P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I've been good, honest,so it's not the naughty step but I can't press any of the 'commenting' thingies/buttons.   All I get is a list of posters.   Any ideas?

Just as as an aside.. it seems ages since anyone here has been on the naughty step eh Zapp?😏

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I've been good, honest,so it's not the naughty step but I can't press any of the 'commenting' thingies/buttons.   All I get is a list of posters.   Any ideas?

Just as as an aside.. it seems ages since anyone here has been on the naughty step eh Zapp?😏

Not me. I'm always a good boy.😇

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Returned home from York after a perfect meet up with my cousin, Charles and his lovely wife Kia. We all gelled imediately and didn't stop talking. Facetimed another cousin, Diane, his sister, who lives near Los Angeles and again we had plenty to say. Charles wants us to visit next year and so does Diane, so it looks like a trip to Nebraska and LA is on the cards.

I am now arranging a similar meet with a 1st cousin on my mothers side. He lives nearer to home in Nottingham.

Good news Bob,I remember back in march when I had lunch with my aunt,uncle,2 1st cousins and 1 2nd cousin.We also gelled  as if we'd known each other for years.My aunt is thinking of a way to trace my mum,she'd be 89 now.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 9

What crazy weather, I just saw that the airport in Majorca has been closed because of flooding, at least here it isn't raining so the washing is out on the line.

Last day at school for my nephew because all exams are finished.  His sister was moaning last night because she has to keep going until the end of term and he won't have to get up early 9will be able to go out with his friends if he wants to during the day.

Have a good day every one.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

What crazy weather, I just saw that the airport in Majorca has been closed because of flooding, at least here it isn't raining so the washing is out on the line.

Last day at school for my nephew because all exams are finished.  His sister was moaning last night because she has to keep going until the end of term and he won't have to get up early 9will be able to go out with his friends if he wants to during the day.

Have a good day every one.

Josy,please don't use the F word again.

• Haha 7

Looks like we've had rain overnight again, but he sun is shining now, although not very warm at only 10c with 15c expected. Shouldn't complain as it's dry and rain is forecast for the next few days, so will make the most of today in the garden.

Meeting friends for coffee, well coffee for me and tea for them, later on, but other than that nothing planned.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Try refreshing the page or signing out and back in again, it always works for me

Failing that you could always try a little feminine persuasio😉

Hit it😁.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Adawn47 said:

Try refreshing the page or signing out and back in again, it always works for me

Failing that you could always try a little feminine persuasio😉

Hit it😁.

Avril

@indiana123

Was just going to suggest the same ,clear the cookies out etc ......

(No not the ones stashed away in your kitchen )🙃

Apart from that,dunno ,not used to techno jargon like 'commenting' thingies/buttons."

Hope you get it  sorted .

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Was just going to suggest the same ,clear the cookies out etc ......

(No not the ones stashed away in your kitchen )🙃

I hear 'clear your cookies' often from my grandson and wouldn't know where to start, so he does it for me, the other cookies I can manage quite well on my own, so you're more tech savvy than I am kalos.

I've also been told to 'right click' and I did, both upper case and lower, but that didn't work either.🤔😁😁😁

Avril

• Like 3

10 hours ago, zap99 said:

Not me. I'm always a good boy.😇

I have wondered how one finds out if someone has been 'disappeared' or whether they just choose not to post for a long time.  I can think of someone who lives not a million miles from me who has not posted here for months and months, and I  enjoyed reading his contributions.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Only when someone's watching Zap😉

Avril

I learn from my mistakes Avril. We are off to that St Ives on Monday. The gulls can get their food from some other mug this year. We put carrots 🥕  out for the rabbits last year. Not this year we wont flipping vermin they are... see I learn.🤣

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I have wondered how one finds out if someone has been 'disappeared' or whether they just choose not to post for a long time.  I can think of someone who lives not a million miles from me who has not posted here for months and months, and I  enjoyed reading his contributions.

If you mean Wowzz, I know but can't tell. He pops up from time to time on another forum. ......no, not that one.  I'll stick to seagulls....safer topic.

• Like 5

I am none the wiser, and can only assume that you only know if someone is on the naughty step if they communicate with you personally?  However, not important in the great scheme of things.

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Can you at least let us know if he's well?

Avril

He was about 6 months ago. Sent you his love. I did post that, but wondered if Frank knew about your fan club.🤣

• Like 6

Well my exercise for the couple of days is sorted out.  I have just had a delivery of election leaflets so I will be out pushing them through letterboxes and hoping there are no vicious dogs about.

DH said that he will help me this time so I am waiting for him to come back from his daily walk to the paper shop

• Like 7

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

He was about 6 months ago. Sent you his love. I did post that, but wondered if Frank knew about your fan club.🤣

Yes, I remember you posting that. 

Frank doesn't know about my fan club zap, I wouldn't want to give him an inferiority complex.😁

Seriously though zap, give wowzz my/our best should you happen to speak with him again.

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Can you at least let us know if he's well?

Avril

Last time I looked he was on a  aviation forum tormenting some pilots .

If he got grounded is another matter .

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We are back from our 20500 steps walk around our local area delivering election leaflets.  It is the first time that DH has helped and was surprised when I told him the step count and it was a smaller route than I have done previously.

• Like 5

Well done - that’s some stepping!

Are you scheduled to do more?  You won’t need to diet, for sure

More power to your leafleting elbow - we all need to be politically aware and, whatever campaign colour, party workers should be appreciated 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Well done - that’s some stepping!

Are you scheduled to do more?  You won’t need to diet, for sure

More power to your leafleting elbow - we all need to be politically aware and, whatever campaign colour, party workers should be appreciated 

Not at the moment, but that doesn't mean anything.  The problem of being known to your MP and friendly with 2 of your local councillors you get dragged into all sorts of things.  This was easy today because it was for our MP but we were asked by our local councillor  so all close to home.  The other councillor that I know was my niece's best friend and when my niece became too ill to go out I took over from her to do her friend's leafleting but this time our councillor came round and asked before my niece's friend managed to catch me.  The other connection that I have is a lady that I knew from work who works in the local office for the MP.

• Like 1