking the grandchildren 

You will have a wonderful time

Michelle

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Fabulous!!! I booked one with Royal last week for August 2025, taking the grandchildren 

You will have a wonderful time

Michelle

Our next cruise is  Arvia. After that it will be RC, or NCL. We need the points.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Which ship?

anthem of the sea. Going from Southampton. I was warned not to get anymore holidays but somehow he agreed. 
we have iona in dec, arvia Caribbean in feb, rc fjords in May, back to iona in dec, the Arvia med in March. Booked quite up for the next 18months. 
although how I’ll survive between May and December I don’t know. 
but in my defence the cruise wasn’t much more than a caravan in Newquay

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

anthem of the sea. Going from Southampton. I was warned not to get anymore holidays but somehow he agreed. 
we have iona in dec, arvia Caribbean in feb, rc fjords in May, back to iona in dec, the Arvia med in March. Booked quite up for the next 18months. 
although how I’ll survive between May and December I don’t know. 
but in my defence the cruise wasn’t much more than a caravan in Newquay

Excellent choices.

I'm really pleased for you and totally agree with cruising as much as you can.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

So to hear about your uncle .

Have a lovely relaxing hot 12 days on QV , safe travels.

• Thanks 1