P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Lots of people with lots of news - lovely that the news is mostly, if not totally, good

i have no real news, except that it is a nice, dry, sunny if chilly, day, and, believe it or not, this time next week I shall be on a cruise!  3 years and 50 weeks since we disembarked Ventura early February 2020.  Looking forward with a little bit of trepidation - Iona seems a bit *enormous*

I’ll try to do a (semi) live blog - but that’s for the future.  I’m still vaguely waiting for whatever emergency will prevent us joining the ship … and I always thought I was a glass-half-full person 🫤

We booked a few days in Weymouth for July. Just before the kids break up. A week later and the price doubled. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning,frosty start but lovely and sunny now.A gourmet touch from my mrs with the Sunday fryup,lol.Cheesy toms with oregano.PS sis glad to hear Frank is improving.

Just a sideways look... but a whole new world of possibilities!😅😅

IMG_20240107_0940091931878.thumb.jpg.6b286b17941b12c2fa3cee50b30c2add.thumb.jpeg.840738748c36611b99efd6bb8965a5d1.jpeg

And 3˚C here... actually fallen in the last couple of hours... but bright and sunny, Off for a light lunch and to see "One Life" later this afternoon.

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Massive difference in the pricing as you say. When there used to be two competing things were always much cheaper. 

May encourage me to do some shorter cruises and just fly down.

Was thinking the same myself wasn't worth driving all that way for 3-4 day cruise and when Logan Air was doing that route cost as much as cruise did.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Angel57 said:

It is indeed that one…..😀

It will easy to recognise me as i have hired a Mobility Scooter to get round ship with it being so big, if you see someone going about 30 MPH pumping there horn, Men, Women & Children diving out the way that will probably be me. 🤠

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We booked a few days in Weymouth for July. Just before the kids break up. A week later and the price doubled. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks!

It’s terrible how much people are ‘over a barrel’ with the school holiday price hikes

Fingers crossed for good weather mid-July.

Did I post my New Year’s Eve pic?

Weymouth doing a good impersonation of Chania🙂

9A8754C0-84F6-4A71-B570-9ABC4815B5A1.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning. Dull and damp here too and a very pleasant 2c😬

Just having a quiet coffee before the taxi comes at 10.40am and I stay until 6pm. Long days I know, but we are missing each other so much. The visiting hours are 9am - 9pm so they don't mind. I get a coffee and a sandwich from Costa downstairs and then sit and have lunch together. 

We probably won't learn anything about test results, treatment, discharge etc until tomorrow so have to be patient. Frank's looking and feeling better(and slimmer) so everything crossed🤞 I've lost 12lb over the last 10 days, I know I wanted to lose some weight but there are better ways🙄

Have a good day everyone and keep warm. x

Avril

Good stuff Avril

As you say, a bit OTT for losing weight but that gives you both a bit of leeway for enjoying all the nice things when Frank’s home

All the best

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We have another cold day only 2°c at the moment. I was hoping that it might warm up a bit but it has gone quite grey so I have been out for a short walk before it gets any colder or starts to rain.

I was walking along the lane and wished that I had taken my phone out with me because a murmuration of starlings passed over.  They were beautiful as they swirled around.

• Like 7

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today. It’s a lovely day here, clear blue sky but cold. We have just had a walk out with the dogs on the sea front, now warming up with a nice cup of coffee.

Not doing much this afternoon apart from a pile of ironing. My mum is coming for tea tonight. Beef stifado with orzo pasta in the slow cooker.

Michelle

• Like 5

As we missed having our own turkey this year we managed to finally find a turkey crown a few days ago.  We missed the cold meat and pickles next day, then the turkey stew then the curry.

I am cooking it as a roast today, but have decided to do it all in the Ninja.  I am wishing myself good luck.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

As we missed having our own turkey this year we managed to finally find a turkey crown a few days ago.  We missed the cold meat and pickles next day, then the turkey stew then the curry.

I am cooking it as a roast today, but have decided to do it all in the Ninja.  I am wishing myself good luck.

Sounds nice but I hope you checked the sell by date in case it was left unsold from Christmas. 

5 hours ago, July morning said:

Peanut I hope you don't mind me asking but how is your dogs eye now? hopefully a good recovery 🐶

She is doing really well, check up Weds morning in Penrith. Thank you for asking

Michelle

• Like 15

Good morning.. any night owls about?

