P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

18 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We’re on Sky Princess in September for a 31 day USA and Canada cruise and then again in May 2025 for a 14 day med cruise with Tony Hadley ( Spandau Ballet), Anton Du Beke/Erin Boag (Strictly) and Brian Conley doing shows.

Sky Princess is my favourite ship.  We haven't looked at next year yet but could be tempted to look at your cruise.  I love Strictly and have done 2 previous Strictly cruises.  We have seen Brian Conley and his show was really funny so I wouldn't mind seeing him again but I probably wouldn't bother to go to Tony Hadley's show.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Hope you have a lovely cruise too, we have never been on Arvia, I just feel that it may be a little too big, Sky Princess is the largest that we have been on and she is the one that we are going on this time too if the doctor gives me the all clear this afternoon.

I hope you get the all clear. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.🤞

• Like 5

18 hours ago, brian1 said:

Sods law that the dishwasher packed up Friday just 6 days before we sell the house.The technico came round Saturday took it away and just came back after fitting a new wash motor.150 euro total.Quite pleased with that.UK prices would probably double that.

Brian are you suggesting UK plumbers rip you off ?.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It's a lovely sunny morning here.

Cheesy bacon flatbread and coffee was nice too.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20240319_074736.jpg

IMG_20240319_080217.jpg

Wow, that breakfast disappeared pretty sharpish Graham😁

Avril

• Haha 8

I have just rung P&O to order a wine package. I had made a cup of coffee, sat down, was prepared for a wait and was taken by surpise when the call was answered almost immediately. Wine ordered and paid for in about 6 minutes☺️

I must be having a roll of luck!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

I have one shining light in my garden. I have a camellia in a large pot which belonged to my father and is approaching 60 years old. The first bloom astonished me when it appeared mid December and it is continuing to offer a new flower every day.  Rain, and yet more rain do not appears to stopping it's enthusiasm.  

Incidentally fellow gardeners, any idea what could be eating and stripping my daffodil flowers? Every one in my beds has a been stripped back to just the stamen yet the ones in pots are beautiful upright soldiers.

20240319_080743.jpg

20240319_080800.jpg

It will most likely be slugs Mb.

The beautiful Camelia is a lovely reminder of your father. I have 3 surviving rose bushes that dad planted in 1967 and were moved into my garden when he died in 1991 Every spring when they come to life I feel a part of him is still with me.

Avril

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Hope you have a lovely cruise too, we have never been on Arvia, I just feel that it may be a little too big, Sky Princess is the largest that we have been on and she is the one that we are going on this time too if the doctor gives me the all clear this afternoon.

Good luck for this afternoon Josy; I hope you get the result you want. We're on Sky Princess again later in the year.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

A lovely sunny day here, warm enough to sit out in the garden for a couple of hours, our Magnolia  flowers have opened today, this is the earliest it has flowered. 

Down South, I’ve been commenting on the magnolias round here, lots of front gardens with HUGE trees! I always thought they were a bush 😁 Anyway they all look lovely.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Down South, I’ve been commenting on the magnolias round here, lots of front gardens with HUGE trees! I always thought they were a bush 😁 Anyway they all look lovely.

We have some gardens with magnificent trees, ours is quite small and I cut it back every year to keep it in control as they do easily run away. I have noticed the forsythia is also in abundance this year. 

It is quite nice here and very mild, it was 13oC as we were driving to Barnsley for a spot of breakfast.

I decided to start the power washing this morning as we have a fair bit of patio and block paving plus I like to blast the moss off the fence where it has accumulated behind some of the bushes. Got changed set it up and lo and behold water was pouring from inside the machine. As it is a sealed unit there is not much I can do other than get a new one, probably only a washer/seal that has blown. It seems that they are following the path of all electrical gadgets and gizmo's where mending it yourself is not an option. More expense, grrrrrrrr.

• Like 6

@Josy1953 good luck for this afternoon, I’ve got everything crossed for you.

Even though our cruise is only 4 nights I’m getting really excited now, hope we get onboard with no hiccups! Because of the Bank Holidays and my day off being Tuesday I’ve only booked two days off work but got over a week off!

Going down to Southampton a week tomorrow Eek! 😁

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

We have a soulangeana magnolia which is a tree, but prune it back every so often to keep it from becoming too large. There are smaller ones for small gardens or even for pots if you were interested in having one.

Avril

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We have a soulangeana magnolia which is a tree, but prune it back every so often to keep it from becoming too large. There are smaller ones for small gardens or even for pots if you were interested in having one.

Avril

Thankyou Avril, people round here have really let them get huge! 

21 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

It will be a very busy day in Southampton on embarkation day with 5 cruise ships departing and the first weekend of the boat show.😩

It will indeed, we have actually booked an Intercruise coach for this albeit our usual out of town hotel had rooms available. 

I am back from the doctor and my ECG was clear, he has changed my medication and said that I can go on holiday but I will get an appointment to go to the hospital for more tests.  I have called Staysure and updated them so I am all clear for our cruise next week. I now just need to decide which clothes I am going to need for the cruise and get packing.🤞

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am back from the doctor and my ECG was clear, he has changed my medication and said that I can go on holiday but I will get an appointment to go to the hospital for more tests.  I have called Staysure and updated them so I am all clear for our cruise next week. I now just need to decide which clothes I am going to need for the cruise and get packing.🤞

Fantastic news Josy.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Glad to hear that it is good news, and you can now get on with planning your cruise.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am back from the doctor and my ECG was clear, he has changed my medication and said that I can go on holiday

Great news 😄

• Like 4