P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

The shops are indeed half empty round here, Morrisons in particular was very quiet.  Also some of the major supermarkets have e mailed me offering a late Xmas shop.  They weren't available a few weeks ago. 

We realised just now that we were running short of cat litter, its too heavy for us now, so I looked on Iceland of all people, ordered 3 plus big boxes of cat food which last for ever and that is being delivered in three hours.  Unbelievable.

Can I morph into Kalos please, just for a minute!   

I ACCIDENTALLY TOOK MY CAT'S MEDICATION

DON'T ASK MEOW

I'll get my coat!😀

Iceland have plenty of pumice at the moment.

• Haha 5

Just now, kalos said:

Just use Freeview TV guide

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide?userNid=64257#5CJpuzyYSUPvjmcK.97

It lets you plan a week ahead . 

My main go to film at Christmas will be Home Alone 2 cos it's as daft as me 🙃

What's on the telly often resulted in the reply...a vase of flowers. Too slim for anything now. We have a smart telly. It can't have a vase of flowers balanced on it. Not so smart Sony are you?.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

What's on the telly often resulted in the reply...a vase of flowers. Too slim for anything now. We have a smart telly. It can't have a vase of flowers balanced on it. Not so smart Sony are you?.

We once had a goldfish that lived on ours .That would have been a good one for family fortunes .

Name something you can watch on TV ?  Our survey said ... 🙃

We take things literally  , only other day Mrs said "Turn big light off "

Problem is they are all the same size but I think she means the one strapped to our ceiling.

Same if you sit at a table alone in a pub and someone comes up , points to the empty chair and asks is anyone sat in them ?

The times I've been tempted to say " just the invisible man and his family " 

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, kalos said:

We once had a goldfish that lived on ours .That would have been a good one for family fortunes .

Name something you can watch on TV ?  Our survey said ... 🙃

We take things literally  , only other day Mrs said "Turn big light off "

Problem is they are all the same size but I think she means the one strapped to our ceiling.

Same if you sit at a table alone in a pub and someone comes up , points to the empty chair and asks is anyone sat in them ?

The times I've been tempted to say " just the invisible man and his family " 

Shortly before I retired I acted as an advisor in an office full of young folk. I often went to make a coffee in the ' breakout room '. Several young Ladies would be discussing their weekend adventures. What would you do Mr Zap ?. I Learnt to keep me gob shut.

Edited by zap99

53 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just use Freeview TV guide

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide?userNid=64257#5CJpuzyYSUPvjmcK.97

It lets you plan a week ahead . 

My main go to film at Christmas will be Home Alone 2 cos it's as daft as me 🙃

There must be an Indiana Jones. DW said I'll watch strictly up stairs. OK dear. There is another smart telly in the bedroom. Strictly?...Not so smart LG are you?..

I wish you all a happy, healthy and peaceful Christmas. After another month in hospital with pneumonia, Christmas and cruising are cancelled for the time being. Just appreciate everything one has and take nothing for granted.

• Like 28

18 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I wish you all a happy, healthy and peaceful Christmas. After another month in hospital with pneumonia, Christmas and cruising are cancelled for the time being. Just appreciate everything one has and take nothing for granted.

Sorry to hear your health problems are ongoing. I wish you a good recovery for 2024. Happy Christmas 🎅 🎄

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

This is to wish everyone a Happy Christmas and a good New Year.  I am leaving for my airport hotel very shortly and then off tomorrow to Fort Lauderdale to see my friends before boarding our Celebrity cruise on the 22nd.  It will be into the New Year before we return and then a week at home before flying off to Barbados on the 13th to join Britannia.

Special thoughts and wishes to those of you who have had some very sad and tragic family events lately. I hope you enjoy a restful and peaceful time and can recall happy memories and take comfort from them.  To those who are currently unwell or in pain I hope you start to feel better and get relief soon.

Life takes some funny turns. I learned yesterday that my cousin lost his wife to cancer a couple of months back and chose to tell no one but his best friend and then to compound it I learned one of my immediate family is receiving church handouts for their children this year as they are in dire financial straits.  I guess the reason I say this is we should count our blessings, be kind to people and never be afraid to share if we have troubles.  