I am a food fancier who gets cravings.  Here I am really fancying a humble cheese sandwich.  I am also trying to lose weight.  Should I /shouldn't I.  I never have had good willpower!!🤣

• Like 6

Good morning Indiana - me too, awake since 3.  But I had had 4/5 hours, so not too bad.  I find I feel ready for breakfast about now, but by the time I do actually feel like getting up properly the feeling has gone off.  It is odd that it seems for everyone being awake around 2 or 3 we start worrying about problems which seem insoluble, but by 7 or 8 they can be dealt with.  I'm seeing the Doc. tomorrow morning re dealing with this (probably not serious) heart problem, and at 3 I am afraid the car won't start, the weather will be awful, what do I wear in case of needing to be examined and so on.  The one advantage of being old is being aware of this fact, so not getting into a tizzy as I used to.

I hope everyone with health problems is improving - thinking especially of Avril and Frank.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Yes I got nearly four hours. I saw there is a bad weather warning for this week ie ice and snow, so have just done a food shop online just in case.  Only a day or two early.

Good Luck at the Drs Lincslady or rather  'fellow owl;😄

The cheese sandwich was delicious.

Just off back to bed.

• Like 11

Today is "back to normal" day. 

School run, grocery shopping, craft group and to finish off a phone appointment with the doctor to discuss my test results which means my sister has to do this afternoon's school run which will get her out of the house.

Have a good day whatever you are doing today.

• Like 14

Morning it's 2.c and dry here .

Now the weekend is out the way @Adawn47 Avril and Frank hopefully will have 

the main doctors doing their rounds and giving them a few answers and plans.

It must be nice for some to get back to a "proper " Monday now the festive season 

is over ,which throws your days out . Fridays feeling like Sundays etc.

Anyways hope you all enjoy your day 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day, again😲 down here, although very cold at 1c with a feel of -9c. A big contrast to last week when we had temps of 13c. 

Need to make several phone calls today and get on with my sewing, but other than that nothing planned.

• Like 4

Today it's 2˚C and grey. The forecast for lunch is 1˚C and sleet. The forecast for later this afternoon is 0˚C and snow. It currently feels like -3˚C and the forecast is to feel like -5˚C. In other words Brrrrrrrr! and Double Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

We saw the film "One Life" yesterday afternoon. We expected the story of "kinder-transports" from Prague at the beginning of the second world war to be moving but what really disarmed us were some of the scenes shot in Prague... places that we'd walked past only a few months ago... and the main railway station. Buildings that we remember from just last autumn took on a totally different look with the black, white and red banners of the time...1939. 

It was a thought-provoking experience and the faces of some of the characters still haunt our thoughts this morning.

• Like 3

Morning all.

Feeling a little anxious today. As kalos says, the doctor will be discussing the results, treatment and hopefully his discharge. I'm sure we had the worst diagnosis with heart failure, so we're on the home stretch.

@Josy1953 I hope your test results are good and that @lincslady you have a satisfactory discussion  with your doctor tomorrow. Keep us updated. x

The washer's just finished, so i'll deal with that and get ready for what kalos fondly calls the 'hozzie'😁

It's bloomin' cold out there this morning so wrap up well if you're out and about and take care. x

Avril

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok on the first “normal” Monday of the year.

I was awake too for a couple of hours during the night thinking about our house and all the work and about our dog.

It’s a beautiful sunny day here but cold. I am picking my mum up soon and going for a wander into St Annes

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle 

• Like 11

Good morning. Had frost this morning & quite icy on my early walk but I managed to stay upright! I’m home alone with just the dog, ds started his new job this morning, I’m assuming the train got him there as I’ve not heard from him. Going to brave the roof in a bit to actually put the decorations up there, dh was up there looking for something over Xmas so I’m hoping he’s not moved too much! Wish me luck! Have a good day, hope everyone’s results & recommendations for treatments go well. X 

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Today we are going to try a transfer a P&O cruise from one in September 24 to a January 25 one. My understanding is that as long as the other cruise is the same price or higher that it is allowed. Has anyone done this previously?

Not sure if you mean this January or next year but can't see why not .

A year or so back we moved a select fare forward to October that's just gone.

I think I owed them £20-30 more in total but the re booked cruise was over £100

better in our favor regarding the OBC .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1