P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We finally have a dry morning for the school run, I just hope it lasts.  It is "Sisters Lunch" today and a chance to see one of the grandchildren because one of them is looking after her grandaughter while the parents are at work.  My sister says that she isn't looking forward to September when the granddaughter will be able to go to the creche attached to the school where her mum teaches.

• Like 7

Good morning.

It is sunny and 2°C with frost on the car windscreen.

Nothing planned today so hopefully a pyjama day.

I hope everyone is well.

Thinking of Michelle's @Peanut006 dear mam and hoping she is feeling better today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Until I had my Yaris Cross, I or my wife had never owned an automatic, I must admit I was dubious about it, but after a year I can honestly say I won’t be going back to manual cars. My wife suffers from sciatica in her left leg which caused her pain when driving long distances, with automatic she has no problem driving long distances in her Yaris hybrid and is getting close to 70mpg on average. 

No our dealership isn’t Pinkstone, its a long standing Family run Shropshire based Dealership, W. R. Davies. 

I love driving automatic cars in Florida but when I got my new Renault car 20 months ago there was a 6-12 month waiting list so I bought another 6 gear manual petrol car.

I do no want an Electric or Hybrid car.

• Like 3

A cold but dry morning at 3C, next few days looking dry, so hopefully at some point I can get some gardening done with damaging the lawn, notice lots of weeds starting to appear, so long handle hoe will gone out to deal with them. The mild weather caused our rhubarb to shoot into growth, I pulled two substantial sticks yesterday which my wife plans to have for breakfast with yoghurt. With frosts forecast again I have taken the precaution of covering the crown with straw and the plant with a fleece covering as there are a number of new shoots showing. 

Took another crop of potatoes from clamp yesterday, we haven’t bought potatoes for months now, other than ones for baking. Amazing how many potatoes we got from just 3 containers. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is well.

Thinking of Michelle's @Peanut006 dear mam and hoping she is feeling better today.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is well.

Kind of you to think about my mum Graham. You won’t believe it but when I visited last night she was like a different person. She walked around the ward with my hubby using her Walker. Her mind and speech was a sharp as it’s ever been. She walked around during the day too with the physio and occ health lady. They say she can come home as soon as care is in place at home. Unbelievable, but I am very happy

Michelle

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Kind of you to think about my mum Graham. You won’t believe it but when I visited last night she was like a different person. She walked around the ward with my hubby using her Walker. Her mind and speech was a sharp as it’s ever been. She walked around during the day too with the physio and occ health lady. They say she can come home as soon as care is in place at home. Unbelievable, but I am very happy

Michelle

This is fantastic news Michelle and has really cheered me up.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This is fantastic news Michelle and has really cheered me up.

Graham.

It’s cheered me up too Graham. Hopefully she will continue to improve, I think she will need lots of help but she is so much better

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Great news Michelle.  I’m very happy for you

The weather has joined in with the mood and is bright and sunny, though cooler than of late

Thank you Eddie99, I am happy too

Michelle

• Like 2

Michelle - being of a similar age to your mum, I can well imagine what she has gone through which affects us more as we get old.  Just staying in hospital with a different routine, and probably not sleeping well (including being woken up to have your blood pressure taken through the night) is more disconcerting than it would be for a younger person, and also she has had various drugs whether for pain killing or just the sort of thing they always seem to give you in hospital and they need to get out of your system.  It takes longer for us to manage these different happenings, but in the end assuming you have still got your marbles, as she obviously has, you make a pretty complete recovery.  Anyway, delighted that she is back to her old self.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It’s cheered me up too Graham. Hopefully she will continue to improve, I think she will need lots of help but she is so much better

Michelle

Great news ,hope her choice of food improves now. Onwards and upwards 😃

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Until I had my Yaris Cross, I or my wife had never owned an automatic, I must admit I was dubious about it, but after a year I can honestly say I won’t be going back to manual cars. My wife suffers from sciatica in her left leg which caused her pain when driving long distances, with automatic she has no problem driving long distances in her Yaris hybrid and is getting close to 70mpg on average, so is very happy with it. 

No our dealership isn’t Pinkstone, its a long standing Family run Shropshire based Dealership, W. R. Davies. 

Just to add to my moans about the Yaris, on the way to pick the children to take them to school a red battery shaped warning light came on.  After dropping the children off I filled the car up and when I restarted the light had gone off.  I have called Pinkstones thinking that I had an intermittent problem but the red light apparently means that "the car needs a good run and if it doesn't go off after that then book it in to be checked over" so it seems that going to school and then to Tesco, a total of 4 miles constitutes a good run and solved the problem. 

DH has just said that this week has been unusual because I was ill and didn't go to my craft group meeting on Monday so the car did not get it's usual 12 miles round trip so it probably isn't an intermittent problem.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Just to add to my moans about the Yaris, on the way to pick the children to take them to school a red battery shaped warning light came on.  After dropping the children off I filled the car up and when I restarted the light had gone off.  I have called Pinkstones thinking that I had an intermittent problem but the red light apparently means that "the car needs a good run and if it doesn't go off after that then book it in to be checked over" so it seems that going to school and then to Tesco, a total of 4 miles constitutes a good run and solved the problem. 

DH has just said that this week has been unusual because I was ill and didn't go to my craft group meeting on Monday so the car did not get it's usual 12 miles round trip so it probably isn't an intermittent problem.

As with any car short runs are drain on the battery especially if you have the heating/air conditioning on, radio etc. in my service report it indicated I had a period where my battery went below the recommended levels, checking back on the app I noticed it was a week or 2 where I only did a couple of 4 mile round trip journeys, the next week we went on a 190 mile trip which fully charged the 12v battery. I do at least one or 2 20+ round trips a week which keeps battery charged up. 

One thing I would like to see added is a battery level indicator for the 12v battery, you can see the level for the hybrid battery, but it’s the 12v that often gives the red light.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Great news Michelle. I hope her care for home is sorted soon.

Jennizor

Xx

• Like 4

Just booked a surgical referral appointment for my hands problem. The 13th March is OK but the average wait for surgery is currently about 26 weeks from that date. Some may wait less time, some more. That works out at mid September 😧. My Arcadia cruise is in July with the final payment date in March. I must check to see if Travel Insurance is concerned about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Trigger Finger 🤞

• Like 6

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Michelle - being of a similar age to your mum, I can well imagine what she has gone through which affects us more as we get old.  Just staying in hospital with a different routine, and probably not sleeping well (including being woken up to have your blood pressure taken through the night) is more disconcerting than it would be for a younger person, and also she has had various drugs whether for pain killing or just the sort of thing they always seem to give you in hospital and they need to get out of your system.  It takes longer for us to manage these different happenings, but in the end assuming you have still got your marbles, as she obviously has, you make a pretty complete recovery.  Anyway, delighted that she is back to her old self.

Thank you for your words lincslady, it explains things really well for me

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Great news ,hope her choice of food improves now. Onwards and upwards 😃

I hope her food intake improves too, I have been to M & S food hall and got her some mini meals 

Michelle

• Like 6