Christmas is hopefully a time for reflection. Have a great one all.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas and enjoy your cruise 

Michelle

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Sorry to hear you have been in hospital, hope you start to feel better soon. Hopefully 2024 wil be better for you. Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year

Michelle

• Like 9

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

We have arrived at Nidd Hall, looks really nice with a lovely Xmas tree in Reception.

Our allocated room turned out to be unsuitable for me, I couldn’t get my mobility scooter through the door so back to Reception to ask for a room change. They have given us The Nidderdale Suite, with a separate lounge and fabulous views. What a bonus I certainly didn’t expect that but gratefully received.

Hubby and in-laws just gone on a short tour of the grounds followed by hot chocolate and toasted marshmallows around the firepit. 

Michelle

• Like 15

32 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

So sorry to hear of another long hospital stay. Hopefully you are now back at home and on the mend. Have a great Christmas and thanks for your efforts at keeping us in order again this year. 

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Wishing you a good recovery Sharon - in your own time and when your body tells you it is ready. Take good care of yourself. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 12

57 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

As nurse Becket said you take care and get well soon .We look forward to updates from you 

once your on the mend . Best wishes 🙂

• Like 5

Now  I'm not up with the fairies.

Yesterday's procedure went well. I wont mention pain or lack of it or it will all go wring.

It was very funny in parts like me threatening to run off with the anaesthetist but what happened about the knickers really cheered us up.  

What made us laugh is putting on the  dreaded backless gown I asked about  knickers.  The nurse said that each surgeon was different and to ask him.  Not an easy thing to ask a handsome Thai/Chinese? Surgeon.   So as he left I said "Oh Underclothes?" and he turned and said "You can leave your knickers on" and rolled up and left laughing. 

I was very pleased because I had to launch face down onto three stomach pillows when in the theatre. I don't think that was pretty.🤣

Anyway it was all over very quickly.  He said he found the spine twisted worse than it looked on the mri and he wasn't surprised at the amount of pain.

I hope it all lasts for a few months but  can only watch and wait.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

What a powerfully resilient outlook. Our very best wishes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Wishing you much better health for 2024 and please keep us updated as to how you are doing.

Gill x

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Yesterday's procedure went well. I wont mention pain or lack of it or it will all go wring.

It was very funny in parts like me threatening to run off with the anaesthetist but what happened about the knickers really cheered us up.  

What made us laugh is putting on the  dreaded backless gown I asked about  knickers.  The nurse said that each surgeon was different and to ask him.  Not an easy thing to ask a handsome Thai/Chinese? Surgeon.   So as he left I said "Oh Underclothes?" and he turned and said "You can leave your knickers on" and rolled up and left laughing. 

I was very pleased because I had to launch face down onto three stomach pillows when in the theatre. I don't think that was pretty.🤣

Anyway it was all over very quickly.  He said he found the spine twisted worse than it looked on the mri and he wasn't surprised at the amount of pain.

Been thinking of you and so was glad to hear it all went ok and even more pleased than you managed to retain your knickers and dignity!

Gill x

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Good luck,sounds like you didn't get a bum deal.

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

It is nice to hear from you.

I'm so sorry to hear you have been so unwell and prayers 🙏 uplifted for better health soon.

Best wishes for a happy Christmas and healthy new year.

Graham xx

icegif-1035.gif

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Wise words Sharon. Have a lovely Christmas and I hope 2024 is a much better year for you.

Avril

• Like 11

The wind has had me awake since just after 3 am.  I hate the thought of going out this morning but I have to take the children to school.

I can't make up my mind whether or not to get DH to get the Christmas tree out of the loft because I don't feel very festive this year but it feels odd not to have a Christmas tree.

Have a good day everyone what ever you have planned today.

• Like 11

Sharon - thank you for your message

Josy - do whatever you feel best doing

Indiana - so glad your procedure went well and that you kept your dignity

All three if you need a better 2024 than 2023 - as does P&O Sue

An early Happy New Year to you all

I’m a member of the ATE (awake too early) club today.  About 3.45am, I think.  Goodness knows why - I haven’t anything bothering me, or anything needing to be done today

Anyway - Happy Winter Solstice everyone

🎶 Things Can Only Get Better 🎶  from now - or at least they will be lighter

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I'm so pleased to hear everything went well for you @indiana123 - love the knicker story!  Only you can know the extent of your pain prior the procedure but wasn't it nice to hear that your surgeon recognised that pain? I really hope you can have a few relatively pain-free months and life becomes a bit easier for you. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 12