P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Sitting waiting for the teens to wander downstairs ready for school.  I  just shouted up to them that it is a leap year so they need to leap from the top of the stairs to celebrate having an extra school day this year.🤣

• Haha 13

Back from the school run and they are not celebrating an extra school day🤣

The boy had an interview last night at the college that he has chosen to go to do A levels in September, I asked how it went and he said that he has to do an A+ course because based on his predicted GCSE results and his plan to study medicine they believe that the A+ course will be better suited to him.  He is a bit disappointed because he won't be with his friend who he has been with since they were 3 and in nursery.

• Like 8

Leap year days ,who would have them ? Folk who are on fixed salaries

can work for nowt today . 

Somewhere there's possibly a 6 year old mum stood in an off licence 

trying to buy a bottle of vodka for her birthday today  ,whilst her 6 year

old daughter who'sbirthday is not today complains bitterly to the shop keeper .. 

"That's not fair I'm the same age but you didn't serve me " 🙃

Sad news about Dave Myers the Hairy Biker RIP 😢

Edited by kalos
  • Like 12

Good morning.

While Pauline was at the hairdresser's I popped along to the beach with my Starbucks coffee and warm Banana loaf.

The banana loaf tastes much nicer warm and how they automatically serve it in Florida.

IMG_20240229_105945.jpg

• Like 12

On 2/27/2024 at 10:27 PM, Purdey16 said:

Sorry it’s the right hand side , not the left RIGHT side 😂

Yes we sat on the left hand side and I was very grumpy going back as lots of the people on the right just fell asleep on the way back down 😡

• Like 1

@SarahHben, glad to see you posting but sad you’re having a rough time.

We went to Norway in 2013 in the last week in April going into May, there was snow on the high ground (Ok at ship level) We almost got snow blindness from looking out the Flam train! The famous waterfall was frozen 😱

IMG_0161.jpeg

IMG_0160.jpeg

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thanks Graham for thinking of Mum, she looked a bit frail when we went to see her Tuesday but when I phoned her yesterday she sounded quite perky!

Sending her my best wishes Sue.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This is not really P&O but it made me smile.

I just got an email from Princess inviting us to bid for an upgrade on our upcoming cruise, which is  sold out on all grades of cabin.  I was already concerned that we might have made an error booking when I realised that it would be school holidays. 

I wonder if we are going to arrive at Southampton to find that we are sharing our cabin with strangers ?

😱

Screenshot_20240229-135530_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by Josy1953

42 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

just got an email from Princess inviting us to bid for an upgrade

The way of the world now, everywhere you turn it's do want to "give us more money ?" That's what they really want 🤔

Our holidays out in Madeira, our two cruises with P&O were all met with ,fine now

you have decided what you want ,do you want to upgrade ?

Even the hotels we stayed at and even the carvery's were at it .. would you like pigs blankets with that for just a couple of quid more ??

Erm no thanks ,if I did then I would have booked in the first place !

God loves a tryer though and they are trying to make more money 🙂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kalos said:

The way of the world now, everywhere you turn it's do want to "give us more money ?" That's what they really want 🤔

Our holidays out in Madeira, our two cruises with P&O were all met with ,fine now

you have decided what you want ,do you want to upgrade ?

Even the hotels we stayed at and even the carvery's were at it .. would you like pigs blankets with that for just a couple of quid more ??

Erm no thanks ,if I did then I would have booked in the first place !

God loves a tryer though and they are trying to make more money 🙂

I could understand the offer if the cruise still had available cabins but this is completely sold out.  I  always mark the booking as "No Upgrade" because we have cruised often enough to know where we like to be on the ship and that may not be where the cruise line to be the best position.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I could understand the offer if the cruise still had available cabins but this is completely sold out.  I  always mark the booking as "No Upgrade" because we have cruised often enough to know where we like to be on the ship and that may not be where the cruise line to be the best position.

We had the same with the Azura ,sold out a good few weeks before but that 

did not stop us getting an upgrade offer .🤔

Maybe they want you to move in with the captain Josy 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We had the same with the Azura ,sold out a good few weeks before but that 

did not stop us getting an upgrade offer .🤔

Maybe they want you to move in with the captain Josy 🤣

It's bad enough to be sharing with my husband  I definitely wouldn't want to share with anyone else 🤣🤣

• Haha 10

White Rabbit 🐰 White Rabbit 🐰 White Rabbit 🐰.

Good luck for the new month.

It is 1°C sunny with frost on my car windscreen.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to Spring.

• Like 7

Good morning from a very wet Dorset.
I’m currently having a new patio laid. The poor guys doing the work got soaked yesterday and today doesn’t look a whole lot better. The kettle is working overtime with tea and coffee drinks.

Poor Freddie is not enjoying the noise and the interruption to his usual routines.

I hope everyone is well.

Gill x

• Like 6

Hi all,just booked our 1st cruise for 5 years off the telly.Spain,Canaries and Morocco.Barcelona to Barcelona over 2024 Christmas and new year.Flights,1 night hotel,12 night cruise on Celebrity Infinity, Aqua balcony,grats,drinks and wifi all inc. £6198 for 2 of us.Researching everything already,lol. 

• Like 13

Morning it's 2.c and dull but hey it's 1st March and the Met office thinks it's spring

It don't feel like it 🤔

The lunar guys say that will be around 20th March, maybe a bit warmer then who knows ?  

All is not lost though as today is St Davids day so happy St Davids day to one and all ! 

Have a good day -Take care 😃

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning it's 2.c and dull but hey it's 1st March and the Met office thinks it's spring

It don't feel like it 🤔

The lunar guys say that will be around 20th March, maybe a bit warmer then who knows ?  

All is not lost though as today is St Davids day so happy St Davids day to one and all ! 

Have a good day -Take care 😃

As a plumber,just the sound of the words leek/leak used bring me out in a cold sweat.

• Haha 7

Happy St David's day to all you Welsh people out there.

When I went out to take the monsters to school it was snowing but by the time we got to school it had changed to rain and the queue to get to the drop off point was about 100 yards up the road and then winding around the school drive.  I love that the children who usually walk to school get their parents or some other family member to drive them in when it rains. 

We walked to school regardless of the weather.

• Like 10