P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

On Aurora in Andalsnes today. We waited for the last Intercruises coach as they are contracted to P&O. Unfortunately, Eavesway are not, so we left without them. Doubt Eavesway will compensate their passengers so poor people will probably have to claim on insurance. 

Great destination.  Love the ride up the Gondola! 

We're there next month - as a matter of interest, is there any snow at ground level at the moment? Guess there will be on the top of the mountains. 

Enjoy your day and here. 

Just now, kruzseeka said:

Great destination.  Love the ride up the Gondola! 

We're there next month - as a matter of interest, is there any snow at ground level at the moment? Guess there will be on the top of the mountains. 

Enjoy your day and here. 

Not as much snow as last year. 20240315_103555.thumb.jpg.7fa442648b8d50681b3f4f1a40029593.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Did not post much yesterday as had a bit of an off day . Got up in the morning

and the room was spinning but back to normal if there is such a thing for me.

The food photos all look lovely ,didn't eat much yesterday so I could eat the

lot for breakfast .

Hope you all have a good day 🙂

Glad you're feeling better today.  Take care! 🤗😘

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fionboard said:

On Aurora in Andalsnes today. We waited for the last Intercruises coach as they are contracted to P&O. Unfortunately, Eavesway are not, so we left without them. Doubt Eavesway will compensate their passengers so poor people will probably have to claim on insurance. 

Thank you for posting this. We regularly travel on the coach so this is good to know 

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Some flights go to Girona about 102km away from Barcelona.

Thanks Graham. In our case though, we are up on stuff like that - European airport codes could be my Mastermind subject 😉. DH for years would fly out on Mondays and (usually) back on Fridays to different European countries. The Jet2 flight that arrives on the day of the Celebrity cruise we are looking at is definitely BCN. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning hope everyone's ok ,just done a quick catch up on posts and am

glad to read Josy got sorted for a fee with her insurance,many would say 

"yer not going " but all's needed is for the tests to come back ok 🙂

lot for breakfast .

I'm sorry to hear you had an off day yesterday mate.

I hope you are feeling a lot better today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thanks Graham. In our case though, we are up on stuff like that - European airport codes could be my Mastermind subject 😉. DH for years would fly out on Mondays and (usually) back on Fridays to different European countries. The Jet2 flight that arrives on the day of the Celebrity cruise we are looking at is definitely BCN. 

Jet 2 flights from Newcastle to Barcelona didn't work if we wanted a RCL cruise from Barcelona.

An option was a TUI holiday flight to Girona which people use for the Costa Brava/Dorado resorts.

I decided against a 60 mile taxi to Barcelona port.

• Like 1

It’s one of the forum’s quiet periods at the moment

It feels very much like the seasons are changing.  Shame that we don’t get a clock change for another fortnight.  🎶 If I ruled the world 🎶 we’d change mid-February

Sorry to hear you weren’t feeling great kalos.  Fingers crossed you’ll be fit and fine in no time

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, purplesea said:

I hope you have a great cruise.

As you know we were supposed to be on this one too, and I was looking forward to meeting up for a promised drink, but we cancelled as Mum decided that the flight would be too much for her.

We are on the following cruise instead, so please leave her nice and tidy🤣

I will do my best to leave her in good condition for you!! Hope you have a lovely time

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning hope everyone's ok ,just done a quick catch up on posts and am

glad to read Josy got sorted for a fee with her insurance,many would say 

"yer not going " but all's needed is for the tests to come back ok 🙂

lot for breakfast .

Hope you are feeling ok now Kalos

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I often wonder why we ladies include hairdresser, manicure, eyelashes and eyebrows on our precruise checklist but men just have hairdresser on their non-existent list 🤔

I think I just like the pampering Josy, don’t like the cost though!!!

Hubby had his haircut last week and they asked if he wanted his nostrils doing, “yes” he said but was unaware they were going to wax it using cotton buds!!! He said he thought his brains were going to get pulled out!! Wish I had been there to see his face!!

Michelle

• Haha 15

49 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Hubby had his haircut last week and they asked if he wanted his nostrils doing, “yes” he said but was unaware they were going to wax it using cotton buds!!! He said he thought his brains were going to get pulled out!! Wish I had been there to see his face!!

Michelle

I just read this out to my husband 😂😂. He won’t be following suit based on his horrified reaction; I’ll just have to keep attacking him with scissors every now and then since he seems to ‘forget’ the nose hair trimmer that our son bought him some years ago 😁.

Hope you have a great time and that the ‘lift genie’ is with you on your cruise 🤞

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

I pulled out a nose hair this morning to see if it hurt.

By the look on the blokes face sat next to me on the bus it does

• Haha 21

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

I just read this out to my OH and he visibly winced. Well seen men have never had a leg wax!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Good morning everyone I’m back from my wet ,wet, windy, cold, week in Cornwall at least we had 1 day of sunshine and went to St Ives on that day , went to Penzance, Newquay, Mevagissey, Charlestown, Looe, and Padstow, so we made the most of it but most of all it was nice spending time with my brother.

Im trying to catch up on her as internet was rubbish in caravan so I hope all is well with everyone especially Kalos and his dizzy spell .

Michelle have a wonderful holiday and can’t wait to read all about it .

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Morning everyone,

Another damp day down here but fairly mild at 11c.

OH birthday today. Got visitors tomorrow so plan on having a baking session, but need to take a trip to Asda or Tesco first, other than that nothing planned.

@Peanut006 I hope you have a great cruise. I'm on countdown to mine now☺️

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

@Peanut006 Have a great cruise Michelle.

@kalos I hope you are feeling better.

@grapau27 - how is your Sarah - I hope she is coming to terms with losing her father.

Have a fab weekend everyone.

Gill x

Thank you Gill.

Her mam and dad are awful and were cruel to her and refused any contact with her for over 8 years.

What has upset her is they told neighbours 5 weeks before he died he was terminal but had not contacted her or us to apologise or let us know even though we live next door.

I opened our gates and moved my car to the top of the close when the ambulances and paramedic cars appeared in case they needed to take him out which they did and put him in the black coroner's van.

Pauline wrote a lovely Condolences card and popped it in their letterbox and she wrote nasty lies on the card and pushed it back through our letterbox.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Gill.

Her mam and dad are awful and were cruel to her and refused any contact with her for over 8 years.

What has upset her is they told neighbours 5 weeks before he died he was terminal but had not contacted her or us to apologise or let us know even though we live next door.

I opened our gates and moved my car to the top of the close when the ambulances and paramedic cars appeared in case they needed to take him out which they did and put him in the black coroner's van.

Pauline wrote a lovely Condolences card and popped it in their letterbox and she wrote nasty lies on the card and pushed it back through our letterbox.

How very sad Graham. Families can be unfathomable sometimes can't they? I suppose from Sarah's point of view he was still her Da, but her mind must be so full of mixed memories from the past. Not for the first time, I am so glad to know she has you and Pauline as her stability. Please wish her well from me. Jane xx

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1